Kish Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Kish

• Amirreza.taheri's Profile Photo

Transportation

by Amirreza.taheri Written Jul 26, 2010

At present, there are a number of international airlines flying to Kish Airport. The most popular airline with the most regular domestic and international flights in Kish is "Kish Air". Kish Air has international flights to Dubai, Istanbul, Varna, Muscat, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. Kish Air also offers domestic flights to Iran's main cities, including Tehran, Isfahan and Mashhad.

* Kish Airport:4422100, 4422460

* Kish Air:4423517, 4422030

* Airport Passport Office:422640

Women who do not have appropriate Muslim dress (head scarves, long smocks or dresses) will be provided with those free of charge upon arrival prior to passing through customs and immigration. These complimentary loaners should be returned upon leaving.
    By car
    Driving by car is an easy and smart option. Currently, there is only one route to Kish Island. If you are driving from Tehran, take care on the road and be alert of the highways and the pedestrians.
    By bus
    There are private buses that will take you from Tehran and other main cities to Kish Island. This is probably the safest way of travelling in Iran. Private buses in Iran are inexpensive compared to other countries in the Middle East.
    By boat
    There are boats that will take you from the port cities of Bandar-e Abbas, Bushehr, and Chahbahar. However, as of June 2009, this has reportedly been suspended.

• sarahshm's Profile Photo

Taxi

by sarahshm Written Mar 18, 2009

Tel taxi :
    Where ever u are in kish, u can call these taxis, this will cost u sth between 10000 to 15000 Rials (for each service).

Linear taxi :
    Those yellow taxis that u can see in the streets and around the island

Ferry

Street in Saffein, Kish Island

...Once again I went back to the immigrations to get the paper I needed. When it was time to leave I still hadn't got my passport back, and I was told there had been a ferry to Bandar-e Lengeh just a few minutes before and that they couldn't give me the paper that day as it was Friday, so sorry you can't go! It was not what I wanted to hear but what was I going to do! But then the policeman came running and I got the paper in the end and could leave.
    So, it is not easy to leave Kish by boat, even if you have a visa, and entered Iran almost two weeks before coming to Kish (Kish is different from the rest of Iran as no visa is needed for foreigners to visit).

The boat was a small speedboat and all got lifewests to wear. The journey over to Bandar-e Chrak took 45 minutes and we did not see land all the way. In Charak cars are waiting to take passengers to different destinations. I paid IR 50 000 and shared car with some others. It is 89 km to Bandar-e Lenghe from Charak and the car had air-condition. In Lenghe the car dropped me just outside the hotel.

Ferry

Leaving Kish Island

Instead of waiting on Kish for the Sunday flight I thought it was a good idea to take the ferry to the mainland and see Bandar-e Lengeh and Busher on the way (and I would arrive to Shiras the same day as the plane). Thursday I went to the port, just to ask which time the ferry to Bandar-e Lengeh left. I had written down some words in Farsi on a paper and there was a man at the terminal who knew a few words English. Well, they told me there was no ferry to Bandar-e Lengeh on Friday, but I could take a speed boat to Bandar-e Charak. Then a policeman came and he wanted to see my passport. I had it at the hotel, but had copies of the passport and the visa. He took me to another part of the building, asking if I was travelling to Lengeh without passport. I tried to explain I just came to the port to ask for the timetable. After a while he understood and I left.

Next morning I came to the port at 9 o'clock. When I wanted to by a ticket they told me I had to go to the immigrations first (even if I had a visa and had not left Iran). At immigrations they asked for my ticket, which I hadn't got. They walked around with my passport for 15 minutes, then told me to buy a ticket. At the ticket office they still didn't want to sell me the ticket, but after talking to the policeman I could buy the ticket. It was IR 38 000 and the boat was leaving as soon as there were 10 passengers. The last boat leaves at 4pm.

Text is too long so I continue in the next tip!

Getting around

Road on Kish

When I was on Kish I stayed in Saffien in the north eastern corner of the island. There were never any problems to go to the east side of the island. There are air-conditioned minibuses going back and forth (they cost IR1500). I never took the bus as there are many shared taxis that always arrived as soon I came to the main road. The shared taxis are yellow and cost IR 2500 (IR 2000 from the Underground City and 3000 when there was no change).

The white taxis are not shared and cost IR 10000 (from the airport I paid IR 20000). When they called a taxi for me at the hotel it was at the front door in a couple of minutes and the price was the same.

All taxis are good cars with air-condition.

Airplane from Tehran

by MalenaN Written Jul 8, 2006

Kish

From Tehran it takes 1,5 hours to fly to Kish. Both Iran Air and Kish Airlines are flying every day from Mehrabad Airport. I flew with Kish Airlines, which left 6.30 in the morning. You should be at the airport one hour before departure, to check in and go through security. There are different lines through security for men and women. The line with men is much longer than the women line.
    On the plane they served breakfast.
    I bought my ticket only two days before, for 50 dollars. The plane was almost full.

In Tehran I took a taxi from the hotel to Mehrabad at 5am (they had called for it the day before) and I paid IR 40000. From the airport on Kish to my hotel I paid IR 20000.

• K1W1's Profile Photo

Speed boat, or slow boat ?

by K1W1 Written Jun 14, 2004

Getting to or from Kish from the Iranian mainland is easy by sea. There are a couple of options
    1. the slow boat to and from Bandar -e Lenge (4hrs and 60,000 rial); and
    2. the speed boat to and from Bandar -e Charak (1hr and 30,000 rials)

From Charak to Lenge, there are shared taxis which take about an hour and half and cost just 16,000 rials.

• K1W1's Profile Photo

Kish Air

by K1W1 Written Jun 4, 2004

Getting to Kish Island from the Emirates is easy as there are many flights (Kish Air) to choose from and even a choice of airports to leave from.
    Leaving from Duabi costs 490 AED's and departures are daily.
    Sharjah departures are from Sat to Wed and cost just 280 AED's but an extra 100 AED's is charged at the airport with gives a 'free?' nights accomodation on the island.

Instant Answers: Kish

Comments

Kish Transportation

Reviews and photos of Kish transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kish sightseeing.