Kerman Transportation

• Orchid's Profile Photo

Bus from Shiraz to kerman

by Orchid Updated Apr 12, 2013

Salt Lake near Shiraz

Best to buy bus tickets from the bus station. You can get your hotel to do it, but we found much less choice in companies and schedules. There are buses at least every 1-2 hours.

Town to bus station was 30000IR, and the bus itself was 80000IR each. The bus is comfortable, no smoking and in good condition. Neither to warm, not too hot.

A word of warning, there is no formal lunch stop at an eating place, though water, sweet biscuits and dry cake were passed out on departure form Shiraz. A stop at about lunchtime was more about allowing time to pray at the mosque, though there was roadside food to be had. Bring snacks.

The trip takes 8 hours. Countryside ranges form irrigated fields to rocky arid mountains. The roads are of a good standard, allowing fast, safe travel.

Bus station in Kerman is on the outskirts - 20000IR to a hotel.

Day trip to Rayan, Mahan, and Joopar

by Sambawalk Updated Jun 1, 2008

I went to Rayan, Mahan, and Joopar through the hard way. From Kerman to Mahan, and then from Mahan to Rayan and back to Mahan. In Kerman, I didn't choose the option of IR300,000 (May 2008) for 3 places - Rayan, Mahan, and Joopar. Insetad I went through the following, but at the end, it costs about IR300,000.

You can take shared taxi from Kerman to Mahan and back. It costs IR7,000 (May 2008) for a taxi for 4 passengers, quite comfotable. The taxi is in Kermani Sq. You can catch shared taxi to Joopar from here as well. It stops at Aramgah-e Shan Ne'matollah Vali.

From Mahan, you can get a taxi to Rayan and back with about 45 minutes stop in Rayan Citadel for IR200,000.

From Mahan, there is no shared taxi to Joopar, so you need to charter a taxi for IR40,000, inlcuding 20 minute waiting time to Imamzadeh-ye Shahzade Hossein.

From Mahan, you also can charter a taxi to Bahg-e Shahzade for IR10,000, including 20 minutes waiting time.

If you try to take taxi from Kerman to above 3 places + Bam, it will cost IR450,000 (May 2008).

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Bus from Kerman to Shiraz (O/N)

by Sambawalk Written May 26, 2008

Kerman bus terminal at night

To save time, I took overnight bus from Kerman to Shiraz. The journey was 8 hours, departing 9pm and arrived at 5am in Shiraz. I took volvo bus, costing IR55,000 (May 2008). The seating was alright, but I could not really sleep.

As I arrived early and no point to search for hotel at that hour, I chose to sleep on the bench inside the bus terminal for 1.5 hours. It was safe as long as you keep the valuable under your head or hold them tight. I found it is a good strategy to sleep in bus terminal for 1-2 hours to wait for dawn if your bus arrives in wee hours. Just sleep till 6:30am /7am before you move to hunt for hotel.

I took taxi from Akhavan Hotel, Kerman to bus terminal IR10,000 (May 2008). In Shiraz, I took taxi from bus terminal to Silk Road Hotel and paid IR10,000, despite the taxi driver asked for IR20,000.

Air Iran from Tehren to Kerman

by Sambawalk Updated May 26, 2008
    Kerman airport

Arrived early morning at Tehren, I went to Air2000 travel agent at 9am. Thinking to fly to Ahvas, but seats full for next 2 days. Then I had to reorganise my travel itinerary for the next 14 days by starting out to Kerman, and that's is, there was a seat to Kerman from Tehren at 3:30pm. So I took it and just spent few hours in Tehren before heading to domestic airport.

Air ticket is IR457,000 (May 2008). Taxi costs IR40,000 (May 2008) from Tehren Ferdesi square to Tehren domestic airport. Taxi from Kerman airport to Akhavan Hotel in Kerman IR32,000.

Out From Kerman...

by coceng Written Jun 5, 2006

After reaching back Kerman from my 11 hours excursion, I just couldn't wait to leave the city.
    Maybe I had seen what I wanted to see so I'd better move to my next destination which was Shiraz.
    I had bought the bus ticket to Shiraz before I started my excursion at 9 am on that day.
    My bus was at 10 pm, departing to Shiraz.
    There were many passengers & all our luggage was given a tag.

Excursion & Around...

by coceng Written Jun 5, 2006

My hotel (Kerman Hotel) is just next to the bus terminal. I asked the receptionist about excursions to Bam & Rayen. They advised me NOT to take public buses to reach Bam, Rayen was okay as it was nearer Kerman.
    Bam was 200 miles away !
    They suggested a taxi from Kerman to Bam; Then on the way back, to Rayen & also some good sights around Kerman for me to see.
    I paid USD 30 for this trip; To me it was just nice maybe that was my budget anyway.
    I had a good time as the driver spoke English & he came to the hotel to negotiate with me.
    It was nearly 11 hours !
    Departed Kerman at about 9 am; I finally arrived back in Kerman at about 8 pm.
    Safe & sound...

Reaching Kerman...

by coceng Written Jun 5, 2006

Reaching Kerman should be easy but the locals warned me as be extra careful when travelling around the eastern part of Iran.
    Eastern part of Iran means it's hundreds of miles away from Afghanistan in the north-east & hundreds of miles away from Pakistan in south-east.
    I had to reach Kerman because I wanted to make it as my base to see Bam & Rayen.
    I took my 5 pm bus from Yazd (this was the last daily bus from Yazd I was told); The journey was about 5 hours.
    The bus was on their way to Zahedan as there were not that many passengers going to Kerman from Yazd, I had to take this bus (I was not told about this...).

BUS TERMINAL:

BUS TERMINAL:
    All bus cooperative companies are represented in Kerrnan. An orange-painted taxi will take you to the bus terminal from anywhere in the town within few minutes.
    1. Adl 221224.
    2. Autb Benz-e Kerrnan 233362.
    3. Azadi 225873.
    12.Rah Payma 221960.
    13.Seyro Safar 223993.
    14. Transport 226752.

• Kanjoo's Profile Photo

mode of traveling to and from Kerman

by Kanjoo Written Oct 20, 2004

If one is coming from zahedan, he will have only one option other than of coming by air which is bus. but from isfahan or tehran one can get here easily by train. and in fact for the tourists from pakistani site, it is so easy to move further to the north or west of the country from kerman by train. And trains are cheaper than busses and when one is compaing iranian trains with pakistan's or india they have 3 times better rail netwrok. however the only problem for the foreigners might be "where to get tickets" becuz the main problem is language, so you need to remember to simple persian words.
    Kataar = Train
    Baleet = ticket
    so when you are here you can use these words and as i have already said that Kermanians are much more freindliers than others specially zahedanians, you will be guided to the right place to find tickets. and an other thing to remember, tickets can be purchased through lots of travel agencies, so wherever you will see any travel agency you can simply go and they can book or can guide you to the right place. in 2003, ticket price for Kerman to Tehran in first class was 3600 Tomans.

AIRPORT:

AIRPORT:
    There is no airport bus, but you can take a taxi to or from town to the airport (225005, 222900) for about 4500 Rials as a solo passenger

AIR AGENT:

AIR AGENT:
    1. Iran Air office is in Dr Beheshti Street 58871-.
    2. Mahan Air 50541-3.
    3. Saha Air office is at the airport

Instant Answers: Kerman

Comments

Kerman Transportation

Reviews and photos of Kerman transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kerman sightseeing.