Ahvaz Transportation

by omidamini

Best Rated Transportation in Ahvaz

BUS TERMINAL:

by omidamini Written Jul 18, 2005

At the far west of town on Enghelab Street. Altogether 19 cooperative bus companies take passengers from Ahwaz to all other provincial capitals and towns. Here, we give you telephone numbers of five cooperative bus companies, for urgent contact:

1. Cooperative No 1 (Iran Payma): 71224
    2. Cooperative No 2 (Pars Payma): 72242
    3. Cooperative No 3: 74678
    4. Cooperative No 4: 79824
    5. Cooperative No 15: 79988

RAILWAY STATION:

RAILWAY STATION:
    There are at least four daily trains to Tehran: 3 express (15.5 hours) and one regular (18.5 hours). The train station (332021- 7) for passengers is on the west side of the river, and the line from Ahwaz station runs in two directions: northward to Tehran via Andimeshk, Arak, and Qum; southward to Khorramshahr.Tickets must be purchased few hours before departure.

By Iran Air from Tehran to Ahvaz

by js77 Written Dec 23, 2006

I took Iran Air (www.iranair.com) flight from Tehran to Ahvaz. Maybe it was because of Ramadan, but I could get a ticket even one day before the flight. The cost of ticket was only 26 usd. All information in Airport and on aircraft was also in English - despite the fact that I could not see any other foreigner on this flight. It was rather old Boing. Surprisingly, passangers got small meal (snacks & juice) included in ticket price.

Bus from Ahvaz to Bushehr

by js77 Written Dec 23, 2006

From Ahvaz I took a bus to Bushehr at 7am. As everywhere in Iran I just needed to get to the bus station and already outside I was met by some agents of bus companies, asked where I want to go and pointed to the right office. The cost of ticket was 45 000 rials for Mercedez bus, but it had some airconditioning and video movies, so maybe it was supposed to be Volvo class, but with small space for legs). It took 7 hours to get to Bushehr. The bus was full and I felt lucky I had bought my ticket on the previous day. From city center you can get to the bus station by shared taxi. The price for shared taxi was 1000 or 2000 rials. The shared taxis to bus staion are going from Salman-e Farsi street under the bridge crossing Shar'iati street. The taxi drivers will shout out "Serah, serah" which means they are going to Serah Khorramshahr (where the bus station is located). Also 3 fingers shown by shared taxi drivers means the destination is Serah Khorramshahr. I went to bus staion by private taxi (dar baste) and i had to pay 10 000 rials when I went from under the bridge and 15 000 when hotel reception called the taxi for me.

Car from Ahvaz to Choqa Zanbil

by js77 Written Dec 23, 2006

I asked at reception desk of Iran hotel in Ahvaz how much would cost taxi to Choqa Zanbil. It ended that one of hotel employees took me there and back by his own car for 220 000 rials. I am sure it is possible to make better deal, but then probably you should go to taxi station where there will be more drivers willing to bring you there and make heavy bargain. It took about one hour each way. On the way I saw a hyene who crossed the road just in front of our car.

TAXI:

TAXI:
    Like in Tehran, the telephone taxi is the best and the most effective means of going around in the town.

AIR AGENT:

AIR AGENT:
    Asseman Air 446061-2. Iran Air Office, north side of Passdaran Blvd, west of the airport road 442094-5. Mo'ayyed 222242

Instant Answers: Ahvaz

Comments

Ahvaz Transportation

Reviews and photos of Ahvaz transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ahvaz sightseeing.