Haft Tappeh Travel Guide

• Haft Tappeh
    by coceng

Haft Tappeh Transportation

by coceng Written Jun 5, 2006

I hired a taxi to reach Haft Tappeh from Ahvaz, which also took me to Chogha Zanbil & ended in Shush.
    Cost me USD 20.
    Travellers could easily hire a taxi from Shush, which would be nearer to Haft Tappeh than hiring a taxi from Ahvaz.
    In my case, what happened was I arrived in Ahvaz by the night bus from Shiraz.
    Arrived in Ahvaz at about 7 am, instead of going straight to Shush, I hired a taxi from Ahvaz to Chogha Zanbil, Haft Tappeh & would end in Shush.
    Chogha Zanbil & Haft Tappeh are almost on the way to reach Shush.
    At least when I was in Shush, I didn't have to go out again but instead exploring Shush which is an ancient city in itself.

Haft Tappeh Tourist Traps

by coceng Updated Jun 5, 2006

To most travellers, Haft Tappeh itself is a tourist trap !
    The site is not well-preserved at all, just some mounds of where the ancient site would be.
    For me I still wanted to reach here simply because I would like to see the countryside this side of Iran. I saw cornfields & some factories though.
    I still captured them through my camera but not to many of you, I suppose.

Unique Suggestions: You can skip Haft Tappeh if you want.

Fun Alternatives: There's a museum here if you are interested. I didn't go in because the sun was hot even at 12 pm; I just couldn't wait to reach Shush where I could take shower & lie down on a soft bed.

Haft Tappeh Favorites

by coceng Written Jun 5, 2006

Fondest memory: We can go up the mounds if we want. No entrance fees whatsoever.
    Just be careful as there are holes here & there.
    Also, there would be some workers doing some works there & they might not like you climbing up the mounds as it would probably interupting their work.
    Better ask permission first.

Instant Answers: Haft Tappeh

Comments

Haft Tappeh Travel Guide
Map of Haft Tappeh