Kharanaq Transportation

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

by taxi or bus...

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 18, 2008

ols man returning from the fields

Getting to Kharanaq is fairly simple if you come from Yazd, as the Silk Road hotel there can organize you a cheap car and driver to take you to their sister-guesthouse. I think that there are some buses, too - stopping in the new town - which is not a problem since Kharanaq is not really a big place.

One of the advantages of getting there by car is that you can stop on the way at the towers of silence outside Yazd, and ten be brought to Kharanaq directly, without too much hassle. We paid about 15 dollars to get there, with a 1 hour stop of the towers. The total journey time, without stopping, is about 1 hour.

Once in Kharanaq you'll see local old people preferring a donkey as a form of transportation, while the younger generation prefers (surpise, surprise) fancy motorbikes.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Tour from Yazd

by MalenaN Written Sep 13, 2006

Kharanaq old village

A popular day tour from Yazd is to visit Kharanaq, Meybod, Ardakan and Chak Chak. I asked for it at Silk Road Hotel and they arranged for the driver and guide Hassan to come the next morning. The tour was IR 350 000 (July 2006), so it is good if you can find someone else at the hotel to share the price with.
    We first went to the village Kharanaq and after to Meybod. I asked for Ardakan, but Hassan wondered what I wanted to see there, as there was nothing to see. We went there (as it is very close to Meybod), but the bazaar was closed and people were going to Friday prayer at the mosque. The last stop was Chak Chak. We didn’t stay to have lunch, but only ate snacks. But I’m sure if you want to stay for lunch somewhere it is okay. Bring a lot of water as it is very hot. It was 46 degrees C the day I went on this tour.

Instant Answers: Kharanaq

Comments

Kharanaq Transportation

Reviews and photos of Kharanaq transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kharanaq sightseeing.