Yazd Restaurants

Get your teeth around these puppies!
    by Orchid

Most Recent Restaurants in Yazd

• Orchid's Profile Photo

Camel Burger: Snack on the ship of the Desert

by Orchid Written Apr 8, 2013
    Get your teeth around these puppies!

The Camel burger shop is a short walk north on Imam Khomeini Street from the street which leads to the Jameh Mosque. On the right hand side of the road, as you walk north.

We were led there by a chap called waiting by the road with his bicycle.

The shop isn't much to look at. Laminex tables, vinyl covered chairs and tiled walls.

Favorite Dish: You cave come here for the camel burger. It is OK.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Malek-o Tojjar restaurant: a traditional teahouse/restaurant

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 4, 2011

dizi

We had a lunch at theMalek 0 Tojjar restaurant and teahouse, located in an old home about 200 years old. The teahouse, with a little fountain in the courtyard, is truly delightful, while the adjoining restaurant is less charming - possibly because it's quite large and crowded. Food, however, was OK.

Favorite Dish: We each tried a different dish, but the most popular one happaned to be dizi... everyone ordered it. Dizi is a sort of soup/stew made from lamb, chickpeas and dried limes served in a black bowl (see photo). It is served with another smaller bown, empty - which we set aside. Only later we discovered the right way to eat dizi.

One should first drain the broth into the smaller bowl, and then drink it straight away - only secondly one should go for the remaining meat and vegetables - which need to be pounded into a paste and eaten with bread. Stupid tourists we were - but the taste was still good enough.

• omidamini's Profile Photo

RESTAURANTS:

by omidamini Updated Aug 10, 2010

RESTAURANTS:
    1. Atena (marked in English), on the south side of Farrokhi Street.
    2. Daneshju, Bahunar Square
    3. Donya-ye Ghaza, Daneshju Blvd
    4. Fatemi, in Jomhuri Eslami Blvd.
    5. Naqsh-e Jahan, Mosaic Sazi Crossroads
    6. Ordibehesht, Ayatollah Kashani Street
    7. Talar-e Yazd, Darvazeh Koran
    8. Tehrani, Jomhuri Eslami Blvd
    In all of these restaurants good chelo kabob and other old favorites are served at cheap prices, which deserve taking a taxi.

• Mozafar Traditional Hotel & Restaurant: The Best Restaurant I've ever been to .

by Mozafarhotel Written Jul 9, 2010
    Mozafar Traditional Hotel & Restaurant

Mozafar Traditional Restaurant provide all kind of Traditional and International dishes round the clock .

Hotel coffee shop provides you with all kinds of cold and hot drinks . its drinks are carefully made to give our customers a smooth, flavorful taste sensation. Each drink is served with pride and care using only the highest quality ingredients, resulting in rich, indulgent flavors you're sure to enjoy. it is your late night place .

Favorite Dish: kebabs

Pizza

Traditional dishes ( shooli , ghorme sabzi , gheime yazdi and ....)

• iwys's Profile Photo

Yazd Hammam Restaurant: The best restaurant in Yazd

by iwys Updated Feb 6, 2009

Yazd Hammam Restaurant

Set in an old bath house, this tradtional Iranian restaurant is probably the best in Yazd. It has a domed ceiling and there is a small pool and fountain inside

It has a relaxed atmosphere and our small group sat around a long table and had a good time.

Favorite Dish: Try Yazd Soup, made with spinach, lentils, white radish and fennel. The chicken fesenjan is good too.

• Architecture

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

alexander prison: coffee in the prison room

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 13, 2008

the coffee place

My very favourite place for coffee is located inside Alexander's prison, underground, in what people call the 'prison room'. it's a small place with soem tiny table and chairs, and a little stand selling tea, nescafe, ice-cream and juices... Definitely not a place for great tea or coffee, but the atmosphere is just incredible. There's also a little fountain in the centre, so maybe rather than a prison, it was a water reservoir.

Favorite Dish: None at all - but if I have to pick something, I would say the ice-cream. The coffee was really horrible and watery, the tea tasteless. But the place rocked, really.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

silk road restaurant: if you want to taste camel meat...

by call_me_rhia Written Apr 13, 2008

chicken saffron and rice

What a wonderful restaurant... we stayed in yazd at the beginning of our trip, and we thought that this restaurant was really good. Thinking back now I can safely say that it was the best restaurant we found in Iran - where food is admittedly good but tends to be repetitive... kebabs, kebabs, kebabs... In this restaurant, on the menu, there was no kebab, which had me fearing I was not going to have any at all... how wrong I was.

Favorite Dish: There were many interesting dishes, including even a rarity: stewed aubergines - garlic flavoured and delicious. We tried several dishes, including camel stew (very delicious and tender), saffron chiken (delicious) and a fesenjun out of this world. Fesenjun is actually a sauce that accompanies stewed meats, made with pomegranade juice, nuts, cardamom and aubergines... What else? Even side-dishes like rice were the best we've had...

• hydronetta's Profile Photo

Silk Road Hotel Restaurant: Local food

by hydronetta Written Aug 31, 2006

It was recommended in our guidebook and while we also stayed there, it was no question why we had most of our meals there. They served Persian, Indian food plus some European dishes in a special dining area overlooking the beautiful courtyard with the fountain. Prices reasonable.
    I tried “fesenjun” which is a sauce of pomegranate juice, walnuts, eggplant and cardamom served over roast chicken and served with rice. It’s considered a Persian classic but I can’t say it beats the delicious kebabs.
    Though mentioned the rooftop was not functioning. Certainly if you don’t come here to dine, it is advisable to rest at the benches around the courtyard after a long sightseeing day having a cup of tea and qalyan. It’s also a perfect place for socializing as many locals or other fellow travellers come here as well.

• iwys's Profile Photo

Yazd Bakery: Hot Naan

by iwys Updated Nov 29, 2004

Yazd Bakery

Yazd is a wheat-growing province, and the bread in Yazd was some of the best I've ever tasted.

The Persian word for bread is naan.They usually sell the hot naan loaves by the dozen. I just wanted one, so the baker gave it to me for free, and waved my offer of payment away.

Favorite Dish: Hot naan!

• omidamini's Profile Photo

Talaar: Local

by omidamini Written Aug 10, 2010

Talaar restaurant is one of the best restaurant in Yazd, Delicious food, clean with nice place. In this place you can served Iranian foods.

Instant Answers: Yazd

Comments

Yazd Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Yazd restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yazd sightseeing.