Yazd Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Yazd

• BoraArasan's Profile Photo

Silence Towers

by BoraArasan Written May 19, 2012

Silence Towers are out of the city. And just taxis is what you can get.

if you use night bus to Yazd please directly go to the Silence Towers because of sun.

Taxi price to Silence Towers, Atashkadah (temple) and Amir Chachmack Square is 170000 UR (appr. 10 $)

• BoraArasan's Profile Photo

Where is train station?

by BoraArasan Written May 19, 2012

Some surprises are making shocked. This is the one of them. Yazd train station is not at the place that Lonely Planet Guides show anymore. Close to centrum (it means far from the bus terminal actually) You can only use taxi .Don 't worry 3000 Tomans

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Bus from Shiraz to Yazd (O/N)

by Sambawalk Written Jul 20, 2008

Yard bus terminal

To save time, I took overnight bus from Shiraz to Yazd. The journey was 7 hours, departing 9pm and arrived at 4am in Yazd, Oh my God! 4am. I took volvo bus, costing IR55,000 (May 2008). The seating was alright, but I could not really sleep and the driver kept playing loud music to keep himself awake.

As I arrived at 4am and no point to search for hotel at that hour, I chose to sleep on the bench inside the bus terminal for 2.5 hours. It was safe as long as you keep the valuable under your head or hold them tight. I found it is a good strategy to sleep in bus terminal to wait for dawn if your bus arrives in wee hours. Just sleep till 6:30am /7am before you move to hunt for hotel. Be sure bring along a thin blanket, as I did. It was cold.

From Anvari hotel in Shiraz bus terminal IR5,000 (May 2008). In Yard, I took taxi from bus terminal to Silk Road Hotel and paid IR10,000, despite the taxi driver asked for IR20,000. From Silk Road Hotel, it provides free transfer to bus terminal, otherwise I think IR10,000 is reasonable.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Iranair

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 13, 2008

We flew from Tehran to Yazd by Iran Air - a 70 minutes flight on a very modern and comfortable Fokker 100 plane. We bought our ticket in Italy, and it costed about 30 euros, including delivery. This route is served 3 times a day. As far as I know it's the only route out of yazd by Iran Air. Iran Aseman Airlines serves the same route while Iran Air Tours also flies twice a week to Mashhad.

Other transportation facilities include buses to Tehran (10 hours), Esfahan (5 hours), Kerman (6 hours), Bam (9 hours), and Shiraz (7 hours) - as well trains to Tehran via Kashan and Qom (overnight) and to Bandar-e Abbas (9-10 hours). We took a taxi from Yazd to Esfahan, and the scenery was very deserted and barren, a bit repetitive in the long run. Considering the cheap flights, it would make more sense to fly from Tehran, rather than bus it all the way through.

Walking

by js77 Written Dec 27, 2006

Walk as much as you can! I made a walk to Ateshkadeh. It was not that near my hotel (Silk Road hotel), but I don't regret the time I spent. It was interesting to see the small shops, people talking or running dressed in traditional Asian clothing. It was a pleasant walk.

Bus from Yazd to Esfahan

by js77 Written Dec 27, 2006

I went from Yazd to Esfahan by old Mercedez bus. The journey took 5 hours and the cost of ticket was only 12 500 rials. The taxi ride from Yazd center to bus station cost 10 000 rials in the day (when I went for ticket) and 15 000 rials in very early morning.

Car from Shiraz to Yazd via Pasargadae

by js77 Updated Dec 27, 2006

I rented the car in Pars tourist office - http://www.key2persia.com/. I paid 60 usd for the trip. The driver was very nice man speaking average English. In Pasargadae he explained some facts about the places we visited. He even made a quick stop in Abarqu, so I was able very quickly to see few interesting places there.

From Yazd to Esfahan

by MalenaN Written Sep 15, 2006

Old town in Yazd

I bought the bus ticket for Esfahan, from Yazd, at the bus station two days before going (on the way to the Tower of Silence). The ticket was IR 24 000 (July 2006) and the bus was a comfortable, air-conditioned one.

As on many of the Iranian buses a movie was shown. From the beginning I didn’t pay attention, but after a while I realised someone spoke English and it continued to be a mixture of English and Farsi spoken. The movie was very easy to follow and was about an American man falling in love with an Iranian woman, and the name was something about an Iranian wedding. I wonder if it was to have a good view of the movie the driver had told me to have another seat than on my ticket. At least he glanced at me a few times when there were funny parts as to see if I enjoyed it.

The journey to Esfahan took about 4,5 hours and the bus stopped at Jey Bus Terminal east of the city. From the bus terminal to Aria Hotel the taxi was IR 15 000. In Yazd the taxi from Silk Road Hotel to the bus terminal was IR 10 000.

Day trip

by MalenaN Updated Sep 13, 2006

Below the Tower of Silence

A popular day tour from Yazd is to visit Kharanaq, Meybod, Ardakan and Chak Chak. I asked for it at Silk Road Hotel and they arranged for the driver and guide Hassan to come the next morning. The tour was IR 350 000 (July 2006), so it is good if you can find someone else at the hotel to share the price with.
    We first went to the village Kharanaq and after to Meybod. I asked for Ardakan, but Hassan wondered what I wanted to see there, as there was nothing to see. We went there (as it is very close to Meybod), but the bazaar was closed and people were going to Friday prayer at the mosque. The last stop was Chak Chak. We didn’t stay to have lunch, but only ate snacks. But I’m sure if you want to stay for lunch somewhere it is okay. Bring a lot of water as it is very hot. It was 46 degrees C the day I went on this tour.

"Save a day"

by MalenaN Written Sep 9, 2006

In the old town, Yazd

In Yazd I met some people who had taken a tour from Shiraz in the morning and during the day visited the four sites; Persepolis, Naqsh-e Rostam, Naqsh-e Rajab and PAsargadae. And after they drove on to Yazd. The price was IR 500 000 (July 2006), and I heard it was the same going the other way round.

Seeing the sites along the way between Yazd and Shiraz, instead of making a daytrip from Shiraz and another day take a bus between the cities, will save you a day.

I visited the four sites on a tour from Shiraz and for that I paid IR 350 000 (July 2006).

To Yazd from Shiraz

by MalenaN Written Sep 9, 2006

Along the way between Shiraz and Yazd

I booked my bus ticket for Yazd via Pars Tourist Agency, which was very easy and it didn’t cost any extra. I took the morning bus, which leaves at 7.30 from Carandish Bus Terminal. It was an old Merzedes bus without air-condition (the 2pm bus is a better bus) the price was IR 18 000 (July 2006). Unfortunately I got a seat on the sunny side and not close to a window that could be opened. It was a very hot journey! During the seven hours the trip took the bus stopped only once for passengers to go out and buy things and visit the bathroom.
    A taxi from the bus terminal in Yazd to Silk Road Hotel was IR 10 000.

TAXI:

TAXI:
    Taxis are available into town from the bus terminal or train station at a reasonable charge of 1000 Rials for a single passenger Most rides in town are a flat 100 Rials, or even less. You can charter a taxi for a standard fare of 3000 Rials per hour

BUS TERMINAL:

BUS TERMINAL:
    The cooperative bus company offices in Yazd Terminal (49400) are all in the vicinity of the train station. Usually no more than half of them are open at anyone time. You can get buses to actually all major towns.
    I. Cooperative No I 47500,28555.

AIR AGENT:

AIR AGENT:
    1. Iran Air, Motahari Ave 28030,28379. 2. Kavir 661056
    3. Saghat 46060
    4. YazdSeyr 25116
    5 Sa'adat Seyr, Imamzadeh Ja'far Blvd 666559
    6 Rah Yab, Ayatollah Kashani St 48748
    7 Rahgosha, Dr Paknejad Blvd 26930 AIRPORT:
    There is no airport bus service, but you can take a taxi into town for 5000 Rials, 41140. To get from Yazd to the airport, book a telephone taxi through your hotel.

RAILWAY STATION:

by omidamini Written Jul 25, 2005

RAILWAY STATION: Information 48551. There are three express trains a week from Yazd to Kerman (5 hours 15 minutes), and to Tehran via Kashan ( 12 hours 20 minutes).

Instant Answers: Yazd

Comments

Yazd Transportation

Reviews and photos of Yazd transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Yazd sightseeing.