Tehran Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Tehran

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Fardis Restaurant: European dining

by TheWanderingCamel Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a quiet, elegant restaurant, a favourite with Tehranis (who call it the "Swiss" restaurant) when they want to splash out. The menu of classic European dishes, good steaks and seafood makes a change from kebabs and rice. Service is efficient and discreet.
    If you are looking for somewhere to take your Iranian friends, this is an option worth considering

Favorite Dish: Whilst there are some expensive dishes on the menu -mostly seafood, a good steak and salad here will cost about $4-5.
    Very good fruit juices and desserts are a feature.

• Zeyni's Profile Photo

Boof Restaurant: Fast Food chain

by Zeyni Updated Apr 4, 2011

Boof is a chain restaurant in iran with many branches in different cities..it's not the best but the food is OK! you can have complete information about the restaurant at it's site. http://boof.cc

Favorite Dish: chicken and meat steak is good. The pizza is not bad. The food overall is fine.

Nayeb: Local Food

by omidamini Written Aug 10, 2010

Nayeb is one of the famous restaurant in Tehran, the first restaurant open 50 years ago and now it have seven branches.
    In Nayeb serve Iranian food and first branch located in Bazaar and one of them is in Vozara St.

Favorite Dish: Barg ( it made with meat ) چلوکباب برگ ممتاز
    Jooje ( chicken ) جوجه‌کباب
    Fiele ( very delicious meat for cow and sheep ) فیله‌
    Shishlik ( made with meat ) شیشلیک‌
    Zeresh polo زرشک‌پلو
    Mahi ( fish ) ماهی‌

Shater Abbas

by omidamini Written Aug 10, 2010

Shater Abbas open in 28 years ago. Bread make in inside restaurant and it is hot and very delicious. in Iranian language Nane Dagh kababe dagh ( Hot beard hot kabab ).
    Shater Abbas restaurant have only Iranian food.I prefer you Special Shater Kabab, Jooje ( chicken).

Favorite Dish: Special Shater kabab چلو کباب برگ ویژه(بزرگ)مخصوص شاطر

38. Nayeb (the first and oldest chelo kababi in Iran), with the following
    three branches: Aban Branch, No 9, Karim Khan-e land Ave, South
    Aban Strcet 8899143,894643 2. Sa'adat Abad Branch, Sa'dat Abad Ave, Kaj
    Square, Abrisham Shopping Center 2078463, 2063652. 3. Vali Asr Branch,
    Vali Asr Ave, south ofSa'ei Park 8715029, 8713474.
    39. Negah, No 95, Mir Damad Ave
    40 Niavaran, No 180, Shahid Dr Bahunar Street (Niavaran)
    . Papa, Darband Street
    56. Yass, Niavaran, Aqdassieh
    57. Za'faranieh, Vali Asr Ave, Za'faranieh

Popular information: Best Iranian Food

by omidamini Updated Aug 9, 2010

Food is important for you or no ? Make good and delicious food is a art, Iran's women are very good cookery.
    Some foods are popular and some of them are special and made in a part of my country. for example every cities you can find Cholo kabab, Jooje kabab, Ghorme Sabzi and .... .but for example only in Azarbayejan you can find Ashe doogh, or in east of Iran people like Shirin Polo from another place.
    In Tehran you can find restaurants in every place. if you go for shopping in Bazaar don't worry you can eat very delicious food and it is cheaper than another place.
    In north of Tehran food's price more expensive than another place. fast food don't serve in restaurant. but i don't like fast food and i prefer eat my wife pizza.

• siroos's Profile Photo

Alef Restaurant: Alef Resto , Italian-American Restaurant

by siroos Written Nov 4, 2009

‏ WELCOME TO "ALEF"

‏COME IN AND ENJOY YOUR "ALEF" EXPERIENCE.

‏OUR GOAL IS TO CREATE A RELAXED, FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT

‏WHILE YOU DINE ON OUR AMERICAN/ITALIAN CUISINE, MASTERFULLY,

‏CREATED BY OUR RENOWNED EXECUTIVE CHEF "LOUIGI".

‏AFTER 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN SOME OF THE MOST FAMOUS

‏RESTAURANTS IN AMERICA "LOUIGI" HAS JOINED OUR TEAM TO

‏CREATE THE "ALEF" EXPERIENCE.

‏MUSIC IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF "ALEF".

‏YOU WILL ENJOY A VARIETY OF MEMORABLE MUSIC.

‏WE WILL HAVE "MUSICAL THEME" NIGHTS THAT IS A TREAT ON ITS

‏OWN.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Sofre Khane Sonnati Sangalag: Traditional style eatery

by suvanki Updated Oct 29, 2009

Sofre Khane Sonnati Sangalag

After a busy morning and early afternoons sightseeing, I was very pleased when my guide said we were off to eat.

We drove to Park -e-Shahr, which we'd passed by earlier.
    In this park is this traditional tea-house/ restaurant.
    Outside was a covered stall, with the smell of charcoal emanating from a small fire, next to a samovar.

Entering the restaurant, there was a choice of sitting on chairs at a table, or on the carpet covered raised platforms lining the walls. My guide and driver headed for the former option.

My guide than ran through the menu, which was going to be a familiar mantra during my trip- kebabs - chicken, lamb, minced lamb, chicken and lamb, sheep's neck, sheep's muscle ! (I heard this mentioned a few times, but never found out exactly what it was!)

I opted for the chicken/lamb combo, which arrived on a platter, on a mound of rice.
    Yogurt with garlic/ shallot and to drink - Dugh - Yogurt and water flavoured with a herb, which I thought was dill, but my guide said it was mint. Similar to Turkish ayran or Indian lassi (Apparently it is a no- no to drink dugh with fish)

So this was my first of many chelo kebabs, my first encounter with Iranian cutlery - spoon and fork - no knife (although my guide requested one from the waiter for me), then following the meal came tea (cay).

The Iranian way is to place a lump of sugar (ghand) behind the front teeth and suck the tea
    (Prior to my trip, I had come across a 'packing list' for Iran, which mentioned a tea spoon- it had puzzled me at the time - why would I need to pack a teaspoon? now I knew!)

During our meal, we'd been joined by my guides mother, she spoke quite a bit of English. Apparently in Iran, after 30 years of working, you can retire - she'd been a teacher, but after retiring, had started work in tourism, as had her husband.

I was surprised to realise that this year, I had been working 30 years exactly, so I'd have been eligable for retirement!!!!

This was a pleasant place to eat, with a nice atmosphere. Some days musicians play here, I think if we had arrived earlier, we'd have heard them.

Open 09.00 - 23.00

Favorite Dish: Chicken and lamb kebab - it was my first in Iran - so still a novelty- didn't realise how, after nearly 3 weeks I would come to dread the menu being read out, listing the 'varieties' of skewered grilled meats with rice!

Just before my visit, there had been a few news items about the increasing costs of rice, and how people were having to restrict their consumption of the white grain. Don't think this had filtered through to Iran judging through the mounds that were set before me!

• DAO's Profile Photo

NASIM SHOMAL (NORTH WIND): A GREAT FAMILY RESTAURANT

by DAO Updated Jun 30, 2009

Nasim means ‘wind’ and Shomal means ‘North’ and the place means good food. This is a family run restaurant and I was treated with the utmost hospitality. My food was cooked from fresh ingredients and they kept coming back to my table to see if I needed anything. The food was fantastic. Then I got the bill and could not believe how little they had charged me. You can also smoke Sheesha here. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone on a budget who still wants to enjoy good food.

You can smoke sheesha here if you want. It is on the far side of the restaurant and will not bother non-smokers (like me).

Enjoy!

• Study Abroad

• Sofre Khane Sonnati Sangalag: Stay far from this restaurant !!

by zentrifugal Updated Jun 2, 2009

This restaurant is recommended from the lonely planet guide and, in fact, it was full of tourists.
    As the guide promised, the location is really an oasis of calm within the hell of noise of Tehran.
    Unfortunately the food was horrible, we had a lamb and a chicken kebab. But we were able to eat only the chicken as the lamb smelled awful, probably it was rotten.
    At the end we asked for a cup of tea and the bill (quite expensive for iran)
    We payed, but before leaving the waiter came back asking for more money without any explanation.

I would definitely not suggest to go back there, probably the worst place we have been in Iran.

Favorite Dish: None

• iwys's Profile Photo

Ali Ghapoo Restaurant: Live music, hubbly-bubbly and fun!

by iwys Updated Jan 12, 2009

When I was there in March, 2001, this was the happening place to eat in Tehran: the only restaurant with live bands playing every night.

Performances by tradtional folk musicians from various regions of the country.

Crowded with couples, families and tourists, this place rocks at night.

Favorite Dish: Good chelo and fesenjan.

• Zeyni's Profile Photo

Koohpaye: Which Restaurant to go in darband

by Zeyni Written Sep 12, 2008

If you visit tehran you will probably go to darband. There are many restaurants to choose from in darband. I have tried a lot of them and I think the Koohpaye Restaurant has the best food. The Staff and the service are also very good. But one problem is if you go on thursday night or friday the restaurant is probably full. if so you can go to behesht restaurant which is just opposite Kohpaye and that restaurant also has fine food.

Favorite Dish: This restaurant has all kind of kebab and fish and etc. I've tried Jooje kebab and bakhtiary and both of them were very delicious. YUmmmm.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Ferdossi Hotel traditional restaurant: a beautiful place...

by call_me_rhia Written Apr 12, 2008

fountain at the entrance

Located on the ground floor of the Ferdossi grand Hotel, there's a cosy little saloon that serves as a traditional restaurant... nicely decorated and with a lovely fountain right at its entrance.

Favorite Dish: We did not have any meals there - though the menu looked interesting. The restaurant was quite empty, as we were there during norooz, where hardly anyone stays in Tehran. We onlt had tea and a sweet, and we were really happy with it.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Homa Hotel restaurant: not really impressed

by call_me_rhia Written Apr 6, 2008

my sturgeon kebab

On our last day in Tehran we wanted to have a memorable lunch and went looking for a nice restaurant near Valiasr avenue, in the side-streets... we ended up finding none, though there were plenty, as we discovered later. Basically we were looking in the wrong area of Valiasr avenue. Anyway, since we were getting nowhere, we decided to head to the 5 star Homa hotel and have lunch at its restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The menu looked very promising and for the first time in our trip we saw that we could have caviar and spinach - not necesarily together. They had run out of both. We tried ordering some other food, they had run out of almost everything... At the end I settled for a sturgeon kebab, which was very good, and a simple tomato salad, which proved to be a hard task to get. First I got a green salad, and then when I told the waiter that I had ordered a tomato salad, he came back with a plate of chips, which left me speechless. Not quite a 5 stars service, I guess.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

goghrous restaurant: a decent pizza

by call_me_rhia Written Apr 6, 2008

pizzaaaa

For our last meal we wanted something simple... a grilled chicken. We wandered around our hotel until we reached Ferdosi square, where there are some sort of fast food selling grilled chicken, burgers and pizzas. All places seemed clean enough and inviting. We picked Goghrous because if had a free table.

Favorite Dish: As the grilled chicken was not yet ready, we had a pizza tp share while we were waiting for it to be done. To our amazament the pizza was quite ok, especially for a fast-food pizza. Above all it was topped with real tomato sauce and no ketchup. We also had the grilled chicken and some salad, which were good, too - though maybe not memorable.

Instant Answers: Tehran

Comments

Tehran Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tehran restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tehran sightseeing.