Mosul Travel Guide

by fabrice

Mosul Things to Do

• Paul_'s Profile Photo

by Paul_ Written Jun 30, 2005

The thing that makes this special is that there is such a beautiful place in the middle of a War Zone. If at any point they open up Iraq for civilian travel I would strongly recommend that you go there. This building has been thru a lot and still gives you a feeling of joy when you enter it. You can see where it's been hit by a Rocket, it caused one of the walls to buckle, and the roof of part of the building to fall in. Yet it is still the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Mosul Nightlife

• RobertNieto1's Profile Photo

by RobertNieto1 Written Oct 11, 2006

No night life, I spent 32 months in Mosul, Iraq. This was not one of my favorite vacation spots in the world. I met a bunch of people who I worked with and who I will never forget. Wait we did have somewhat of a night-life. Wed. night was our Texas Holdem' night until the Army raided us, and 5 friends got fired. But they did have a movie theater on post which I never made it too, because once you work all day in the heat and dust you just wanted to get to bed, and of course you can not forget the night motars that would drop in close by and wake you up, scrambling for cover.

Dress Code: Wear anything you want.

Instant Answers: Mosul

Comments

Mosul Travel Guide
Map of Mosul