Know about this? Rate It!
St. John Chapel
The little St. John Chapel near Stella Maris. In Stella Maris you'll find a little church with some local archeological finds. Across the street from the church, you have fields stretching down the slope of the Carmel mountain. This is a great place to take a stroll or just sit and watch the Mediterranean. The little chapel is right there. If you take the little path down the mountain, you'll reach Elija's Cave, where the prophet Elija supposedly has stayed. This prophet, Elija is related to other places in the area. If you'll go the other end of the Carmel, the eastern side, you'll find another little church overlooking the valley stretching from the Carmel eastwards to the Jordan river. This place, known by its Arabic name Muchraka, is where Elija challenged the 400 false prophets. If you have the time you should go there, visit the nearby Druze villages Dalit El Carmel and Usfia and climb to the church roof to have a look at the valley. When looking to the east, you can easily see the city of Nazareth, located on a hill just north to the valley.
Stela Maris church and monastery
An Impresive church , belong to the Karmelite order. One minute walk to Stela Maris outlook and Haifa's cable car.
Open daily 8:30-13:30 15:00-18:00
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Haifa Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path