The Hejazi Railway was constructed by the Ottomans to connect Istanbul, via Damascus, to Mecca. An important branch ran from the port of Haifa in Israel (under Ottoman rule in those days) to Damscus in Syria. It was built in 1905, and was later called "The Valley Train" by the Jewish population, as it served all the Jewish villages in the Jezreel Valley.
In 1936 the land of Israel was already under British mandate, and the authorities agreed to make a stop in the Jewish village of Alroy, in today's Kiryat Haroshet.
The trains stopped running along this line in 1952, and the historic railway station fell to disrepair. In 1997 the small village station was restored and is now a conserved historic site.
It's a pretty spot, with the Carmel ridge at the background, beyond the fertile valley. A few old train wagons were brought to the conserved part of the tracks, with a miniature museum inside one of them. Kids love to climb the wagons and run along the railway tracks. The old-time atmosphere is nicely recreated.