The Church of All Nations is at the foot of Mount of Olives. Its real name is "The Basilica of the Agony", but since the completion of the church's construction in 1924 was done through donations collected from all around the catholic world, the name "Church of All Nations" became the name mostly used.
In this place, according to the Christian tradition, Christ prayed his last prayer, before he was turned over to the Romans by Judah.
The Church of All Nations (also known as the Basilica of Agony) is so named because its construction in 1924 was financed by twelve different countries. The church is built over 2 others, the Egenia dating from around 380, and a crusader basilica of around 1170. The Church is also notable for its Byzantine mosaic floor and the striking mosaic arches above the entrance.
The interior of the church is built over the traditional place where Jesus prayed on the night of his betrayal.
Here there are eight Olive trees held by tradition to be the silent witnesses of Jesus prayer and suffering the evening before his crucification.
The church has a long history dating from the Byzantine era, the crusades, and finally a modern church.