Sherut (mini van), Jerusalem

Know about this? Rate It!

• Sherut (mini van)
    by xaver
  • gilabrand's Profile Photo

On Eagles' Wings

by gilabrand Updated Jun 20, 2013

A convenient and inexpensive way to get to Ben Gurion Airport from Jerusalem is to go by Nesher Taxi (nesher = eagle). This is a shared taxi (usually a van, with place for luggage) that you order by phone about half a day in advance. You tell the dispatcher when your flight is and he tells you what time to be ready for pick-up. The cost is 64 shekels per person (around $16). There is no extra charge for baggage and no need to tip the driver.

The phone number of the Jerusalem office is 02-6257227 (you only need the "02" area code if you are dialing from outside Jerusalem).

• Religious Travel

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

To Jerusalem from Ben Gurion Airport by Nesher

by Ekaterinburg Updated Dec 3, 2008

Jerusalem is about 50 km west of Ben Gurion airport, a journey that can take as little as 40 minutes or much, much longer. I chose to travel by Nesher/Sherut, the private mini-van service that leaves from right outside arrivals. This is a very user-friendly option as you just have to step outside the terminal building and you're immediately ushered to a van. It's also very reasonably priced considering it's a door-to-door service and you will be dropped off at your accommodation in Jerusalem. These are the advantages but of course there are disadvantages as well. The first of these is time. If you're in a hurry then this is not the wisest choice. The vans take about 10 passengers so you must wait until it's filled with people travelling in approximately the same direction. Once you get to Jerusalem there's an awful lot of driving round in circles dropping people off. All this is fine if you're in relaxed mode and enjoying the scenery but if you need to be somewhere by a certain time, it's irritating in the extreme. Also, make absolutely sure your driver knows your ACTUAL destination. In my case there was a misunderstanding and I was asked to get out and take a taxi. In fairness to the driver, once I refused he was prepared to drive me to my destination but it was a pretty frustrating situation for both of us. Another VT member travelling to WorldMeet2008 had the same problem and did end up having to take a taxi, so you have been warned.

In the guide books it says that this service should be booked 24 hours in advance but my experience was that you walk out and there are vans lined up waiting for passengers.

The price in September 2008 was NIS 50 which works out at approximately EUR 10.

On the road to Jerusalem at last

• Goner's Profile Photo

Take a Sherut

by Goner Updated Dec 24, 2003

I went outside the airport to find a ride to the Jaffa Gate and found many sheruts (mini vans) lined up and the drivers were rushing people into the available seats, they were in a hurry, this was late Friday afternoon and they had to be home by sundown to honor Shabbat -- their sabbath.

Everything shuts down at sundown on Fridays, so if you arrive on Friday, make sure you leave for Jerusalem and arrive before Shabbat.

Ruins of the Old Temple

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Sherut Taxi

by Sharon Written Jan 15, 2005

The sherut taxi is a van that normally take 8 - 10 passengers and the price is the same is in the busses so that soemtimes more comfortable to do this ride from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem unless if you feel better in a big airconditioned buss.
    If you're coming to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv then you can take this Sherut (sherut means Service) Taxis from the central bus station.

• xaver's Profile Photo

Shared taxi

by xaver Written Jan 7, 2012

Sherut, the shared taxis are the most convfenient way to go from Tel Aviv airporto to Jerusalem, They are just outside the airport, if you do not see them follow the direction"to Jerusalem", they are minivan and they leave you just in the place where you have to go: hotel bus stop or whatever. The price is about 70 NIS per person (about 15 euro).

minivan

• Nesher from Jerusalem to the airport

by xhudi123 Updated Jul 17, 2011

Hi,
    I just phoned nesher to change a sheroot booking I had because of a family emergency. When a family member is in critical condition in hospital you generally expect a little understanding, but I was violently shouted at and then told to 'F**K OFF'

I recommend everyone avoids NESHER as this is how much they care about their customers.

There are trains to the airport from malcha station which make from a much pleasanter ride!

• Business Travel

• jacobzoethout's Profile Photo

Sheruts from Tel Aviv

by jacobzoethout Written Jun 4, 2005

Sheruts from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem depart from outside the central bus station in Tel Aviv. The other way, there are sheruts leaving to Tel Aviv from Jaffa Street, outside the new big bus station in Jerusalem. The drivers usually wait until the minivan gets full, which will not take much time as the sherut is still a very popular way of moving around in Israel.
    The trip costs about 20 NIS one-way.

Jerusalem, central bus station

• Nesher = Vulture

by jlmvisitor Written Aug 10, 2014

These guys do not know what manners mean.
    The most unfriendly and arrogant service you have ever known.
    Do not hesitate If you can avoid them .
    I tried Menashe service and I was quite pleased, but you really need to book ahead.

• Thank's

by bobford52 Written Dec 5, 2014

I would like to thank you for dropping me off at the wrong hotel I kept telling the driver I was staying at the A Little House in the Bakah Hotel on 1 Yehuda St and he drop me off at the Little House in the Colony. And had to take a long walk after a 25 hour plane trip. This happen on the December 17 2014 about 8:30 pm do I get a refund? they do not give out receipts and I do not have the drivers name. The Hotel called to complain. All I know is there was a lot of local residents and since I do not speck Hebrew and the others did. Is this how you treat tourists?
    The Hotel Manage says I was the second person in the last two day to have this problem. I will be leaving on the 16th at about 5:00 pm and believe you should pick me up for free.
    My Rabbi from Chabad recommended you and I will report back to Rabbi Gurary in Simi Valley California when I have dinner with his family on the 19th. About my trip.
    Robert Borovay
    bobford52@gmail.com
    The Little House in Bakah
    1 Yehuda St Jerusalem
    972-2-6737944 Room - Plum 4

Instant Answers: Jerusalem

• Jan 25, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I called to make a reservation for a sherut with Nesher Tours from Jerusalem to Ben Gurion airport on 26 Jan, seeing that your website advertised to English/Russian/French speakers and upon the recommendation of a friend, and I was hung up on, yelled at, and offended -- even when I explained my request in Hebrew, I was harassed in such a manner as to warrant a complaint to the Israeli Consumer Council. They cannot treat people this way.

It is false advertising and deceptive.

• leics's Profile Photo
      Jan 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM

VT is a website where travellers share advice, information and experiences.

VT does not advertise anything on its own behalf nor does it act as a travel or tour agency. Perhaps you simply clicked on an advert you saw on the VT pages, the same type of advert which appears on the pages of thousands of other websites?

I hope you have complained to the Israeli Consumer Council about Nesher Tours but I would stress that VT has no responsibility for your unfortunate experience.

Other Transportation in Jerusalem