Know about this?
Always be Aware
Jerusalem has always been a volatile city and it's best if you are always aware of your surroundings. it was a young women with an uzi across her chest as she herded a small group of school children throught he streets that reminded me there could be danger.
You don't want to be in the...
You don't want to be in the old city when it gets dark. You will get lost (especially without a map). Forget about asking the way. Some people might be helpful, but most send you the wrong way!
Also watch out you get sunburnt very easily here! I burnt my head, arms and shoulders ouch! You can see my sunburnt head on the picture ;o)
Guidebooks often warn about...
Guidebooks often warn about walking through the old city at night, and I can see why. As soon as dusk descends, it can be spooky, especially if you're a solo female traveler. The narrow paths and sundry dark alcoves and alleys are tailor-made for thieves and rogues of the night. I stayed in the old city, at the Lutheran Youth Hostel, but didn't go far alone after dark; why chance it?
of course,you will not say...
of course,you will not say that you are jewish when you have a walk in the arab part of the city,and you will not wear a kipa;always try to show that you are an innocent tourist
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Jerusalem Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Legaspi City Hotels
- Dubai Hotels
- Phuket Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- Kuala Lumpur Hotels
- La Spezia
- Pattaya Warnings and Dangers
- Dominican Republic Warnings and Dangers
- New York City Warnings and Dangers
- New Orleans Warnings and Dangers
- Cancún Warnings and Dangers
- Montego Bay Warnings and Dangers
- Detroit Warnings and Dangers
- The Bahamas Warnings and Dangers
- Boracay Island Warnings and Dangers
- Prague Warnings and Dangers
- Madrid Warnings and Dangers