Tourist Attractions in Jerusalem District

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Jerusalem District

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Bethlehem escaped from me…

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Mar 27, 2010

Unfortunately I haven’t been in Bethlehem… Though we had it in our excursion program… We have been told that since our tour was organized in Israel but Bethlehem is located in Palestine it is necessary to buy a tour from Palestinians because Israeli excursion tours aren’t allowed in Bethlehem… Pity… That’s why I could only watch Bethlehem from Ramath Rachel where we had a lunch in the Elias restaurant close to the Mar Elias Monastery. May be next time…

You can watch my 35 sec HD Video Jeusalem District Har Homa and Bethlehem from Ramat Rachel out of my Youtube channel.

You can watch my high resolution photo of Jerusalem District on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 31° 44' 3.05" N 35° 12' 35.73" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Bethlehem from Ramat Rachel.

• Grazina's Profile Photo

The Churchof the Holy Sepulchre

by Grazina Updated Jan 29, 2003

Because millions of people pilgrimages each year, they travel to the Holy Land, they want to visit every site and this place is one of them "The Church of the Holy Sepulchre", for christians is nice but when you got wall to wall christian in this little square it hard and you feel TRAPPED in. I was there in September and with all those bodies and no breeze coming in or going out it's HOT!

Unique Suggestions: I think the best time to go is closer to November to February and go with a friend that knows when it a good time to, and beat the crowd. Then you can be alone with you thoughts and meditate in this special place.

Fun Alternatives: When coming to this awesome place, your going to hear...Jesus died here or no He died over here. This building houses both the hill recalling Calvary, and the place of the tomb of the Resurrection of Jesus. There is another place they say in the Bible a wealthy man Joseph of Arimathaea (Mt. 27:57-58) The gospel writer describes the tomb area as the place kept by a gardener "The Garden Tomb" not far from the place of the Crucifixion rolling stone sealing the of the tomb. So you could go there and it's more quiet and in a garden.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

No trap, just another snow picture

by Gili_S Updated May 29, 2004

No trap, I just added here another snow picture I took from the news site. You see, snow is not very common here, well, maybe they have 2 days of snow every winter.

Jerusalem District Hotels

1 Review - 4 Photos
Nes Harim Hotels
2 Reviews - 12 Photos

Instant Answers: Jerusalem District

Comments

Jerusalem District Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Jerusalem District tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jerusalem District sightseeing.
Map of Jerusalem District