Beersheba Restaurants

by iblatt
    Entrance to Ahuzat Smilansky Restaurant
    by iblatt
  • Well presented dish,Achuzat Smilanski, Beer-Sheva
    Well presented dish,Achuzat Smilanski,...
    by Martin_S.

Best Rated Restaurants in Beersheba

Spaghettim: Spagetti, where else but Spaghettim ^o^

by Martin_S. Updated Feb 23, 2014

Spaghettim calling card, Beersheva, Israel

Not a fancy place and the prices are right, but the waiters and waitresses are friendly and helpful and the seating is comfortable and of course the food is good.
    As you can see in the second photo it is also a nice place to enjoy MULITPLE birthdays, of the 8 people there 5 (Zohara, Martin, Nissiem, Ziv and Reuven) all have birthdays within a few weeks of each other.

Favorite Dish: Seeing as how I grew up in an Italian home, I am quite "picky" about how the food should taste. Well here the different dishes that I tried did remind me of my grandmothers cooking. If you like Italian, try this place.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Roni's, Israeli Grill: Roni's (excellent service and good food)

by Martin_S. Updated Apr 4, 2011

Roni's Israeli Grill, Beer Sheva, Israel

Your typical local grill, decorated as if it was one of the streets of Jerusalem (well at least the few decorations point in that direction. It was clean and neat, but the "deco"-Jerusalem left a lot to be desired..but I did not go there to enjoy the decorations. Several friends had recommended this place as having good meals at decent prices, nothing fancy, just good food and that is enough for me. I did make the mistake of sitting in a booth, will sit in a proper chair next time....^O^

Favorite Dish: Of course I had a meat dish, what else. The grilled steak was fine and of a sufficent size that I did not go home hungry. The waiter was VERY helpful, spending much time explaining several things on the menu that we were not familiar with. A simple enjoyable meal.

Mia Kitchen and Liquer: Business Lunch at Mia

by Martin_S. Written Feb 24, 2008

Mia Kitchen and Liquer, Beer Sheva, Israel

In Beer-Sheva they have just opened a new shopping mall called "ONE Plaza" and among its dining options is the Mia Kitchen and Liquer. Very new and almost stark in its interior design, seems they like bare walls. The large windows are not very "user friendly" since they point in the direction of the highway and another shopping center, so make sure that you take a companion that you enjoy looking at because the scenery is non existant.
    But...yes there is a but here....the food was very good and at a decent price and the service was excellent.

Favorite Dish: I think the soup was outstanding here, but in general all the dishes we had were very well prepared and presented.

Inyane Ha Yine: Inyane Ha Yine, Not food but WINE

by Martin_S. Written Dec 7, 2006

Inyane Ha Yine, the owner and developer of this excellent wine store is Oded Arnedt. He not only sells you a bottle of wine, he also helps you decide what you need with his knowledge. They have a very wide range of international choices, from Israel, US, France, Portugal, New Zealand, Australia and South American, always something new to try. Also if you are visiting Israel, taking a bottle of local wine back as a gift is a nice idea.

• Wine Tasting

Brazilieo: The "sinta" at Brazilieo

by Martin_S. Updated Oct 23, 2003

At Brazilio, BeerSheva, Israel

The food, while not exceptional is okay. One of its best points is for only 99 shekel (about US$20), you can eat to your hearts content becasue it is "eat as much as you can!" You are served many different types of meat, ranging from hotdogs, tounge in marinade, chicken, with wine, and then 4-5 different cuts done on the open grill. They also have a good selection of some of the better local wines, not cheap, but not overly expensive.

Favorite Dish: One of the cuts is called "sinta", I think it and the Entrecot were the two best. You have to ask for it special if you do not like it overdone, they tend to think everyone here eats the same, welldone or charcoal. I had to ask several times to make them understand that when I say "let it come to the table by itself" I really meant it. After that is was fine.

Black Bar n' Burger: Black Bar n' Burger, black and red in spades

by Martin_S. Written Dec 23, 2007

Black Bar n' Burger, Beer-Sheva, Israel

The occassion was to celebrate our daughters being enlisted into the Israeli Army for her two year mandatory service. She asked for Black Bar....I listed Black Bar n' Burger as a "steakhouse", but they are a "burgerhouse" specializing in making hamburgers from various cuts of meat. The owner is a well known Israeli chef who has had a TV program for many years, Tzaki Bookchester and we know that the meals prepared on TV are fine, so we decided to try out his restaurant in Beer-Sheva (you can also find in Rehovot, Tel-Aviv and Glilot).
    We each had a different burger with salad or french fries on the side with an extra portion of the house bread to start with.
    The service was excellent and fast and we enjoyed the evening. Food was very reasonably priced, only slightly more than eating the junk food at McD's... the only thing that was overpriced was the cocktails that we had, they were way too expensive.
    The ambience is like the name suggests, the decoration is black with highlights of red...but with sufficient lighting that you did not feel as if you were in a "black hole", very pleasant actually, which surprised me.

Favorite Dish: My burger from Entrecote was excellent, hamburger the way I like it, just medium rare and easy on the tongue.

• iblatt's Profile Photo

Ahuzat Smilansky: Chef's restaurant in the old city of Beer-Sheba

by iblatt Written May 16, 2009

Dining in Ahuzat Smilansky

Dining in Ahuzat Smilansky was a real treat. The restaurant is located in the old quarter of Beer-Sheba, in an old house built in the Turkish period. The high ceilings, the decor and furniture give the restaurant an old-world, romantic feel.

The service is excellent, and the food is delicious, a mixture of French and Mediterranean cuisine. The menu includes various kinds of meat (beef, chicken, goose), fish, seafood and some vegetarian dishes.
    For a memorable dining experience in Beer-Sheba (which does not have a very large choice of good restaurant) go to Ahuzat Smilansky!

• Business Travel

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Revivo Swarma Bar: Revivo, food or soccer (football) ??

by Martin_S. Updated Oct 17, 2013

Revivo is a swarma bar (meat, usually lamb, but can also be chicken), cooked on a spit, cut into small pieces and then stuffed into flat (pita) bread along with salad, gravy and other spices...
    But this was special because as soon as our friend (here seen with Tal and Zohara) saw this sign she started jumping and saying "Revivo & Turkey"...I believe the reference was to an Israeli football (soccer) player who left Israel to play for Turkey...or at least I THINK SO...

Sorry, our friend has requested that we remove her photo.

Favorite Dish: Sorry but we did not actually try the food here this time, but I have in the past, it is fresh and well prepared and I often eat this type of typical Israeli "fast food".

Ringelblum: Ringelblum, great pasta dishes

by Martin_S. Updated Jul 23, 2012
    Ringelblum Restaurant, Beer-Sheva, Israel

Since the majority of the dishes are pasta, or pasta related, I would classify this restaurant as Italian..you can find several other dishes such as Salmon or Denise, two tasty fish dishes.
    The food we had was excellent, 4 people, 4 different dishes, 4 different sets of taste buds and ALL were delighted.
    But what makes this place just a little bit MORE SPECIAL is the reason it was opened in the first place. We have a friend, Sivan, whose group helped open this restaurant for a reason. The reason was to support preadults (teenagers) who have "difficulties". These difficulties may range from dropping out of school to getting into minor trouble with the police, but the restaurant employs them and helps them get back on the straight and narrow.
    We found the service to be polite and efficient in all aspects, and did I mention that the food was great also.

Favorite Dish: Calzonni
    Pizza
    Spagetti with mushrooms and hot sauce.
    Nioki

Those were the four dishes we had and each was excellent.

Achuzat Smilanski: Excellent salmon at Achuzat Smilanski

by Martin_S. Written Nov 4, 2008
    Achuzat Smilanski Restaurant, Beer-Sheva

Here they have renovated one of the older buildings in the old section of Beer-Sheva and turned it into a very roomy and comfortable dining place. They have retained the old floors with their decorative tiles and the rooms of the old home make for smaller dining areas instead of the usual "barn" style (one big room). It does make for a cozier feeling and they have actually left room between tables so you don't feel like the meat in a sandwich. Quiet music in the background lets you hold a comfortable conversation with your companion.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed a meal of Asparagus Soup, Gaspacho, Cheese Ravioli, Grilled Salmon and Fudge Cake...the Salmon was excellent.

Kamkai: Excellent Sushi at Kamkai

by Martin_S. Written Nov 12, 2008

Newly opened at this writing (11-2008), the Kamkai is a good addition to Beer-Sheva's choice of restaurants. They have designed a quiet and muted music and interior that, while pleasant, does not intrude on your eating or conversing. Also to be found are flat screen "menus" where you can search through the food offered and get a visual idea of what you are letting yourself in for (great for those, like me, who can never remember what the various names of some dishes are). If you enjoy cocktails there is also a VERY well stocked bar.

Favorite Dish: We tried several mixed dishes of both meat and Sushi to try out the various offerings and everything was delicious. I must admit that it was not the supreme best, in other words I HAVE had better, but I repeat, it was delicious and well worth a visit if you enjoy Sushi...and if you don't, they also have a variety of dishes for you.

Casa do Brasil: For now give Casa do Brasil a miss

by Martin_S. Written Jun 14, 2009
    Casa do Brasil, Beer-Sheva, Israel

The first impression as you enter the restaurant is that of total movement, the many waiters are in brownian movement all the time, hovering or juggling meat on the spits, jumping from table to table or ducking into the kitchen. The second is of utter NOISE, the sound system together with the bad accoustics made it rather unpleasant till they decided to turn the volume down a touch, then it was not too bad and you could carry on a conversation. The service itself was sporadic, at times fantastic, as soon as you emptied a bowl of sauce it was immediately replaced. At other times, like when we were asked if we would like to have out water refilled, the waiter disappeared with our caraffe and did not return, we finally had to ask for more and this happened several times, like with the sauce for the meat and the salad bowl. Also when waiting for our check they tried to "return" the wrong credit card to us and have us sign for someone else...

Favorite Dish: We were there in the very early evening and decided on the business "lunch". This is a combination that offers several simple main courses with some salads for a beginner and a dessert. We opted for the 250 gram hamburger. The beginner salads and meat filled pastry were very good. The hamburger itself was a generous portion, but the meat itself was not of an excellent quality which made it a poor hamburger. The potatoes given as a side dish were COLD and I had to return them and then they just rewarmed them, I think in a microwave, which made them "mushy". The meat cook is NOT from Brasil, I asked, I guess they still have much to learn, although they are trying hard, I HAD expected better since the other two restaurants in this chain were fantastic, especially the one in Eilat.

The Butchery: Excellent service and food at The Butchery

by Martin_S. Written Mar 11, 2014
    Butchery staff, Beer-Sheva, Israel

Sitting on the corner of Histadrut street just off Smilanski, the exterior is not imposing, but you walk up a few steps at the entrance and find yourself presented with a glass of wine before you are seated. The interior is almost pure white, the walls, drapes, tables and chairs, with touches of color here and there, a very relaxing atmosphere with the wood floors. The service we received was excellent.
    I think that I should explain about the service, it was good all around, but on one point they were especially good, that I would like to amplify on. After being served the meat cut that I had decided on it was not as tender as expected and it was also "stringy" (which I know can sometimes happen in a cut of meat so). I did not actually complain, but the waitress saw that I was cutting off pieces and putting them on the side of my plate, she asked if everything was okay. I explained about the stringiness. She apologized then left and the manager appeared a few moments later. He immediately took my plate, apologized and brought me another new portion (which was excellent). I later spoke again with the butcher and thanked them for their consideration. Too many times in other places, if you complain, they give excuses. None were given here, just good service.

Favorite Dish: In the Butchery, as the name suggests they specialize in MEAT, my favorite food. The way you order is you choose your first course and drinks from the menu and then you accompany the waiter/waitress to the meat counter where you talk to the butcher for your main meat course. You decide on the type of meat you want (and there are many) and also the quantity. The prices are by the 100 gram portion, so you can have 50 grams or 500 grams, or like me 750 grams. You choose and then the butcher will BBQ/grill the meat for you.
    One note the meat was done exactly as I asked (not the usual overcooking).
    The prices were very reasonable for this type of meal.

Arabica: Arabica's excellent service

by Martin_S. Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Arabica restaurant, BeerSheva, Israel

The decor is done in "modern", which means that the air conditioning ducts are on the walls instead of in the walls, but they ARE painted black. They did have light and enjoyable background music, not intrusive. The food was presented in a very nice manner and the protions were satisfying. The SERVICE is where we found this restaurant to be one of the best we have experienced. It was rapid, accurate and not "cloying", in other words they kept an eye on the table without hanging over you. Service with a smile and helpful also.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the 300 gram steak in the "business menu". They have 4 meals offered on the business menu, at 4 prices. Beginning at 65 NIS and running to 105 NIS. I took the 105, meal which included a cold drink, a plate of 8 sushi pieces, then the main dish of steak with some fried yams and a side dish of potatoes. After the meal had a espresso, done very well (also included in the price of course), or I could have enjoyed a glass of wine if I were not driving.... There were several other options within the menu that I chose such as the main course being fish or even sushi. All in all a very satisfying meal and we WILL visit here again.

Avazi: Business lunch at Avazi, till 6pm

by Martin_S. Written Sep 8, 2011

Avazi is what is called a "shipudiah" in Hebrew here in Israel. It began by serving meals on steel sticks braized over an open fire (not sure what you call these types of steel sticks in English). Today it is a chain of restaurants found in many parts of Israel and serves up a decent and simple meal for an acceptable price.
    The restaurants themselves are usually simple, but clean and the service, at least here in the Big Shopping Center in Beer-Sheva, was very good.

Favorite Dish: We arrived at 6PM and were offered the Business Menu as well as the regular menu even though it says on the menu that the business menu is for lunch, or till 5pm.
    We both ordered the business lunch, I a steak and Zohara two of the "shipudiem".
    First we were served 15 small plates of salads along with a "laffa", a large flat bread (which was freshly baked) and a liter of lemon juice. These salads can be a meal in themselves, that is a LOT of salad.
    When we got the meats, the steak was done as requested, although the meat was NOT the top quality, but for the price it was very good and tasty.
    The business lunch also included a cup of coffee or tea at the end of the meal, but we had no room left....

Instant Answers: Beersheba

Comments

Beersheba Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Beersheba restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Beersheba sightseeing.