Channi's Jachnun, Eilat

Carmen and Sharon at breakfast.
    by Beach_dog
  • Sharon's Profile Photo

Channi's Jachnun: Some Yemmenite food

by Sharon Updated Apr 4, 2011

a Plate of Jachnun

Channi's is a place that normally only the Local knows, its not in the center but more towards the entrance to Eilat in the beginning of the Industrial zone.
    What attracts all the Locals is the Local Yeemenite food (Jachnun, Melawach, ziva etc').
    Most people like to eat that on Saturday Mornings, its a tradition... i Love this food and it was quite okay there though im still loyal to "my" Jachnun restaurant in Tel Aviv..

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Channi's Jachnun: Sharon show us this place

by Carmela71 Updated Jul 10, 2003

Sharon and me

This is the place to have a tipical Israel breakfast.

I do not remeber the names of the things we had, but seems to come from Yemen originally.

All was delicious. and also I learned to diference bewteen grapefruit and lemon juice lol, seemend so similar colour, and writen en hebrew, was easy to confuse lol

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo

Channi's Jachnun: Breakfast Israelli style.

by Beach_dog Written Jun 8, 2003

Carmen and Sharon at breakfast.

A popular local breakfast in Israel is 'Jachnun' its dough and there are many varieties, prepared in different ways. Its served with tomato, hot chilli and egg. Quite a nice way to start the day.

Favorite Dish: I think I liked the heavy steamed dough best. Its the dish in front of Sharon in the picture.

Instant Answers: Eilat