Taxis, Eilat

Know about this? Rate It!

• Taxis
    by User101
  • graeme83's Profile Photo

Taxi to Taba Border

by graeme83 Written Mar 30, 2009

On my second journey to Taba, my preceding bus was late meaning that I had missed the bus. I got a taxi instead from the bus station which cost 35 shekels - taking about 10 minutes to get to the border.

• Eilat to Petra Taxi and transportation

by Rose_petal Updated Oct 29, 2008

Hi - Can you tell me if its ok for a single woman to travel to Petra and see the site alone without a guided tour? I have one day to see Petra.
    I plan to leave the eilat hotel using a taxi to take me to the Aqaba border where I will walk and take a taxi to Petra.

Given the Roundtrip costs including a taxis (to and from borders) and park entrance fee and do you think this would be more than $158 dollars.

The guided tours are $158 dollars per adult includng a $45 dollar entrance fee. Just seems so expensive.

I don't mind going on my own if its safe for a single woman to travel this alone.
    I would think it would be cheaper to take the taxi to the Aquaba border from Eilat and then taxi to Petra and entrance fees. plus border crossing fee?

Do you have any estimations of how much these costs. I have all the visas so no costs there.

• User101's Profile Photo

Getting there

by User101 Written Mar 5, 2004

From Tel-Aviv central bus station you can get a smooth bus ride into Eilat. On top of that at the floor level of the station you can find taxi's who are gathering a few passengers to go to Eilat. If you can join in you will find yourself in a private car (with 5 more people) and getting there faster and not a lot more pricy then then bus.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Taxis are the popular way to get around

by Sharon Updated May 28, 2003

If you haven't arrived by Car to Eilat then the best way to go around is by taxi, its not expensive and gets you very fast.
    Most people stay in the center area of eilat so you dont need a car or even a taxi, but if you do then save yourself the time of bus search and call a taxi.

• Well, I've tried only plane...

by Anunanu Updated Aug 25, 2002

Well, I've tried only plane and I liked that. But I think it isn't the best way...what ever.
    Cars, I think.
    Warning!! In Eilat they only have taxis for 5 person..[in Finland we have big taxis too so it was almost a shock to us (we had 6 persons in our group)]

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Taxi

by Gili_S Updated Sep 19, 2009

Best way to hang around is by taxi, as Eilat is so small, almost any distance is cheap.
    But there are also local buses that will take you anywhere if you have the patient to wait for them :)

• edvin_br's Profile Photo

Eilat Taxies

by edvin_br Written May 10, 2004

A cute taxi

In Eilat you will see taxies in every corner of the city, most of them are near the Mall, in city Center.
    Most of taxies you will see are Mercedes and Skoda, the prices are reasonable.

Instant Answers: Eilat

Comments

Other Transportation in Eilat