Tel Lakhish Travel Guide

Tel Lakhish Things to Do

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Lea and Patrick at Tel Lakhish, Israel 4 more images

by Martin_S. Written Nov 7, 2012

The Tel of Tel Lakhish, a truly ancient site is today in ruins, little has been done to make the site historian/tourist attractive. We took our friends Lea and Patrick (Patje) on a jeep trip of the area and stopped in at Tel Lakhish for a short visit. The only signs of "life" we found was that small spider in the photo. Anyway, one of the most ancient cities in Israel, much older than Masada, has been relegated to the backwaters of archeology.
    If you look a the websites I have attached you can see a reconstruction of what they thought the city would have looked like about 3,000 years ago. I have a very good imagination when it comes to historical sites and can often "see" the people and the village/town/city that lays in ruins at my feet. Here it was almost impossible for me.
    I have attached a few internet sites for those interested in the history.
    1) http://www.tau.ac.il/humanities/archaeology/projects/proj_past_lachish.html
    2) http://www.bibleplaces.com/lachish.htm

Anyone who is into archeology or history should visit this site as I did. But for the general tourist I would suggest taking a miss on this one, not much for you to see.

• Archeology

Instant Answers: Tel Lakhish

Comments

Tel Lakhish Travel Guide
Map of Tel Lakhish