Herzliya Restaurants

Irish Pub

by WorldMeet2008 Written Oct 4, 2007

Dublin - Irish Pub [photo by Ophiro]

From Ophiro's Page:

"We came to Dublin to celebrate my wife's birrthday and it was a great place !
    I never visited Ireland so i don't know if it is an authentic pub like the pubs in Ireland but the atmosphere was great.
    They serve many types of beer , food and more alcholoic beverages.
    The food plates are also very big.

Favorite Dish: I ordered 0.5 liter of guinness beer from the barrel and also a glass of whiskey.
    The beer cost me 24nis (5 usd)."

The Herzeliya branch: Moses

by ophiro Written Sep 30, 2007

The Herzeliya branch of moses is a very quiet one , located on the Industrial/High Tech area of Herzeliya Pituach , between other good restaurants.
    During the week you will see a lot of High Tech people eating there but during weekend and evenings there are families or couplues that want to enjoy good food and lovely atmosphere.

The food here is like in Tel Aviv and the service is good also.

Favorite Dish: I love the Hamburger and the spicy pepper souce is excellent !!!

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Black Steer, Herziliya: Generous steaks

by Martin_S. Written Jul 23, 2007

Black Steer Steakhouse, Herziliya, Israel

It was a little to crowded and noisy for my tastes, or maybe the accoustics were just horrible, and the lighting was terrible. But the company was good as Andie, Gil, Rob and Nathalie were there along with Zohara and I.

Favorite Dish: The steak was a generous portion and juicy to boot.

AGADIR: Another successful burger place

by Nathalie_B Written Jun 23, 2007

Agadir is a chain of restaurants that specializes in burgers. However, to at least justify their Moroccan name they do serve dishes that are known as part of middle eastern / north african cuisine. So if you didn't have burger in mind, order some Moroccan onion bread or traditional sigars (tiny dough wrap with meet or veggies inside).
    My burger was great. I took the smallest one, which is 160gr, and it was huge. Side dishes have to be ordered separately. I asked for a SMALL portion of french fries and what I got on the plate could feed 3 hungry men. No wonder they serve it on a separate plate.
    Everything we tasted at Agadir was good, their salads, cotlettes, and burgers are really tasty and they were accompanied by a great selection of beers.
    The place is always busy and you may find yourself waiting for a table for quite a while, unless you reserve a table in advance.
    Teh service was great and with smiles. The only thing that a bit bothered was loud music, but maybe it's because we were sitting on the bar right next to their dancing DJ, so I won't list it as a con.
    And again, the camera stayed home :(

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

ZOZOBRA: A nice place for lunch or quick dinner

by Nathalie_B Written Jun 22, 2007

Shrimp pad thai

Zozobra is not a place where you'll go to for a special day celebration or a romantic dinner. The long tables and benches of the restaurant definitely don't create intimate atmosphere, but they have their charm. The space his huge and the kitchen is right in the middle of the restaurant, so you can see how these noodles are pepared.
    Food comes to the tables in no time. Once a waiter took your order he sends it to the kitchen using a palm pal -size device, so by the time you finished discussing your main dish an appetizer will be served to you. This makes Zozobra a perfect place for a lunch break.
    Seaweed and cucumber salad with japanese seasme oil sauce was a great start. And then came pad thai with shrimps, which was absolutely delicious. Can't remember the other dish ingridients, however it made a nice picture.
    Prices are very reasonable, the presentation of dishes is very nice, service is great, kitchen is clean and you can see it from your seat, and it's a smoke free restaurant.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Koyoto: Koyoto for Japanese

by Martin_S. Updated Jan 29, 2007

Koyoto Japanese Restaurant, Herzilya, Israel

We have Nathalie and Rob to thank for taking us out to this place, their choice was excellent. The ambience is not so great, it is very crowded, and I do not wonder why, the food itself is plentiful and very good. It is always nice when you have some "elbow room", but the food is worth putting up with having the next table very close.

Favorite Dish: Rob chose the food itself since we are not familiar with the Japanese names, but we did the "sampler" route with a wide variety of dishes. We tried such things as:
    Nigire Sushi, Tamago (Japanese Eggs), Magoro (Tuna on rice), Koroadi Denis (fish), Conus Salmon with Avocado..
    All were great and the evening with friends ended all too soon.

Terassa: Lunch on the beach

by Nathalie_B Written Jan 28, 2007

Tomato salad with goat feta and grilled chicken

A nice cafe-restaurant with a Mediterranian touch, nice view on the sea from the restaurant's open terrace, great service, reasonable prices, and pretty good food. It's a nice place to have a lunch or a dinner while watching the sunset and listening to the sea waves.

Kyoto: Sushi ... of course

by Nathalie_B Updated Dec 27, 2006

Probably the best Sushi restaurant in Israel and it can easily compete with the good ones I tried in many places abroad.
    The place is always busy, so you better make reservations in advance, unless you'd like to have your food on the bar (which also gets totally packed by 8pm)
    Huge place with an open kitchen where you can spot dozen of sushi chefs creating everything you can find in the menu. Oh yeah, the menu.... you'll have to read several pages and look at many pictures before you finally make up your mind.
    Bear in mind the restaurant is quite pricey (like everything in Herzliya) but worth every penny!
    There's not much to recommend since your only choices are rolls, sushi, or sashimi in diferent shapes, colors, and combinations and everything is absolutely delicious.
    Sure there are hot dishes too, but I can't say much about those since all I care about is sushi.
    A sea weed & cucumber salad was great as an appetizer and Saporro beer helped to make the dinner perfect.
    Definitely a great experience, give it a try if you get a chance.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

MOSES: THEY SERVE DUVEL!!! :)

by Nathalie_B Written Dec 27, 2006

OK, so they do serve real, delicious American food at Moses, but most important...THEY HAVE BELGIAN DUVEL! Well, I'll stop shouting now. It's just I was so excited to find a bar that serves Duvel after spending 1,5 years on search and disappointment. Moses' bar has a great selection of beers, Whiskey, vodka,...etc. and if it's not enough you should have seen the bar tender who didn't stop experimenting with cocktails.

On a lazy Saturday night, watching too much Sopranos, hunger finally won and drove us outside to get some food. Thank god that Italian restaurant was closed, that's how we discovered Moses and its mouth-watering burgers. I didn't experience the restaurant itself since we ordered take away and had some beer while waiting for the food. But I'm sure that their dishes served on plates are even better than those that come in doggy bags. A 200gr. burger was more than big enough and their fries were really good (or was I hungry?)

White Hall: Meat, fish, and goulash soup

by Nathalie_B Updated Dec 27, 2006

They claim to be a steak house although they serve everything from salads and fish to delicious goulash soup.
    Martin_S. and his wife Zohara decided that this is the place where B-Days are celebrated and made sure that this experience will be unforgettable. Thank you very much M&Z.
    I started with a nice carpacho with rocket leaves and parmesan cheese. Be sure that I also picked in others' plates and that's how I know that the Goulash soup is so good. :)
    Since I never say no to sea food my main course was Shrimps in butter and garlic, it was really good. And again I checked plates next to me and tasted some great entrecote thin slices served in a "burning" pan.
    I did get to dessert but couldn't finish it (no wonder, I tried every piece of food that was served to 5 people), but a fresh fruit salad was pretty good to finish this eating marathon.

Now to the restaurant itself: it's a medium size place with very nice decorations, especially the tables where every cork that ever poped out of White Hall's wine bottles was put in a tray and then behind the glass which is also the table. Quite neat.
    Again, the service was good and the company even better. Nice place to have a dinner with friends.

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Odeon: It's all about the burger

by Nathalie_B Written Dec 27, 2006

Burgers is Odeon’s specialty, so this is what I tried and enjoyed it very much. The place is huge, decorated with taste and is kinda upscale and the prices are accordingly. Besides the burger that can be served in many different variations, I recommend their eggplant with ricotta cheese as an appetizer. The place has a nice bar, which I’m sure is very popular, especially in the evenings. The service was great and very professional.
    All in all, a great experience.

Derby Bar: Seafood!

by Nathalie_B Written Dec 27, 2006

Once you pick a table and make yourself comfortable, numerous dishes in tiny plates will arrive to your table along with the menu. Sea bas looked great, but I didn’t taste it since I was busy enjoying my shrimp and crab combination. It won’t show on the menu but you can ask for the shrimp and crab mix so you can try two dishes instead of one. Wow, those crabs were delicious! Besides the delicious sea food and fish Derby bar has a very impressive wine menu. I didn’t try it since I’m a beer lover, but I’m sure that everyone will be able to find a bottle of wine to his liking.

Black bar 'n' Burger: Black bar 'n' Burger

the menu

Black bar 'n' Burger is a new restaurant with the culinary advice of one of Israel's famous chefs Tzahi Bukshester.

There are 2 branches : Herzliya and Rehovot.

I went to the Herzliya branch to celebrate my birthday and it is a nice place , good music and good service.

The biggest problem is that we had to wait 30 minutes for the food but i guess it can happen.

Favorite Dish: I ordered the biggest hamburger they've got (330gr) with fried onion and french fries.

The portion of french fries was very big and good and the meat was great too !.

i also took 1/5 liter of the temple bar draft beer (a beer that was made for the irish pub next to the restaurant).

The hamburger cost me something like 44nis (with the french fries) and with the onion addon it was 54.
    the beer was 19nis.

Murphy's - Irish pub: Murphy's - Irish pub

my beer ;-)

Murphy's os an Irish pub in Herzliya's marina , in Arena mall.
    You will find here good beers and other alcoholic drinks.
    You can also eat here good food like : hamburger , french fries and more.

Favorite Dish: The Murphy's stout beer was good.

• Beer Tasting

Dublin - Great Irish pub: Dublin - Great Irish pub

My order - Dublin , Irish pub

We came to Dublin to celebrate my wife's birrthday and it was a great place !

They serve many types of beer , food and more alcholoic beverages.

The beer cost me 24nis (5 usd) and the whiskey was free (i brought a coupon).

The food plates are also very big.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Herzliya

Comments

Herzliya Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Herzliya restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Herzliya sightseeing.