Beach Activities, Tel Aviv-Yafo

Know about this? Rate It!

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Head for the beach

by leffe3 Updated May 9, 2006

Favorite thing: The centre of life in Tel Aviv is, without question, the beach. From March-November, Friday & Saturday is full of people sunning themselves or simply gathering as family units, picnicing. Summer evenings and throughout the night are also busy. Early morning throughout the year you will see hardy souls braving the waves or simply being too healthy (in my opinion!) for their own good, jogging down the beach. And sunsets bring out the romantics (and others of course:))

• Beaches

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Great beaches

by Carmela71 Written Mar 27, 2004

Favorite thing: Nice white sand beaches with all the different blues you can imagine, this is how I now remember Tel Aviv Beaches.

As usual busy during weekends, but really good during the week, at the mornings you will only find people doing exercise.

I hardly recommend to see a Sunset. Just great

• KianaInupiaq's Profile Photo

tel aviv , tel aviv

by KianaInupiaq Updated Jan 15, 2004
    ruins

Fondest memory: an old walkway, it's nice there at tel aviv but for me it has no comparison to ceasaria just due to the fact that ceararia is much more peaceful and relaxing for me, the first few times I tried to go to the beach in tel aviv I ended up at these places that you have to pay and I ended up driving from place to place just trying to find a place to park where I didn't have to pay to go to the beach, after that I started going to ceasaria rather than tel aviv..

• angelis's Profile Photo

One for the ladies.

by angelis Updated Mar 3, 2003

Favorite thing: If you want to get chatted up by a lovely Israeli man the best place to go is Tel Aviv beach. See how long you can sit there ( alone or with a group of female friends) before an Israeli guy comes over.
    The international chat up line is " What's your name, how old are you, where you come from?"
    These guys...lovely as they are with their all over tans and six packs... are EXTREMELY persistent. Personally, I never took them up on their offers of a night on the town. I usually came down to the beach, alone, with a book to catch some peace and quiet or recover from a hangover with a swim and a snooze under one of the giant parasols. If you are not interested the best thing is to completely ignore him. With a shrug he'll give up and go away...eventually.(and probably onto the next girl along the beach.) If you don't think you can be this rude, wait until he has stretched himself out catlike and graceful next to you, showing his pecs off to their best advantage, then get up and walk away. If he has any sense of male pride he shouldn't follow. If he does...well don't say I didn't warn you.

Some girls I knew dated these guys and had a great time all for the price of a halfhearted attempt for a sh*g at the end of it. A couple of girls had not so good experiences. Some went on to have brief flings and lots of fun.

Taking my tongue out of my cheek I must say I did meet some very nice Israeli's (elsewhere than the beach and travellers bars) who just wanted to chat about me, (not an altogether unpleasant experience) or share insights into Israeli culture.

The choices and chances are all yours. Goodluck.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• angelis's Profile Photo

Tel Aviv seafront; Hayarkon St

by angelis Updated Feb 5, 2003

Rainbow Cafe on promenade 9tourist info pic)

Favorite thing: Tel Aviv seafront; busy, brash and colourful right down to the man-made beach. A haven for poseurs and designer sunglasses. It sums up what Tel Aviv is all about.

A few of us would sleep out of the beach and wake up freezing cold as mist rolled in from the sea in the early hours.
    It was the funniest thing to watch all the keep-fitters come for their morning pose. Sometimes huge groups of "older generationals" (60+) would begin aerobics, flailing madly to an obscure 1960's sound track. As we sat up in our sleeping bags and blankets, muzzey headed, to begin shaking sand from our hair and ears, they would try so hard to ignore us. I guess we spoilt the view.

My favourite beach exercisers were the Tai-chi folk. At sunset and sunrise they came in ones and twos, to perform strange contortions against the horizon. It is spectacular to watch them silhouetted, as they piroutte in slow motion against the pink sky.

Fondest memory: Wading out to the wavebreakers ( rockline) and watching the sun come up after a hard nights drinking.

• Grazina's Profile Photo

If your in the neighbor, go kayaking.

by Grazina Written Jan 27, 2003

Are we ready?

Favorite thing: To me Tel-Aviv is a place where the young and strong come to play at the Beach. The air may be 80 degree F, so the water also is 80 degree F. Nice for swimming, and boating as will as kayaking. I already had a tan so I didn't lay out on the beach.

Fondest memory: The stroll down the Beach one evening and thinking, I'm here in the Land of the Bible, and gathering all this in my thoughts. So nice.

• sandravdp's Profile Photo

Go to the beach! Enjoy...

by sandravdp Written Sep 7, 2002

Favorite thing: Go to the beach! Enjoy yourself, go swimming or sunbading if you like. The waves are sometimes a big strong, but not dangerous. The water is nice and warm. Bring a long a bottle of water or sodapop, you will need it. It's very hot and you have to make sure you drink enough. Also bring strong suncream.

• visit the beach and make the...

by good-old Written Sep 2, 2002

Favorite thing: visit the beach and make the promenades along the outdoor cafees and restaurants, I dont know any city like this, and you get to like and learn to love it very fast. Among the best nightclubs in Israel, although Tel Aviv is like any other big european city when it comes to buildings, shopping and habits.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

One of the greatest thing in...

by Sharon Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: One of the greatest thing in our little country is all the restaurants and cafe's on the beach. We can almost call it a 'culture'... its great to be sitting in a good restaurant and look at the sea or in a small restaurants having a good beer/wine and listening to a great and different kinds of music.

• bluefelt's Profile Photo

bluefelt's General Tip

by bluefelt Written Aug 26, 2002

Fondest memory: My traveling group was dropped off right on the beach at this huge rave. It was 108 degrees, but we danced anyways. The music was so cool and everyone had a great time. The people in Israel liked seeing Americans...and this was before the recent events, of course.

• ClaesDenmark's Profile Photo

Just along the beach this...

by ClaesDenmark Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Just along the beach this fantastic center is placed. Full of life and activities all day long. A number of good restaurants are inside this center. Outside there is an amazingly springwater that is so beautiful to watch day as night.

• leffe3's Profile Photo

Red skies and beaches

by leffe3 Updated May 10, 2006

Favorite thing: One of the highlights of the city is, being on the Mediterranean coast, west facing, spectacular sunsets are more than likely.

Fondest memory: Sitting on the balcony of my apartment staring out to sea

• ClaesDenmark's Profile Photo

The water of the Mediterranean...

by ClaesDenmark Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: The water of the Mediterranean attracts alot of the local citiciens as well as the tourists. Especially there are so much life and fun here in the end of the day.

Instant Answers: Tel Aviv-Yafo

Comments

View all Tel Aviv-Yafo hotels