Related Tel Aviv-Yafo Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in Tel Aviv-Yafo

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Shenkin Street

by Nathalie_B Written Apr 11, 2004

Favorite thing: This street is known as the stylish one in Tel Aviv. It is a very popular among the young people and snobs ;-)
    Shenkin's cafes and terraces are very nice to spend a day at, but often these places are a bit overpriced, as well as the many shops in the area.
    It's nice to walk around the area, you'll find very interesting architecture there. This part of Tel Aviv still hides many old and beautiful buildings.

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Old Harbour

by Carmela71 Written Mar 27, 2004

Favorite thing: It is full of restaurants and bars, to sit and relax.

In my opinion it is much better to visit it at night than during the day.

We had a great dinner here on our first night. Sharon took as here to try the Hummusssssssssssss and great fish dishes ....

An Interesting Sculpture!

by Jackiekg Updated Feb 8, 2004

Favorite thing: Today I went for another walk to the seashore, entering the park in front of the Hilton Hotel (opposite 198 Hayarkon Street) and came across this piece of sculpture before following a path to the sea This is what is written on a plaque:
    "Pietro Dascella
    Gate of Peace
    1972
    Stone
    Gift of the Artist
    Baron and Baroness Urvater
    The Yehoshua Rabinowitz Tel Aviv Foundation For Literature & Art at the initiative of Aviva Najar"
    It is possible to walk through.
    I wasn't able to find any history on this piece of work.
    There is a lot of street sculpture in Tel Aviv and I hope to photograph more pieces.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Fruits Juices

by Sharon Written Jan 28, 2004

Favorite thing: One of the things i really love about Tel Aviv is the fruits bars, in so many places (like Alenby St., Dizingof, The promenade area etc') you can find them and enjoy those fresh fresh fruit juices.
    And in the summer its really great... try the Mangos and the Banana Shakes.. ohhhh darn i think i'll go buy me one now.. :-)

• KianaInupiaq's Profile Photo

tel aviv

by KianaInupiaq Updated Jan 15, 2004

Favorite thing: this photo is on el al's jet headin back to america, if you ever end up flying el al you should beware that their security is very very tight which is cool but my first time there they broke my canon eos while inspecting it, the second, third and fourth time that I went to Israel I didn't fly el al and refuse to fly el al as long as I live. Plus my first time going to Israel they kept me in their office at the Newark Intl for 3 to 5 hours questioning me with the same questions over and over again, I can understand why they would ask me these questions but 3 to 5 hours!

• KianaInupiaq's Profile Photo

tel aviv

by KianaInupiaq Updated Jan 15, 2004

Favorite thing: this night I took this pic, I was trying to find my way back to Jerusalem and I drove around the city for at least 3 to 4 hours just trying to find my way outta this city, I took a day drive to tel aviv from Jerusalem and this was my first time in Israel, the worst thing about it was that it was shabbat and most shops were closed, I found this arab meat shop open and the guy didn't speak english, he couldn't understand Jerusalem, after a few times of trying I finally said yerushalayim and he understood that name, he pointed out which way to go and then after that I finally got out of the darn city, it sure seems easy to find a way out but for some reason I found myself going in circles.

Fondest memory: Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, as i've heard every morning starting at 7 am, while staying at the Faisal Hostel just outside the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem, the Taxi callers always screaming when frustrated cause of no one answering the call, yelling at the crowd telling everyone that their taxi's headin to Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Tel-Aviv, the blue shutter house

by Martin_S. Written Oct 31, 2003

Favorite thing: We are still in Neve Tzedek but in a "newer" section. If you take a close look at the upper balcony you will see that there is a statue of a small girl, apparently standing on the balcony looking down at you. All along the walls, railings, roof line and windows you see small statues and decorations. A boy sitting on the side with legs dangling over the edge, another peeking over the ledge, or just sitting and thinking. An "interesting" house to say the least.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Tel-Aviv the "pink" house

by Martin_S. Written Oct 31, 2003

Favorite thing: This pink house is in an area of Tel-Aviv called Neve Tzedek, not too far from the Shuk HaCarmel. I should have asked to people living here why they painted "this particular" color. The pink combined with the blue doors makes it stand out even at night. You wil notice that there are no sidewalks here and a small area in front of the house had been made into a garden by adding some rocks to make a low wall and then adding some soil, a nice spot of green in an area otherwise devoid of exterior gardens.

• Jackiekg's Profile Photo

"Harold's Outdoor Unplugged Hoot"

by Jackiekg Updated Jul 5, 2003

Favorite thing: Whilst the Tel Aviv Folk Club takes a summer break - there is an open invite to "Harold's Outdoor Unplugged Hoot"
    Wednesday July 16
    Wednesday August 6** & 20
    Time: 20:00
    Location: Park in Ramat Aviv Gimel opposite 5 Kashani Street.
    Buses: 13 and 27 - get off at Shuster Center
    Details: Harold - 055 66 00 84
    Bring musical instruments, food & booze, chairs & blankets and NIS5 for security.
    Free - all welcome!!!
    **This is the eve of the Fast of Tisha B'Av - a day of mourning in the Jewish calendar. It is the anniversary of the destruction of the 1st and 2nd temples in Jerusalem. Therefore it will be an eve of solomn music.

Take A Seat!!

by Jackiekg Updated Jun 15, 2003

Favorite thing: Today I went on a tour of the area of Rothschild Blvd. to hear about the architecture there - (will be adding more photos to my travelogue on architecture) - and these seats were put up along Rothschild Blvd. The part I covered was from corner Herzl /Rothschild Street as far as Sothebys, just past Spadal Street. There are about 150 of these seats placed all over the city. This is a commercial project and include seats that were designed by designers and architects, backed by large commercial firms in Israel. In about two months these seats will be offered for public sale with the monies earmarked for children in need. I think this is a great idea and the seats brighten up the town and your hearts when you see them.

Each seat has the name of the work and the name of its artist. If I knew the exact translation of each title I would write them. One I can translate and it is "Days of the Radio" - I shall let you decide which one this is.

A Beautiful Building

by Jackiekg Updated Jun 14, 2003

Favorite thing: Buses No. 5, 12, 26 to Rothschild; or Bus No. 4 to corner of Allenby Rd. Numbers start from Allenby end.

This building is situated at 13 Rothschild Blvd. just past the corner of Herzl Street. It was built in the 1920's. The building used to be a branch of Bank Mizrachi.

Go to my travelogue on architecture to see more old/beautiful buildings.

• John195123's Profile Photo

John195123's General Tip

by John195123 Written Sep 7, 2002

Fondest memory: I don't remember the name of the street, but we walked along it after we had dropped our stuff at the hotel.

Update: The name of the road is Hayarkon. Thanks to Tamirros for this info! Or maybe it's Dizengoff Street.

We walked, looking around for a good restaurant. The road paralleled the coast. Once we found a good native restaurant, we sat and ate, of course, then went on exploring Tel Aviv for the remaining afternoon.

• inuit's Profile Photo

Try to make 4x4 tours in...

by inuit Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: Try to make 4x4 tours in Israel. There are many 4x4 tours organised in the Negev desert or the Judean desert where you can also try camel tours or sleeping in Bedouin tents and try local food.

Fondest memory: I was once asked by a fashion magazine to photo a model out side in the desert during a camel and 4x4 tour in the Ramon crater area. You can see what came out.

• Gadis's Profile Photo

When you're in Tel Aviv you...

by Gadis Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: When you're in Tel Aviv you must walk it through. The best way of seeing it is to look up when you walk by the strees.
    You can start by the sea line and get deaper into the City.

Fondest memory: Sea how the City changes by the Clock. How it gets up in the morning with quiet, clean and cool streets. How the Chaos Take over it by late morning living only small silent spots and waiting for all the people to came out and enjoy them self in the evening and into the night.

• soniko's Profile Photo

sea shore with lots of hotels...

by soniko Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: sea shore with lots of hotels and restaurants, azrieli center (mall) / Ramat Aviv Mall / diaspora Museum / Yarqon Park / Jaffa

Fondest memory: stayind in a hostel with my fiancee ( 1999 - now I am married to her) and seeing the sea from the window early in the morning!

Tel Aviv-Yafo Hotels

The Bell Hotel
Latest: Apr 2, 2014
Basel Hotel

Instant Answers: Tel Aviv-Yafo

Comments

Tel Aviv-Yafo Favorites

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Tel Aviv-Yafo locals.
Map of Tel Aviv-Yafo