Independence Day, Tel Aviv-Yafo

Celebrating Independence Day

Independence Day 2004

by Jackiekg Updated Apr 28, 2004

Celebrating in Rabin Square

This photo was taken in Rabin Square in Tel Aviv on the eve of our Indepence Day (26.4). It shows part of a fireworks display and people watching it. We were celebrating 56 years since Israel was declared a state.

• Jackiekg's Profile Photo

Independence Day - Israel is 56!

by Jackiekg Written Apr 28, 2004

Celebrating Independence Day

This photo was taken in Rabin Square, Tel Aviv, which was packed on the eve of Independence Day. As you can see, the guy has an Israeli flag drapped around him. A large stage was put up on the square and there was great entertainment and fireworks. From here I walked to Golda Centre, where the new Opera is now housed, and there there was community singing - it was packed and I would say there were a couple of thousand people there at least, having a great time. A couple of minutes away was Israeli folk dancing and line dancing , which I joined in for a while. About 1.30am I left there but know it went on until 3.30am.

• Jackiekg's Profile Photo

Independence Day in Tel Aviv - Having Fun!

by Jackiekg Updated May 10, 2003

Celebrating in Rabin Square

A couple of days ago, 7th May to be precise, Israel celebrated its 55th birthday. The celebration actually started on the eve of the 7th May, right after a day of mourning for Israel's Fallen. Of course it is difficult to go from a sad day to a happy one, but that's how it is here.
    My photo shows part of what went on in Rabin Square, which is in front of the Tel Aviv Municipality on Ibn Gvirol Street. My friends and I were there in time to see a show, which included dancers and some well-known Israeli singers and groups. The music could be heard for quite a distance and I imagine the neighbours didn't have quiet till at least 2am-3am! Later we walked over to the New Performing Arts Centre, about ten minutes away, where there was a sing along and folk-dancing, the latter of which I joined in. About 1am we left the celebrations to walk home, after a very nice evening.

Instant Answers: Tel Aviv-Yafo

Comments

View all Tel Aviv-Yafo hotels