Know about this? Rate It!
Zoological Centre Tel Aviv - Ramat Gan ("Safari")
The Tel-Aviv Zoo is the biggest in Israel. Only, it's not really in Tel-Aviv, it is located in Ramat-Gan. The zoo has two parts, the regular zoo where you walk around and the animals are enclosed and the safari part where you drive your car (or ride the internal train they have there for kids) and the animals roam free around you.
The old zoo used to be right in the city, behind city hall (where now stands the Gan Ha'Ir shopping mall). It was quite small and the neighbours didn't really like the sounds of smells. So, in the 70's it was moved to the National Park in Ramat-Gan (in the suburb of Ramat Chen). Now it's much bigger of course.
See more in the travelogue.
Safari in the middle of the city!
Though this park is not exactly Tel Aviv municipally, it is nearby and worth to visit, especially with children.
Drive slowly around, in your car or a bus, and look at the wild animals (giraffes, elephants, zebras and ostriches), birds another animals. Then visit, on foot, the modern zoo, which includes aviaries and reptiles . The third section of the park, is the lions' area, again driving the car with closed windows....
Open daily from 9 a.m. closing time changes seasonally.
Adress: Hatzvi St. Ramat Gan
(near Kfar Hamaccabiah).
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path