Been here? Rate It!
Along the Yarkon River
The sea is very nice to look at, what with the waves and the sound of the waves breaking, but the river is very beautiful too. Today it's a lovely day, not boiling hot as it has been most days recently, and as I live two minutes from the river I went for a walk along the river banks.
Lots of people were picnicking, kids were on swings or older kids busy painting various molds of animals etc., kids were sliding down a large plastic slide or watching the animals inside a large pen - ducks, ostriches, deer, rabbits, etc. or people were just resting on the grass. These are just a few of the activities found here.
The entrance to this part of the river is from the northern entrance of Tel Aviv, by the Yarkon Bridge (see photo). From here you can reach Sportek where many sports are played.
- Family Travel
Enjoy a stroll in a wonderful park, with lots of activities.
Here you can enjoy a tropical garden, rock and cactus gardens, huge lawns and artificial lake.
For the children there are the Zapari Bird Park, playgrounds, a miniature train, and lots more.
Grown up ones can rent a canoe and sail, climb a strait wall, enjoy roller blades, or just hike along the paths.
More pictures and details about this park see in my travelogue "Nature sights from Hayarkon Park".
A Walk or Byke in Park Hayarkon
While you are staying in Tel-Aviv - If you would like some relax and & quite time for your mind, If you like to enjoy fresh air, the beauty of nature, and magical sights of a river - I recommend to spend a few hours in the beautiful Park Hayarkon in north Tel-Aviv.
An excellent point to start is from under the HaYarkon Bridge
(Take line 5 MiniVan to north Tel-Aviv - direction:Bavli neighberhood - ask the driver to stop for you under "Gesher Hayarkon" - that's the name of Hayarkom Bridge in hebrew)
You got 2 great directions for a walk/Byke from that point :
1. You can go west - Up the Hayarkon river in the direction of Tel-Aviv Harbour.
- you got a walk trails on both sides of the river - both trails leads to Tel-Aviv Harbour - Its only 30 min. walk - but the sights of the trees and the river are absulutly beutifull - and its really quite and peaceful - taking a Byke is a great option - you got special trail for bycle and another trail dedicated for walking (- beware - Isareli's tend to walk on the Bycle trail - don't be upset about that )
2. You can go East - Down the Hayarkon river in the direction of Park Hayakon - here also you can decide between 2 sides of the river - While walking this way - there are several bridges a head - so you got several option to switch sides on your way.
There are really Magical places in that way - and if you keep walking - you can reach some places with very wild nature (No dangourous animals).
When you reach the park - Find the lake (you can't miss it) - not far a way from the lake there is a place called "Sheva Tachanot" (7 stations) - If you found this place - you'll find a magical place - small waterfalls, goose and ducks and other kind of birds enjoying the water flow.
The prefered seasons for a walk in Park Hayarkon are all B U T summer (...Its too hot and sweaty - I warn you). In each season the park takes a different look - If you enjoy birds singing, a lot of green in your eyes, relaxation or meditation - its absulutly your escape place from the urban energy of Tel-Aviv.
I live close to the park - so if you've read this comment and needs a guide for this walk/Byke (free of charge) I will happy to guide you through. Contact me before your walk - and if I am available during your stay - I will be happy to show you the beuty of the park and its nature.
- Women's Travel
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
Explore the World
- Batey La Dominicana Hotels
- Norra Kvill National Park Hotels
- Boisset Hotels
- State of Karnataka Hotels