Know about this?
I bought a lot of merchandise at MAZAL TOV, 159 Dizengoff in Tel Aviv. I signed the AMEX credit card receipt for 215 shekels.When I got back to the states I was charged in US Dollars. THE MERCHANT ALTERED THE RECEIPT.
There are many forms of this same scam. Some items are marked just with a number and when you get to a cashier they try to charge you in US dollars instead of shekels.
Keep all your receiptsand watch all your transactions carefully.
- Family Travel
- Budget Travel
- Luxury Travel
On big cities in the world like new york , rome , prague , paris and more you will find a lot of warning about pickpockets but here in Tel Aviv it is very safe.
I am not saying that you can leave your stuff on a desk and leave it but still tel aviv is much safer than other big cities.
Always be careful but feel free and relax.
To good to be true.
The time I travel here in this land, I hear all over that the city is safe and you don't have to worry about pick-pocketer, robbery. Now, I didn't have a problem at all and yes I did carry 1,000's of dollar on my person, and to be honest that was a silly thing to do. So, do use credit card, travel checks, and if you need cash your hotel will exchange for you. Because it's better to be safe then sorry.
Lots of places to shopping and that means carrying alot of money with you.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sri Lanka Hotels
- North America
- Kalawewa Hotels
- Lido Key Hotels
- Riva del Garda
- Santo Domingo Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Unsafe Areas
- Srinagar Warnings and Dangers
- Ukraine Warnings and Dangers
- Lisbon Warnings and Dangers
- Charleston Warnings and Dangers
- San Juan Warnings and Dangers
- Kansas City Warnings and Dangers
- Manila Warnings and Dangers
- Saint Lucia Warnings and Dangers
- Barcelona Warnings and Dangers
- Baguio Warnings and Dangers
- Munnar Warnings and Dangers