Money and Safety, Tel Aviv-Yafo

Know about this?

Carry you fanny package in front of you.
    by Grazina
  • MONEY SCAM

by Smartshopper Written Jul 22, 2009

I bought a lot of merchandise at MAZAL TOV, 159 Dizengoff in Tel Aviv. I signed the AMEX credit card receipt for 215 shekels.When I got back to the states I was charged in US Dollars. THE MERCHANT ALTERED THE RECEIPT.
    There are many forms of this same scam. Some items are marked just with a number and when you get to a cashier they try to charge you in US dollars instead of shekels.
    BUYER BEWARe!!!!!!!
    Keep all your receiptsand watch all your transactions carefully.

• Luxury Travel

• ophiro's Profile Photo

Pickpockets

by ophiro Written May 30, 2005

On big cities in the world like new york , rome , prague , paris and more you will find a lot of warning about pickpockets but here in Tel Aviv it is very safe.

I am not saying that you can leave your stuff on a desk and leave it but still tel aviv is much safer than other big cities.

Always be careful but feel free and relax.

• Grazina's Profile Photo

To good to be true.

by Grazina Written Jan 27, 2003

The time I travel here in this land, I hear all over that the city is safe and you don't have to worry about pick-pocketer, robbery. Now, I didn't have a problem at all and yes I did carry 1,000's of dollar on my person, and to be honest that was a silly thing to do. So, do use credit card, travel checks, and if you need cash your hotel will exchange for you. Because it's better to be safe then sorry.
    Lots of places to shopping and that means carrying alot of money with you.

Carry you fanny package in front of you.

Instant Answers: Tel Aviv-Yafo

Comments

View all Tel Aviv-Yafo hotels