the blue fig, Amman

Al-Ameer Hashem Bin al-Hussein Street - Abdoun 962 6 592 8800

Jabri facade
    by stamporama
  • Rome's Glory with smoked salmon and too much mayo
    Rome's Glory with smoked salmon and too...
    by 1W1V
    At Blu Fig, Amman
    by MalenaN
  • 1W1V's Profile Photo

the blue fig: The place to be seen

by 1W1V Written Jul 9, 2005

Rome's Glory with smoked salmon and too much mayo

The Blue Fig is truly the place to be seen in Amman.
    For foreigner or tourist, it can bring to you a totally different picture of Jordan.
    High and upper middle class young people speaking load and drinking alcohol.
    In summer, the Blue Fig can become an unintentional cat walk spot !
    Don't miss it !

Favorite Dish: To my opinion, food is nothing special. Just go there to socialize and to be seen (LOL) ...

• tashakeiko's Profile Photo

the blue fig: The BEST!!

by tashakeiko Written Oct 24, 2006

This was one of the BEST restaurants I have visited outside of America. The decor is so modern and cool. Nothing in America is like it. The food, staff and clientale are ultrachic and international. Try the Tuna Cheese Balls. They are what dreams are made of. They have awesome drinks too, which is saying alot for a Muslim country. I wish I could remember the name of the blueish-purplish drink I had there but TRUST is was the bomb!! The breakfast is cool too. I got this large bread with cream cheese and jelly smeared on top. It was awesome!! Holla at the Blue Fig anytime your in Jordan. It is worth a trip. (Now if I can only get one in Houston, Texas, I'd be happy!)

Favorite Dish: Tuna Cheese Balls

• the blue fig: A environnemental cafe...

by parisiansmile Written Oct 20, 2004

The blue fig is a very nice restaurant dedicated to the discovery of new cultures.

The restaurant has a very nice terasse and the design of the whole restaurant is very african oriented.

Expositions, concerts, projectiions are held on a regular basis in there.

The world music displayed here is very ecclectic and gives the place a special atmosphere.

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Jabri: Amman's most popular resto

by stamporama Written Nov 4, 2007

Jabri facade

This place was recommended by many locals. It is basically fast food where you order at the counter, pay up, then a waiter brings the food to your table. One of their specialties (forgot the name) that we ate was a kind of stew where lamb meat was bathed in yogurt. It was my first time to eat lamb and it tasted pretty much like chicken to me. There was also fried chicken, and the usual pita bread that you could dip with chick pea sauce and olive oil.

The place also sold local pastries (baklava) and sweets.

Favorite Dish: Unfortunately I didn't get to eat much as I wasn't that hungry to begin with. But the lamb stew that I described was OK.

• onfoot's Profile Photo

Blue Fig: Modern Jordanian Concept

by onfoot Written Oct 26, 2010

As described by the founders of this place, this restaurant is about fusion of music, food and culture.
    The food is great, the ambiance is exceptional, and the restaurant features a country and an artist each month.
    Besides, there is a cool bar on the 2nd floor
    This place is open all day serving breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a simple cup of cappuccino and cookies!

Favorite Dish: The platters in general are great ... I prefer chicken myself ... Yummy, great presentation

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

the blue fig: restaurant 1, abdoun - amman

by call_me_rhia Written Nov 9, 2002

the blue fig

A different Amman: this is upscale Amman - where the young, hip and rich people go. it's a restaurant like many others... the people, the music, the food... all seems familiar... until you remember you are in Amman. Only then you notice the mix-gender parties and uncovered heads. Refreshing - yet somehow unreal. Futuristic

Favorite Dish: let's face it - the food is nothing to write home about - except for arab bread. You go to the Blue Fig to see the people - thousands of light years apart from the people in downtown Amman

• WOX restaurant: DO NOT EAT HERE

by sunset21 Updated Jul 4, 2011

DON'T EAT HERE!!!!!! They were moping and dusting right next to us and when we tried to tell them we are bothered about this issue the owner of the restaurant came to us telling ": Oh,,,,it's not like we are puting the mop in your plate!!!!" He was very ironic and in top of it saying " Thank you for eating in our restaurant""" very nervous of course and ironic. The food was poor and not that tasty and also expensive. Really if u wanna go somewhere nice to eat go to REN CHAI chinese restaurant IT IS EXCEPTIONAL.

Favorite Dish: i didn''t like it

Instant Answers: Amman

Comments

Hotels Near the blue fig
3.0 out of 5 stars