plane, Amman

Know about this? Rate It!

• xaver's Profile Photo

New airport

by xaver Written Jan 7, 2014

airport

I had stopped a few hours in Amman many years ago and I remembered that small airport, so I was pleased to see they had a brand new airport now. As soon as you arrived you will have to go to change money as you need 20JD for the visa.
    When you have to leave do not come too early as they will not you access the check in area before the check in desks are opened (about 2 hours before the flight) and there are not many chairs around to have a seat.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Emirates Airlines

by machomikemd Written Aug 30, 2013

We rode on Emirates Airlines in Going to Amman Jordan, on our first leg of our middle eastern jaunt of 3 weeks since emirates offers the best rates and with excellent service, even for economy. they have twice daily flights to and from amman fro their hub in Dubai.

Emirates Airline is the largest airline in the Middle East, operating over 3,000 flights per week from its hub at Terminal 3 of Dubai International Airport, to more than 130 cities in 77 countries across six continents. Emirates is one of the most sucessful legacy airline carriers in the world (since it is heavily subsidized by the government) and has the third largest in terms of passenger volume and is not a member of any airline alliance such as Sky Team or One World or Star Alliance. Emirates operates an exclusively wide-bodied aircraft fleet, composed of three aircraft families: the Airbus A330/A340, Airbus A380 and the Boeing 777.
    Emirates has one of the best cabin of all the airlines of the world and their ICE entertainment system is top notch.

their offices in amman are:

Address

• Luxury Travel

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

by machomikemd Written May 13, 2013
    arriving

The Queen Alia International Airport is the main gateway to Jordan in general and in the Amman metropolitan area in Particular. The Airport has a spanking new terminal completed in march of 2013 of which was the terminal we boarded off after arriving in amman. The airport currently has three terminals (including the new one) consiting of two passenger terminals and one cargo terminal. It is the main hub of Royal Jordanian Airlines, the national flag carrier, as well as being a major hub for Jordan Aviation. It was built in 1983 and is named after Queen Alia, the third wife of the late King Hussein of Jordan who died in a helicopter crash in 1977. the Airport is located 32 kilometers south of the capital amman.

• Robin020's Profile Photo

Visa

by Robin020 Updated Nov 28, 2011

They are ATM machine on arrival you can pay with credit card it say on the board of the visa you can but you cant.

National Eu national /Destination Jordan (JO)

Jordan (JO)

Passport required.
    - Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
    for at least 3 months beyond the date of arrival.

Visa Issuance:
    Visa required, except for Nationals of Eu can obtain a single

entry (or transit) visa on arrival. Fee: JOD 20.- (payable in

Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia, Mozambique, Myanmar,
    Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea,
    Philippines, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka,
    Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Viet
    Nam, Zambia can obtain a visa free of charge, provided

- passenger travels as part of a tour arranged by a licensed
    Jordanian tourist or travel agency; and
    - group is not less than 5 persons; and
    - staying a minimum of 2 nights in Jordan; and
    - holding a return ticket.

• Blatherwick's Profile Photo

by Blatherwick Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Royal Jordanian Airlines

Royal Jordanian, the national airline, flies direct between Amman and numerous destinations throughout the Middle East, Europe and the world. The place that you will end up landing at is Queen Alia International Airport.

An Airport Express bus runs between the airport and the upper end of the Abdali bus station. The service runs every half hour between 6 am and 10 pm for 1.5 JD. Three other buses go at midnight, 2 am, and 4 am.

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo

Royal Jordanian Airline

by Pakistaniguy Updated Apr 4, 2011

Landed on Queen Alia Internation Airport - AMMAN

The Best way to come to Jordan is via Royal Jordanian Airline. It is just an okay airline. Not at all as bad as KLM is !!! I hate KLM because their aircrafts are old and very unreliable. But RJ is fine and getting better day by day. The service is fine too. They give you a lot of facilities as beign their passengers. If you have your next flight next day then they will give you a room in 4 star hotel and with all 3 meals !!! and in this way you can see Amman as well. But it is better to get the Visa before going there.

• School Holidays

• cheerssweetie's Profile Photo

Flying Royal Jordanian

by cheerssweetie Written Sep 13, 2010

Avoid th airport rush and head to Royal Jordanian's 7th Circle City Terminal, where you can checkin your baggage and receive your boardiing pass up to four hours prior to departure.
    Shuttle buses will take you to Queen Alia International Airport, where you will be whisked through a special gate directly to immigration and off to your departure gate. This service is available exclusively for passengers on all RJ flights to all destinations from Amman. Passengers flying to US destinations can check in no more than 24 hours prior to their flight.
    For Bus times and further information ring the numbers below.

• Luxury Travel

• boltonian's Profile Photo

Airport

by boltonian Written Nov 11, 2009

The airport is pretty small and a 45 minute drive from Amman.

Huge duty free store on exit, but little else.

You can get here by taxi 20JD, or bus from North Terminal 3JD.

If flying with Royal Jordanian, you can go from their offices and check your bags instead of having to do it at the airport.

• pakistanibrain's Profile Photo

Arriving in Amman

by pakistanibrain Written Mar 4, 2007

Amman International Airport

Amman International Airport is served by several airlines including Royal Jordanian, Emirates, Gulf Air, etc.

The airport is located around 40 km outside the city in the middle of the desert, however there is a lot of development going on at the Airport road, ie the road that takes you from the airport to the city.

• Architecture

• fabrice's Profile Photo

queen alya airport is at 30...

by fabrice Updated Jan 17, 2007

queen alya airport is at 30 kms;there are many many buses to abdali station(amman);so do not pay 50000 dollars to a taxi-driver who will tell you that there is no bus
    only on domestic flight:to aqaba.
    There are several bus stations in amman,according to your direction,but you will find buses to everywhere in jordan.
    also daily buses and daily collective taxis to damascus(syria),baghdad(iraq),and saudi arabia.
    there is a daily bus amman-tel aviv

• xaver's Profile Photo

Royal Jordanian airways

by xaver Written Nov 15, 2005

Hotel Alia

I flew with Jordanian airways from Rome to Bangkok and back, a definitly nice,cheap and safe company.On our way back home, as we had a stop over of 5 hours, the company provided us an accomodation in a hotel close to the airport, so after getting a transit visa, we could have a shower and rest a few hours free.

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

by Djinn76 Updated Dec 27, 2004
    Visa? A simple stamp in your passport...

Nothing special about the airport itself. since it is located outside the city, count 20-30 minutes by road to reach the center (depending where you stay).
    I don't know how to go from the airport to the city (a friend picked me up) but in the other direction, count between 15 and 25JD (depending how you negotiate) for a yellow taxi.

You will most probably need a visa to enter Jordan but you can buy it directly (and very easily) from the airport for 10JD.
    They only accept cash (and Jordan Dinar) but you can change some JD directly at the airport ...

When leaving, there is a "departure tax" as well, I think it was 7 JD

• AMOQUE's Profile Photo

Queen Alia Int. Airport: An unpleasant experience

by AMOQUE Updated Feb 16, 2004

Queen Alia International Airport

On my way from Amsterdam to Bangkok and vice-versa, I had a stopover at this airport.

At the airport, it is not very clear where to go. There are some desks to get a visa for Jordan, but I didn't need one (transit flight).
    After 20 minutes of asking the right direction (almost noone spoke or understood English) to a very unfriendly staff, a nice staff member helped me out.
    He took me to the right gate, true a "staff only" passage. After a couple of hours of waiting (the airport has a nice shopping area and some nice restaurants), I'd to pass the douane. As I past the detectiongate, it beeped. They took me apart and a woman examined me with a body(metal)detector. It kept beeping all the time.I knew, I had nothing illegal on me, but still I felt very unconfortable. It turned out to be the zipper of my pants. I could go.

On my way back I had an unpleasant experience again. As soon as I arrived from Bkk, they asked me, if I was on a transit flight to Amsterdam. I answered positive. They putted me in a line and told us to wait there. A staff member took my boarding pass and gave me a voucher wich said: "transit and flightnumber" (I did not notice immediately, that I did not have my boarding pass anymore). Before I knew it they putted me trough the douane and I was standing in Jordan (I now have a Jordan stamp in my passport).
    They wanted to put me in an hotel, but I wanted to stay at the airport. Fortunately there was a very nice stewardess of the company I was flying with (Royal Jordanian Airlines). She took me to the right departure terminal. It's an area without shops, food or drinks. I had to wait there for four hours.
    My flightnumber appeared on the sign eventually, I could go trough the douane (ousite Jordan) again. There I had to give the voucher wich said: "transit and flightnumber" At last I got my boarding pass back. I could go to the restaurant and shopping area.

I had an unpleasant experience here, but still if it saves me money, I would fly via Amman again. I know now, how everything works here.

• filmboomer's Profile Photo

Airport porter hints

by filmboomer Written Apr 12, 2003

We were HAMMERED by demands for tips in the Amman airport. Of course, we were carrying 25 bags and equipment cases, so were prime targets for the racket created by the local porters (both in Amman and Kuwait).

Suggestion: Carry LOTS of small bills, choose the MINIMUM number of "helpers" (they come out of the woodwork) and REMEMBER FACES! You will be surrounded by uniformed men who will swear to you that they have stuck with your baggage from the conveyer belt and that you owe them for the work done. They may or may not have actually been there.

I exchanged enough US $ to tip $150 for the travel from Kuwait to Amman and at the end of the journey at the hotel found that I had spent it all and more in paying men with their hands out. It was an exhausting, confusing, chaotic experience that I would not like to re-experience.

Instant Answers: Amman

Comments

Other Transportation in Amman