Jarash Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Jarash

• Djinn76's Profile Photo

Taking the bus !!

by Djinn76 Updated Jan 3, 2005

From Amman, you could take a taxi to Jerash. For example, it could cost about 35JD plus 7JD per hour you would spend on site.

Now you could take the bus as well... for less than 0.5JD!!
    They are leaving from Abdalli station. Simply ask your way to the locals and pay once you are inside.

On the way back, it was slightly more expensive, 1JD for a kind of service taxi. Close to the bus station, there is also a "taxi station", they are simply filling in car to Amman. Pay however attention to this kind of transportation, the guy organising the cars speaks fluently English but the drivers don't! He dropped us to some place in Amman without giving us a clue where we were. Finally we took a second taxi to the hotel...

• antistar's Profile Photo

Getting There

by antistar Written Jan 21, 2007

You can take a bus from Amman for less than a dinar. It's a journey of about an hour or so. To get here from Madaba, you need to get a bus via Ajlun or Amman (preferably Ajlun and combine it with a visit to the castle there). Alternatively you can hire a taxi. For a round trip, including Ajlun, you can expect to pay in the region of 30-40 JD.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Jerash

by MalenaN Written Feb 10, 2006

Jerash

I had planed to visit Ajlun and Jerash on a daytrip from Amman using public transport, but was a bit concerned if I was going to be in time to catch the last bus back from Jerash (I had got mixed reports of when it was leaving).

As I had breakfast in the hotel in the morning I was going I heard a French couple talking to the man in the reception and they had the same plans as I had. I talked to them and in the end we decided to take one of the tours from the hotel (only transport), which would give us the time also to visit Uum Qais. We started in Uum Qais, then went on to Ajlun and last to Jerash. It was a long day but we did not have to rush through any of the sites and it was convenient. We split the price between the three of us and I paid 16,5 JD.

• Vabate's Profile Photo

Jerash, The Ancient Roman City

by Vabate Written Jun 24, 2006

Road to Jerash

In Amman, at Abdali Station, take the local mini bus to Jerash. The Fare is 400Fils or 0.400JD. Buses leave when they are full or approximately every hour. The Drop off is at a gas station, 1 block up is the ancient Roman City, its main Gate is clearly visible.

On the way back just cross the street where you were dropped off. There are are two small shops where you can buy a cold soda or water while you wait for the bus. Many vans will stop asking you if you want to go to Amman with them for 1JD. They may push you by telling you that there are no more buses - not true - they run up until 5:00pm even on a Friday.

These vehicles are not mini buses and do not have licenses nor permits. It is equivalent to a form of "paid" hitchhiking and not recommended for women.

• Archeology

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Hitching

by freya_heaven Updated Dec 22, 2004

Me, in Hitch truck

I really wouldnt recommend hitching alone, that would be crazy, especially for fairy headed people. ( I was stupid enough to do it in Israel & only just got myself out of trouble!).

But its a great way of meeting locals and getting around cheaply or free.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Hitch from the Boarder Then Bus to Kerak

by freya_heaven Updated Dec 22, 2004

Alex & Myself in back of Truck

From the Jordan/Israel King Hussain Boarder crossing we got a hitch to Jerash.

Fom Jerash we took a bus southwards to Kerak, changing at Amman.

It was an interesting bus ride, we sat at the back with all the local women, who plied us with sweets, and sang songs!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Tour Bus to and From Jerash

by machomikemd Written Sep 2, 2013

There is a multitude of tours that feature Jerash as part of a day trip from amman as Jerash is just 47 kilometers in distance to Amman along the Mountain Highway to Jerash Governorate. these tours offer half day tours of Jerash from amman or whole day tours with jerash, pella and the dead sea as a day tour combination. Most of these tour companies use big tour buses to ferry tourists to and from amman to jerash and to other destinations too. the ride is about 50 minutes via these air conditioned and comfortable tour buses and some have free wifi too.

• Museum Visits
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Jarash

Comments

Jarash Transportation

Reviews and photos of Jarash transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jarash sightseeing.