Know about this? Rate It!
1,000 steps to the Monastery
I mean it, it is 1,000 steps - not a bad idea to mount a mule for this climb as it is long and tiring. You get the feeling along the way that you are on a pilgrimmage of some sort as the people going each direction seem to be either intent on making their way or better for their effort. Stop along the way to interact with the people selling jewelry, etc... - we decided to give their kids some of the food we had stached in our backpacks for the day's trekking. They enjoyed the snack and we enjoyed the moment of connection with people you'd never expect to meet.
- Hiking and Walking
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Petra Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Grovedale Hotels
- Belo Horizonte
- Marsaxlokk Hotels
- Loen Hotels
- Ilha de São Miguel
- Sitges Hotels
- Guatemala Off The Beaten Path
- Williamsburg Off The Beaten Path
- Kosice Off The Beaten Path
- Burgas Off The Beaten Path
- Burlington Off The Beaten Path
- San Simeon Off The Beaten Path
- Tenby Off The Beaten Path
- Hood River Off The Beaten Path
- Waterton Lakes National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Sète Off The Beaten Path
- Veracruz Off The Beaten Path