Wadi Rum Things to Do

by FruitLover
    wadi rum mirage
    by lukasdan
  • wadi rum mirage camp
    wadi rum mirage camp "sunset"
    by lukasdan

Most Recent Things to Do in Wadi Rum

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Taste of the scenery on the way to Wadi Rum

by angiebabe Updated Feb 5, 2014

This is some of the scenery that gets you salivating in the lead up to arriving at Wadi Rum - beautiful rocks along the way from the road up from Aqaba.
    ...similar rocks to Lawrence of Arabia 7 pillars...

anyway its all a very beautiful, impressive area.

• Desert
    • Adventure Travel

• xaver's Profile Photo

Desert trip

by xaver Written Jan 8, 2014

Wadi Rum

Our desert trip was 2 hours and half long and we paid 45 JD for the 4*4 car.
    The car was driven by bedouin and infact the Wadi Rum desert is also the home of some bedouin tribes, so expect them to ask you to visit their tent, drink a tea and leave some money. We preferred to stay out and take pictures, our driver probably did not appreciate, but after many trips I got tired of these rituals never advertised in the excursion menu and definitly not natural nor original.
    The driver stops any time you ask him to take pictures, the trip was amazing and if I went back I would take a longer one.

• Hiking and Walking

• “Amazing experience, incredibly affordable”

by Andre2012 Written Sep 1, 2012

My wife and I visited Wadi Rum last week and choose Bedouin Advisor as our guide for the trip.

We did the 1 Day / 1 Night trip option. We had a Jeep tour with numerous stops to do some light hiking.

The camp that night was very nice and more luxurious than I would have imagined for desert camping. That is coming from my wife who is not a fan of camping at all.

Ayesh were just wonderful hosts to us. Our Jeep tour inculded 2 other couples and at camp that night there were a few other couples as well, just about a dozen of us.

After the yummy dinner Ayesh told stories of the beduin lifestyle and history and answered any questions we had.

Visiting Wadi Rum and our stay with Bedouin Advisor was one of the highlights of our trip to Jordan.
    We both said we would come back and stay with them over visiting Petra a second time, if we are able to make a return trip to Jordan.

• Mountain Climbing
    • Camping

• wadi rum mirage camp and Guides

by lukasdan Written Aug 13, 2012
    wadi rum mirage camp

We stayed in Wadi Rum Mirage Camp in the sunset area of Wadi Rum, the owners and staff were Bedouin and were very helpful.

We did a jeep tour and walking with a very good guide, and the team of Wadi RumMirage offered different programs: Hiking, Camel ride.

The food was traditional Bedouin and very good.

We had individual tents which were very comfortable. We were impressed with the toilets and showers which were kept clean and well stocked.

We enjoyed ourselves very much . We both felt completely safe the whole time we were there.

Contacts:
    Website: www.wadirummirage.com

• Camping

• FruitLover's Profile Photo

Trekking by foot and climbing

by FruitLover Written Oct 15, 2011
    Wadi Rum, Jordan

Desert trekking by foot and free climbing are very popular ways to explore the mountainous terrain. The rock is sandstone and at first sight appears soft, but on close acquaintance you'll find (with the help of your Bedouin guide) that excellent climbs are possible and enjoyable.

• Desert

• natsusu's Profile Photo

Overnight in Wadi Rum

by natsusu Written Jul 9, 2010

Each touroperator has own campsite. Our camp was more or less we expected. No electricity. Which means you need torch light when you are walking around or going to bathroom. When we reached at the camp first thing we did was to take a shower since we knew that it would be colder and darker at night.
    Even daytime, water was freezing cold and shower room was dark as there's no window. We don't know when was the last time the blanket in the tent was cleaned. Garbage from previous guests shows nobody is cleaning daily.

Well, I'm not trying to complain. The night at the camp was so much fun. The food was super. ( yummy grilled chiken, cooked potatoes and zucchini in spicy soup, fresh salads... ) singing, dancing to arabic music, playing games in communal tents.

3 cars : our car 6 persons + 4 persons + a couple joined at the camp. Not a lot but enough fun to spend night with. A guy who just came from Wadi Rum told me that he was alone from the beginning till end. Tour was like private tour, but at the camp it was nothing special as only he and a guide had dinner together and sleep!

• natsusu's Profile Photo

Excursion in Wadi Rum

by natsusu Written Jul 9, 2010

Packed in old Toyota starting from Rum Village at 10:00AM
    We stopped by Lawrence's spring, Al Hasany Dunes : beautiful red sands, it's fun to climb up the hill and run down. , Anfaishiyya Inscriptions, Lawrence's house, Rakhabat al Wadak : Rock bridge which you can climb. We had picnic lunch there.
    After lunch we continued tour stopping by siq and Burdah Rock Bridge, and tea break at bedouine tent.
    I don't remember exactly which route we took. I just enjoyed each stop and breathtaking view en route.
    Even if we spent enough time ( 3days ) in petra and got used to the rock formations, wadi... Wadi Rum's dynamic landscape is unforgettable.

Better wear warm cloth, it's freezing cold in the morning and night.

Most of the hotels in Wadi Musa can arrange this trip. ( about 35JD including overnight at camp, picnic lunch, breakfast and dinner at camp )

• wadi rum in jordan

by farquet Updated Nov 25, 2009

we are just back from wadi rum where we spent 3 days in the desert and slept under a bedouin tent, went hiking in remote places with a very serious and professional guide. He cooks very well too.It was a wonderful experience.He has a site wildbedouinlife and is a very nice guy.

The drive to Wadi Rum.

The road ahead.

The drive to Wadi Rum is a very comfortable experience.

Located approx 90 minutes North East of Aqaba and approx 120 minutes, via the Kings Highway, South East of Petra, the roads are well made, smooth and the traffic is surprisingly light.

There is really nothing of note to look at in either direction and therefore the only stop would be heading from Aqaba to Wadi Rum when you will be required to stop at the customs inspection station approx 30 minutes north of Aqaba city.

The inspection is required because the port city of Aqaba is a duty free haven in Jordan so stock up on your drinks and souvenirs because they are all a lot cheaper here than anywhere else in Jordan!

Enjoy the experience.

Having a great time.

Anne and I had a fantastic time in Wadi Rum. As soon as we entered the car park of the visitor centre to the time that we drove away, some five hours later, we had had the most incredible day…and we had not been to Petra yet!

The cinema was informative, the meal was magnificent, the jeep adventure safari was a thrill, the sites were visited were impressive and the Bedouin people were simply outstanding.

As a day out and experience goes, this was a highlight….as you can see by the smile on Anne’s’ face.

• K.Knight's Profile Photo

Camels, camels, everywhere camels!

The kids.

As we were driving back to visitor centre we came across a mother and three baby camels! The sun was in the right place and you could clearly make out their fur shining in the afternoon sun. The mother was looking on carefully while the babies simply stood there, unsure and not knowing what to do.

There are camels everywhere in the deserts of Jordan and Wadi Rum was no exception.

Check out the wildlife.

The Scorpian King.

You need to be very careful when walking in the desert of Wadi Rum, you never know what you may stand on!

While we were walking to the jeep, after we had tea with the local Bedouin people, I nearly stood on this little number….a scorpion. I was glad that I had simply drank tea and not alcohol!

Our guide advised us that it was quite rare to see these guys out during the day as it was usually too hot for them. I explained that it could not be that rare because I had only been to Wadi Rum on 1 occasion and I had seen one…a 100% strike rate!!!!!!

Ride a Camel.

Our trusty steed.

You can ride a camel just about anywhere in Jordan. Unlike Petra, the camel rides are very cheap in Wadi Rum and they actually last a lot longer as well. When we visited the Khazali Canyon our jeep parked quite a distance from the opening to the Siq. It was a very hot day…yes I know, it is a desert, and we had walked quite a distance.

Not being able to face the walk back up the sand dune, Anne’s twin sister Sue decided that she wished to take the camel back. The haggling with the camels’ handler started at US$5 and we quickly settled on US$3 as the appropriate fee. When we arrived at the car park I handed him the US$5 her originally asked for!

• K.Knight's Profile Photo

The Wadi Rum Visitor Centre.

by K.Knight Written Nov 16, 2009
    The Wadi Rum Visitor Centre.

The Wadi Rum Visitor Centre is a very comfortable place to visit.

When we first arrived we received our park entry tickets and we were escorted to the air-conditioned cinema. The curved screen encircled us as we sat and watched a 20 minute video and slide show that was very informative on everything about this desert.

From the cinema we were taken to the restaurant and provided an excellent lunch for 10 J.D. This lunch included 2 sandwiches, served with a side salad and a cold drink.

From the restaurant we ascended the lookout for a perfect view of the Seven Pillars of Wisdom before we headed off on our jeep safari.

• K.Knight's Profile Photo

Visit a Bedouin Camp - 3.

by K.Knight Written Nov 16, 2009
    Here's to a happy and health life.

The Bedouin are a friendly people that made us feel very welcome. They do not have much and they did not charge us for the tea that they provided. They provided us with a comfortable place to sit, attempted to communicate with us and showed us their many trinkets that they had collected over the years…none of which was for sale.

I was very impressed with how happy these people seemed with their life and money did not seem to worry them. I wished I had the same “devil may care attitude.”

I left baksheesh for the tea but I took Anne home with me!

Instant Answers: Wadi Rum

Comments

Wadi Rum Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Wadi Rum things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Wadi Rum sightseeing.