Baalbeck Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Baalbeck

• coceng's Profile Photo

Eating Cheap & Nice !

by coceng Written Sep 2, 2005
    Baalbek : Schwarmas...Delicious !

Eating cheap & nice was my option in Baalbek.
    The schwarmas that I got in Baalbek had some mutton in them plus the pickles of course.
    Seriously speaking, when i think about The Middle East i will think about the schwarmas that i had there & the ones that I had in Baalbek were just so delicious !

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Palmyra Hotel: Delicious bread for breakfast

by TheWanderingCamel Written May 14, 2005

Another one?

As there were 13 of us staying at the hotel, they brought in a local woman to cook mannoushi for us. Light as a feather flat bread spread with za'atar mixed with oil - it was delicious and it just kept coming - hot and fresh straight from her portable "bakery" on the floor of the restaurant lobby - absolutely delicious!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Palmyra Hotel: A cool, green terrace and reasonable food

by TheWanderingCamel Written May 14, 2005

Hotel Palmyra terrace

Given the option of where to eat at the Palmyra Hotel, the lovely, leafy terrace should be your first choice. It is very pleasant indeed. The large restaurant inside is a nice room, but when the place is all but deserted it's all a bit funereal. The terrace only seems to open sometime in mid-May.
    There's also a tiny, dark bar where you can get a drink.

Favorite Dish: The food is standard Lebanese fare, nice lentil soup, mezze, good salads and well-cooked grills. You can be served wine with your meal

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Palmyra restaurant: Where can I eat? Food problems in Baalbeck

by call_me_rhia Written Jan 12, 2004
    fave - in italian

Food problems in Baalbeck: we tried several restaurants and none of them looked like a restaurant. We were not tempted. The other option would have been some sort of fast-food-lookalike places - once again we were not tempted. At that point we were getting desperate - and especially hungry... until we had a brilliant idea: the Palmyra Hotel would surely have a restaurant. It did, indeed, and it looked magnifically decandent... as if only ghosts have been eating there in the past 100 years. OK, we said...

Favorite Dish: Simple food, like the usual kebabs and mezzes... at the start of our meal we were brought a huge plate of veggies... and equally huge was the fruit bowl we were given at the end of our meal. The best, however was the... hummus! The best hummus I have ever had - delicious and not swimming in oil!

Instant Answers: Baalbeck

Comments

Baalbeck Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Baalbeck restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baalbeck sightseeing.