Jbail Transportation

• Transportation
    by stappm
    The harbour in Jbail (Byblos)
    by MalenaN
    Modern Jbail
    by MalenaN

Most Recent Transportation in Jbail

• stappm's Profile Photo

Taxi to Byblos from Beirut

by stappm Written Jan 19, 2006

The 1st time I went to Byblos, I had a Taxi pick me up from my hotel in Beirut and take me to my hotel in Byblos. It was approx $32 USD. It took approx 2 hours as it was in prime traffic. Traffic out of Beirut can be very difficult in the afternoons during the summer/sunny months.

Thank goodness i had a map and precise directions of where I wanted to go, as once we arrived in Byblos/Jbail the Taxi driver wanted to take me to a different hotel - one where I am sure he would get some sort of kick back. After demanding to go to the Byblos Sur Mer, I finally arrived.

The last few times I have gone to Byblos, I have rented my own car. Driving outside of Beirut is much easier then within beirut, but I have an entire post on that as well.

Good Luck and Happy Travels!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Boat trip

by MalenaN Written Apr 24, 2005

The harbour in Jbail (Byblos)

In the harbour in Jbail (Byblos) there are a few boats for sightseeing.
    When I was there my second time I think the waves were to high for the boats to go on a tour, but a group with school children came and probably they had been looking forward to the tour. The boats with the school children went back and forth through the harbour opening, jumping on the waves. Hearing their shouts and cheering I think they had a fun time.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Don't miss the stop

by MalenaN Written Apr 24, 2005

Modern Jbail

I went to Jbail (Byblos) twice. The first time was on my second day in Lebanon. I had the name Jbail written on a paper in Arabic and said to the driver where I wanted to go.
    There are a lot of buildings along the coast north of Beirut and difficult to see where one town ends and the other starts. I never saw a sign saying Jbail. After some time I started to get worried that the bus already had passed Jbail (it stops along the highway) and I saw a sign saying Amchit. So, we had already passed Jbail. The driver stopped the bus, gave me the 1000 LL back and pointed to the other side of the road. I didn't have to wait many minutes before a bus came and took me to Jbail.

To go to Byblos you can take any bus from Charles Helou Station, Beyrouth, going north to Trablous (Tripoli) and ask to be dropped at Jbeil. Summer 2002 the price was 1000 LL.

• Sambawalk's Profile Photo

Beirut - Byblos

by Sambawalk Written Nov 28, 2004

You can take the Tripoli Express Bus from charles Helou Station and ask the driver to drop you off at the highway exit to Byblos. It is only 0.5 KM to the ruins and old town. (Be sure the driver understands your request) The costs is 2,000LL (Nov 04), the same price to Tripoli.

When you return, it may be a bit tricky as you need to go back to the highway and hail for any buses going to Beirut direction. There are many buses, big or small. The minibus charges only 1,000 LL. However, they mostly terminate at Dawra, which is about 7 KM from Charles Helou.

Instant Answers: Jbail

Comments

Jbail Transportation

Reviews and photos of Jbail transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jbail sightseeing.