Al Buraymi Travel Guide

• Things to Do

Al Buraymi Things to Do

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

by machomikemd Written Dec 5, 2013

like what i've said, when you booked a desert safari tour from dubai, the direct route going to hatta which is about an hour drive from downtown dubai via Highway E 44 will cross into the Al Buraymi District of Oman and the highway becomes Highway 5 for a few kilometers and you will be inside oman without a visa! albeit there is nothing to see but the multi lane highway and the barb wire fences that separate the highway to the endless expanse of the Omani part of the Arabian Desert. then after a few minute, you will cross back to UAE in the Dubai Emirate town of Hatta, which is the gateway for the Desert Safari

.there is a flyover along the Highway 5 that turns going to the Omani City of Al Buraymi which is beside the UAE City of Al Ain, but there is an immigration post where you need to show your passport if you turn to this road.

• Desert
    • Adventure Travel

• HyperFredde's Profile Photo

by HyperFredde Written May 14, 2009

Staying in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and being close to the Sultanate of Oman me and my travel company decided to go to the dessert city of Al Ain, UAE and cross the border to Oman. Normally when entering Oman you will have to apply for a visa but according to our guide it was possible to enter Oman with a visa if only visiting the city of Al Buraymi. So we went to the Hili border by cab from the Al Ain bus station, showed our passports and entered Oman.

The Omani side of the border felt less green, less rich and for us - even more exotic! We took a cab to our final destination - Al Khandaq Fort. It was very peaceful, we seemed to be the only visitors at the time. We stayed for maybe 45 minutes to take some pictures, breathe the Omani air and feel alive. Afterwards we hade lunch at a place nearby, then back to the Emirates as there was much more to see.

• Al Buraymi Hotels

0 Hotels in Al Buraymi

Al Buraymi Local Customs

• DAO's Profile Photo

by DAO Updated Apr 30, 2012

This is a real shame. I was able to walk here – into Oman – for free from Al Ain in the UAE. I though that was really cool. There used to be no border here. There is now! So if you want to run between the borders like I did you will probably have to pay a fee of about $20 coming into Oman. Doing the reverse and going into the UAE may be free. If you have a visa from the Gulf area you may pay nothing. The rules change so be prepared. It just isn’t free and easy anymore.

Shame.

Al Buraymi Favorites

• by daveindubai Written Oct 7, 2006

Favorite thing: This is very important if you try to cross this border.
    I was driven to the border by an Omani who left me at the Omani side (naturally).
    I had expected transport to pick me up on the UAE side.
    I walked through the Omani checkpoint with my bags and baggages which weighed a ton with books and documents etc. Incrediblly I then had to walk for the best part of two miles hrough a no-mans-land with the temperature at 42 degrees. Not a single Omani stopped to help.
    I was in this Nether Land and just looked for the next place ahead that could provide shade (like a very rare tree) and aimed myself there. It took me an hour to get to the first of four UAE checkpoints where they all waived me aside in favour of the cars that were coming through. The only thing that drove me o n was the thought of that air conditioned vehicle waiting for me.
    Alas, I arrived but there was no car and the driver's cell phone was "out of range". Also, I was severely dehydrated and craving a cigarette but this was mid-morning in the middle of Ramadan. There was no shelter and no respite. After numerous, increasingly cantankerous calls to Dubai, I was rescued and fou nd my way home.

Instant Answers: Al Buraymi

Comments

Al Buraymi Travel Guide
Map of Al Buraymi