Muscat Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Muscat

• MartinW31's Profile Photo

Camilia Cafe Restaurant: The Best Turkish Cuisine in Muscat

by MartinW31 Written Apr 11, 2013

This place is wonderful for getting Turkish food. I always get the Turkish Kebab or mixed grill. They have seafood, too. The staff is very punctual and professionals. The food is delicious and I enjoyed whatever I had. And it is super cheap..

Favorite Dish: Adana Turkish Kebab

• Cruise

• Ubhar Restaurant: Try traditional and infused Omani food

by UmNawaf Written Apr 12, 2012

Ubhar restaurant is a great place to experience Omani hospitality and cuisine. With tall windows overlooking the busiest street in Shatti Al Qurum, Ubhar is ideally located for those looking to attend one of the shows at the newly opened Royal Opera House.

Favorite Dish: Shuwaa sandwich Shuwaa beef with home made sun dried tomatoes on ciabatta bread.

• Luxury Travel

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Nice View Coffee Shop & Restuarant: Service with a smile here

by lynnehamman Written Dec 8, 2011

Called 'Nice View' Coffee Shop- not so sure about the view!
    However, we had a delicious meal here one hot evening, and the friendly service made up for the lack of a view.
    The food was typically Eastern- we had Beef kebabs, a selection of salads, chips (?) , and freshly baked Pita Bread with a selection of middle eastern dips. The Hoummous was particuarly good.
    Finished off with some ice cream and mint tea.
    Well worth a visit.

• Mumtaz Mahal: Bad choice

by Wasfi65 Written Aug 18, 2011

It was our Anniversary and we had our dinner in this restaurant, the surrounding/view was good so we thought we will have a good time. Then we entered a nicely lit place, the waiter was nice it was buffet style but the food was not as good as we thought it would be, the selection...the main course was acceptable, the salads has no taste, juices/ drinks was so minimal and the dessert?, well i thought there's another table b'coz it was not good at all.
    Service?, gosh someone keeps on collecting the plates that we got so annoyed, then this other waiter keeps an eye at customers how many times they fill their plates, well we have to keep on trying the other dish to find which one is better than the other. So really there's no anyting special 'bout this restaurant except for the price, it is expensive and for what????

• Grand Lounge Turkish Cuisine: The Best Turkish Restaurant in Oman!

by Johnoman Written Apr 24, 2011

My wife and I went to this Turkish restaurant. The food was excellent and the flavour was amazing. We had a nicely cooked fish and a kebab. The staff were great. We really enjoyed the food at the place and the service was very good. Should not be missed.

Keyword about Grand Lounge:

Great atmosphere, delicious food

Favorite Dish: Fish Kokorec, Fish Skewer and Iskender Kebap

• tamerinho's Profile Photo

Kargeen Caffe': A MUST try!

by tamerinho Updated Apr 4, 2011

Among the coolest and trendiest hangouts in Muscat.
    It is an open air restaurant/Caffe', with a couple of medium sized indoors halls.

They have a very rich menu fll of varieties, from Kebabs, to Rice, to Pizza to extravganza Salads and juices.

The service is unique, and the waiter/waitresses are dressed in an old Arabic/Ottoman Turkish traditonal way.

Portions are quite big, and out door setting is really cool.

In addition to normal tables, they have what they call "Arabic sitting" which some sort of wooden benches covered with carpets.

They also offer excellent varities of Tea in addition to Shisha (water pipe for those who are interested)

Favorite Dish: I tried so many dishes there, all are excellent.

Try also the Yemeni Tea (tea with cloves), very tasty.

Enjoy.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• JamillaCamel's Profile Photo

Mumtaz Mahal: Spicy Indian Delights in Muscat

by JamillaCamel Updated Apr 4, 2011

Mumtaz Mahal Indian restaurant sits on top of a hill overlooking the sea and Qurum Park, and there is live music most nights too. However, the views and music are not what set this restaurant apart--it's definitely the food.

Mumtaz Mahal specialises in North Indian, or Moghul cooking. Biryani, Tandoor specialities, and delicious breads characterise this style of cooking.

Favorite Dish: Having travelled around India, I have developed a fondness for really good Indian breads, and Mumtaz Mahal certainly delivers on the bread front. You can assemble your own bread basket with your choice of breads like Roti, Paratha, Chappati, Naan, etc. and each one is delicious.

Being a Mughlai-style restaurant, any dish with Tandoor meats that we've tried has been delicious.

An extensive ranger of Starters is offerred, and a good selection of Paneer dishes.

• Music

• Ali&Steve's Profile Photo

The Restaurant - The Chedi Hotel: Can't See What The Fuss Is About

by Ali&Steve Updated Apr 4, 2011

Thai Seafood Curry

As Ali & I live but a stone's throw from The Chedi Hotel and are also keen to sample different dining establishments, we have been trying to book The Restaurant for months. Unbelievably, it has a minimum one month waiting list for a table. That, and the much touted winning of the Oman Today Best International Restaurant, Best Ambience, and Best Service awards for 2004 (probably equivalent to the Bombay Star winning the best restaurant award in the Aberdeen Press & Journal for all its culinary value) leads one to think that this is one special Muscat Restaurant. So, I booked the table one month in advance and managed to get a 21.30 sitting (painful as work starts at 07.00).

Favorite Dish: The menu card is divided into 4 sections: Arabic, Mediterranean, Asian, and Indian. For Arabic, read Moroccan and Lebanese which is a bit of a misnomer really but there's no Trading Standards Office here. Mediterranean leans heavily towards fish dishes and pizza whilst Asian (read Thai), and Indian focus on the meat curries. The ambience is reasonable, albeit a little cavernous, and far from intimate. The 4 cooking areas for each type of cuisine is an interesting feature if you happen to get a seat facing one. Service was good with the staff being very attentive. In summary, I can only offer that the prolonged wait for a table is caused by the hotel giving priority to residents who would otherwise be marooned miles from any decent alternative eatery. It's good but nothing too special and, certainly, the Al Marjan restaurant at the Al Bustan Palace is equally as good and a more intimate venue for that meal a deux.

Pizza Express - Al Qurum Beach

by Ewingjr98 Updated Mar 10, 2011

Pizza Express was easily the best meal I had in nearly a week in Muscat. It is a modern restaurant, with great views of the beach, casual outdoor seating, and really good food. Pizza Express is a English company that has gone global, with some 300 restaurants, mostly in Europe and the Middle East.

The location at Al Qurum in Muscat is great--right on the beach with plenty our shady outdoor seating. I took a seat right by the water and was surrounded by a mix of local Omanis and Europeans. I started with a Diet Pepsi (.600 OMR), then I ordered the pizza diavolo with jalapeno peppers (4.000 OMR). The pizza took only about 20 minutes, and arrived hot and fresh. I enjoyed my pie while I soaked up the sun and enjoyed watching a few people fly kites on the beach.

Highly recommended.

Trader Vic's -- InterContinental Hotel

by Ewingjr98 Updated Mar 10, 2011

Trader Vic's is a small, but global chain of Polynesian-themed restaurants with a variety of Chinese, Japanese, Polynesian, Vietnamese, Thai, French, and Californian foods. The restaurant is inspired by an Oakland restaurant dating back to 1934, owned by a man named Victor J. "Trader Vic" Bergeron, though I'd bet he'd hardly recognize his namesake restaurant. Trader Vic is also credited with inventing the Mai-Tai drink.

The Muscat, Oman location sits right beside the InterContinental hotel, right along the beach in Muscat. We arrived one busy even, but were fortunate to find parking right out front. We were quickly seated, and we ordered drinks, then the waitress decided to move use 15 feet to another table because someone had supposedly reserved the table we were seated in... very lame. She later got very annoyed when we asked to split the bill, so we could pay separately with credit cards. Sorry, I didn't know.

For dinner I had a Szechuan prawn dish along with a few Singaporean Tiger Beers. The food was really spicy and with lots of shrimp and veggies. Not too bad, and much more food for the Rial than the steak dishes. Unfortunately, when it came time to pay and leave, it took us 15 minutes to flag down a waitress and get our bill so we could get to the airport.

The bill was a very expensive 17.784 OMR ($46 US) for a cheap entree and two beers. The Szechuan prawns were 10.000 Rials, the Stella beers 2.600 Rials, and taxes/service charge a hefty 2.584 Rials.

Trader Vic's also runs the Senor Pico restaurant in the Muscat InterCon.

Meji's Aroy thai - near the InterContinental

by Ewingjr98 Updated Mar 10, 2011

The best meal I had in Muscat and in one of the nicer restaurants around. Plus the service was professional and courteous.

I arrived in the evening, and while the restaurant was quiet from the outside, inside was surprisingly busy. I asked for a quiet seat along the wall, facing the door, and the staff was happy to comply. I ordered a diet Coke since they don't offer beer outside of hotels.

I scanned the authentic menu full of Thai specialties and quickly decided on a beef an vegetable dish called Khao Suay. My meal took awhile to arrive, but the waiter was friendly and the food, when I did get a chance to try it, was good. Certainly not the best Thai food ever, but I've never had this dish before, so not much to compare it to.

My meal cost a total of 6.320 Rials ($16.50 US), 3.800 Rice for the main dish, 1.200 Rials for the side of white rice, .800 Rials for the Diet Coke, and taxes of .520 Rials.

Tomato Restaurant - InterContinental Hotel

by Ewingjr98 Updated Mar 6, 2011

Tomato, the InterContinental's poolside restaurant, has plenty of casual outdoor seating and decent Italian and Mediterranean pastas and pizzas, but it suffers from terrible service and steep prices. The atmosphere here is great--an open air dining area set among palm trees and bikinis. Tomato features dishes like Gnocchi and pizza, most featuring the tomato as a key ingredient.

I arrived for a late lunch, and the restaurant was very busy. The host seated me at a table off on the side, which was perfect. Then I waited at least 20 minutes for a waiter. Finally I waived one down and asked for a beer and a menu. I decided on the pizza margarita, which arrived pretty quickly and was tasty, but it did cost OMR 7 ($15 US). After I finished eating I again had to seek out a waitress to get me another beer, then I had to track down a waiter just to pay.

Automatic Restaurant - Lebanese Food

by Ewingjr98 Updated Mar 2, 2011

The McDonalds of the Middle East... crappy food, cheap, low quality, poor service.

I had a schwarma here one evening for dinner. It was cheap, just a Rial or two, and it arrived pretty quickly, but it smelled like dog, and it was small, fatty, and oily. The pickled carrots and olives were overpowering and rubbery. I thought it was horrible, but at least it wasn't another 30 Rial meal in the InterContinental Hotel down the street.

• RebeccaTravels's Profile Photo

Pizza Express Shati Qurum: Pizza and a view

by RebeccaTravels Updated Jan 25, 2011

Best pizza you can get in Muscat!! Make sure you go when the weather is nice so that you can outside on the beach.

Favorite Dish: I don't eat red meat so I usually get the wheat dough vegetable pizza. The chocolate cake is awesome too.

• RebeccaTravels's Profile Photo

Gulf Pomegranate Iranian Restaurant: Everybody loves lamb

by RebeccaTravels Updated Jan 25, 2011
    Delicious grilled fare

It's real Iranian food. The best in town. At first glance you think that you are in the wrong place or on your way you think that you are lost. The restaurant's location is not typical of most restaurants in Muscat which are mainly in Qurum or Khuwair. But, once you taste the food, you forget the outside world. During lunch I noticed that the views of the surrounding rugged hills can be peaceful. It's a cozy establishment run by the owner. My sensitive tummy gave this place a thumbs up.

Favorite Dish: Hands down the lamb kebabs get the vote. The Persian rice with the dried berries, pistachios and almonds is really different. The aroma of the saffron on the rice is intoxicating. The hummus is the best I've tasted since I had the Greek version in Toronto. The salad dressing is not the ready-made bottled kind and taste really light. The prices are really reasonable too.

Instant Answers: Muscat

Comments

Muscat Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Muscat restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Muscat sightseeing.