Khasab Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Khasab

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Golden Tulip: Pricey but very good buffet with a view

by travelmad478 Written Jan 19, 2014

The Golden Tulip hotel, just outside town on the road that heads back to the UAE, is your only fine-dining option in Khasab. It's not expensive by big-city standards, but it's by far the most expensive (and best) place to eat in the Musandam Peninsula. I went there for the buffet barbecue that they have a few days a week, and sat out on the terrace. The food was quite good, and you can really stuff yourself on fresh seafood, grilled meats, salads, and lots of other things. This is also probably the only place in town you can get a glass of wine (although I can't speak for the quality).

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Diamond Plate Restaurant: A little bit of Bangladesh

by travelmad478 Updated Feb 28, 2013

It is not an easy thing to find a place to eat lunch in this town, particularly if you are a woman by herself. I drove around and looked at pretty much every place in Khasab before settling on the Diamond Plate. When I walked in it was populated by about a dozen Bangladeshi men, all of whom were consumed by breaking news on Bengali TV, and as such didn't have much interest in turning around to stare at me. Most of the way through my meal, I was the only person in the restaurant actually eating, or even drinking. Well, it was a decent lunch--a very fiercely grilled chicken breast and wing on a huge plate of rice, with salad and a bowl of vegetable soup and a bottle of water, for AED 11. The owner of the restaurant, also from Bangladesh, sat down and talked to me while I was eating. He also runs Khasab Travel & Tours and has been living in Khasab for 20 years.

my meal at the Diamond Plate

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Cappucino Resturant-Golden Tulip Hotel Khasab: Location Location

by lynnehamman Updated Apr 14, 2010

There are not very good restuarants in Khasab- this one is worth a visit just for the view.
    We had lunches and a few early dinner snacks at this restuarant, which is one of a few at Golden Tulip. The location is wonderful- it commands a view of the whole bay- the hotel is perched on a rocky outcrop. Cappucino is situated on a terrace, overlooking the pool and ocean.
    We both ate mainly salads, which were crisp and tasty, served with 3 types of still warm crusty breads. I also had Tuna Melt & Salad- loaded with Blue-cheese dressing one afternoon. Fruit juices were tasty, ice cold and there was a choice of many. The Watermelon juice was excellent.
    Atmosphere here could have been serene, with just the sound of the sea- unfortunately the proximity of the pool prevents that. There were some 15 Western tourists, all baked lobster red, lying around the pool and talking very loudly, also some screaming kids in the kiddie pool.
    The service is good, and the waiter spoke good English. He was friendly and attentive to us, without being obtrusive. Teas ( a variety of) , coffees are good, but alchohol is only served after 6pm.
    The food here was not cheap- but it is, after all, a Resort restuarant- and nothing much in Oman is cheap anyway. Well worth it though.

Favorite Dish: Salad Nicoise, without a doubt- best I have tasted yet.
    The Apple Pie (served warm and with wicked fresh cream) was a favourite for Richard.
    Tuna Melts were vwey tasty too- the cheese very tangy, and served with a green salad.

VIEW FROM CAPPUCINO RESTUARANT SALAD NICOISE VIEW OF ANOTHER DINING AREA AT hOTEL
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Photography
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Various restaurants

by asitava Written Oct 1, 2007

There are a few Indian and Arabic restaurants at the city center. I have seen mostly single men having food there. No family or women. We used to take away food from there. Khasab is a small town and hence restaurants are nothing to write about

Instant Answers: Khasab

Comments

Khasab Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Khasab restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Khasab sightseeing.