Bethlehem Restaurants

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Bethlehem Peace Restaurant: Bethlehem Peace Restaurant

by mindcrime Written May 21, 2014
    Bethlehem Peace Restaurant

Located right on Manger square we decided to stop here for a while have something light. It’s a touristic spot but very convenient right on the main square (opposite church of Nativity), obviously the prices on the high level comparing to other cheap arab options into the city. Most customers were tourists of course. Service was slow but we enjoyed the outside seating (which is shaded by plants) as our batteries were charged before we keep walking into the old city.

We had a Falafel sandwich (with salad) and drunk a coke (8nis) and a Palestinian beer (25nis), although I like to taste local beers (and in this case to support local economy) this was probably one of the worst beers I ever tasted :) The falafel was just mediocre. The menu was typical with not many Palestinian choices. You can have soup (18nis), salads (24nis), palestian meals (from20nis), hamburger (35nis) or main dishes (52-58nis)
    The bill came at 58nis.

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Bethlehem Panorama Tent: Palestinian Cuisine and More

by machomikemd Written Sep 28, 2013

The Bethlehem Panorama Tent Restaurant is one of the popular restaurant places in Bethlehem as the restaurant is situated at the 3rd floor of the Bethlehem Mall and sits next to it's sister restaurants, the Crystal Jade and Ballroom Restaurant and The Square Restaurant. The restaurant provides sweeping views of the Judean Mountains and the Hills around Bethlehem and is owned by a Greek Orthodox Palestinian American who also owns a Christian Souvenir Shop at Manger Street. The cuisine here is typical Palestinian food with Lebanese, Jordanian and Turkish Influences and the selection is extensive.

you can also smoke a shisha and drink beer as this place doubles as a bar at night.

opens: 11:00 am to 12:00 am everyday

Favorite Dish: well the assorted mezze platers are included in the set meal and the lamb, chicken and beef kebabs here are authentic and are delicous too. the turkish baclava dessert is also good.

average price of a set meal without drinks is NIS 50 per person.

according to their website:

Discover why The Bethlehem Panorama tent is the perfect choice for your hangout,
    The Bethlehem Panorama Tent situated on the roof of the central bus station over looking
    the shepherd fields and the Nativity church,
    the restaurant sleek a traditional tent décor with deep rich furnishing,
    along with rare atmosphere.

When you enter the place you will feel that you are in a one thousand and one Arabian nights
    due to the luxurious furnishing but yet feel that you are still in a tent in the desert with the perfect view,
    We have a selection of traditional meals such as Musakhan, Fukhara, Mansaf, stuffed sheep
    and of course mixed grills and Fish,
    for those of you who are only out for a night snack we have a large variety of appetizers served
    with the freshly baked bread in house (Shrak and Taboun) & Our Special Fresh Hubbly Bubbly To ease your mood.
    and to let for last and not least the home made baklava or kunafa.

The Best in Town, Try it For Yourself, & Decide.

Spaces are limited due to the high demand.

• Beer Tasting

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Abu George's Reem Al-Bawadi: a very friendly Palestinian bar & restaurant

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 28, 2012

A very friendly restaurant/bar some 15 minutes walk from Manger square, in the new part of town... far enough to discourage tourists from going there. We had a wonderful evening, which ended up with people shouting "viva Italia, viva Palestina".

Favorite Dish: We had a nargileh from heaven: green apple and mint! Recommended! Also, we had Taybeh beer (the only Palestinian beer) and a cup of camomille.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

stars and bucks: creative spoofing

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 28, 2012

Talking a walk from Manger square towards the modern city I happened to see a Starbucks cafe and wondered… geez, even here? It took a better observant husband to notice it was actually a creative spoofing called Stars and Bucks, a Palestinian-run café chain with its green logo modeled after the American Starbucks company. Of course I had to take a picture! The owner, Raed Arafat, has other branches in Ramallah and possibly in Nablus (though I could not verify this).

Favorite Dish: Other than Sterbucks-like coffees, teas and so on… you should stop by for a unique un-Starbucks experience: stop and smoke a regular shisha or fresh shishas!

• blanter's Profile Photo

Restaurant Tel-Star: Restaurant Tel-Star

by blanter Written Mar 18, 2005

There is a lot of place to eat in Bethlehem, for instance along the main street (Pope Paul VI), I have randomly chosen one, which was good.

Favorite Dish: I took showarma and pressed orange juice. Especially juice was very good. The total cost is NIS 12 = Eur 2 (Mar 2005).

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo

The Good Shepherd: Fun Atmosphere, Great Narghila!

by jadedmuse Written Feb 11, 2004

Now that's one BIG pipe!

What I liked about this place was the people watching, which ranged from Palestinian families out for dinner, to businessmen sharing a smoke after their meal. There appeared to be an area for entertainment - but nothing was going on the night we were there. I did notice how everyone was intent on watching a big screen TV toward the one side of the room - the volume was being projected throughout the restaurant....there was some kind of a talent game-show going on, broadcast from Beirut. Everyone really seemed to be into it.

I went with my friend Barbara and her Arabic teacher Nassra, and Nassra's niece Radir. Radir had just moved back from Jordan.

Nassra is a big fan of smoking narghila - whenever and wherever she feels like it. This is somewhat unusual behavior for an Arabic female - but then Nassra moves to her own beat and is not easily intimidated. She's a wonderful non-conformist. We stayed at her condo in Bethlehem. She was a gracious hostess and I have warm memories of our time with her.

Favorite Dish: Nassra ordered just about everything off the menu for us, so we shared all of our dishes which was really nice.

I lost count of how many Narghilas we smoked, but I do know that the "Double Apple" is my favorite of the tobacco flavors!

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

Casa Nova: All included

by traveloturc Written Feb 27, 2008

casa nova

This sympatic cafe bar restaurant etc is situated in Manger square and its nice spot to savour a Coffee ..If you are used to you can try the cofee with kakule ( aromatic)

Instant Answers: Bethlehem

Comments

Bethlehem Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bethlehem restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bethlehem sightseeing.