Transportation from Jerusalem to Bethlehem
This is what I did (March 2005).
1. Take the bus from Damascus gate to one of Bethlehem checkpoints (there are several options, depending on the checkpoint). Costs less than NIS 10 (Eur 2).
2. Cross the checkpoint by feet. You may or may not be asked to show your pasport.
3. Either walk to the Nativity Church (this is what I did, not more than a hour) or take a taxi - there are plenty of them at the Palestinian side. The price can be negociated down to NIS 50.
To go back, there is a large taxi stand in the town center, 10 minutes walk from the church. Otherwise, there are taxis just at the church entrance.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices