Doha Restaurants

• Smashing of dishes on the stage and dancing
    Smashing of dishes on the stage and...
  • The Night of Bouzouki at the Intercontinental
    The Night of Bouzouki at the...
    The Murgh Makhni Stew soup

Most Recent Restaurants in Doha

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Fish Market: Extravagant Dinning!

by greekcypriot Written Dec 11, 2013

I dropped by during my stay at the Intercontinental Hotel but I cannot say that I have tried the cuisine of the Fish Market. One of the reasons was that I had no idea that it belonged to the Intercontinental in the first place. You see, it is set on the beach and it is in a separate building at the other end of the premises.

I was told about it by Dionysios, the Greek Outlet Manager who offered to accompany us in a golf carriage cart to show us around a little before leaving Mykonos, the Greek Restaurant of the Intercontinental.

“The restaurant presents the day’s catch” were the words of Dionysios, the Outlet Manager.

Unfortunately we had to ride all the way back minutes after we got there. There was a call and Dionysios had to urgently get back because something came up unexpectedly. The wind had blown down part of the terrace tent of Mykonos so we followed him because it was already very late and the restaurant was about to close up for the night anyway.

From the little I have seen though, the restaurant has a stunning view of the dazzling skyline of Doha from its terrace. It seems to be an ideal spot for romantic and very special extravagant nights!

The interior is pleasant with a big display counter as you enter. Lobsters are alive and vegetables and fruit are fresh. I am sure if we had one more night at the Intercontinental we could have tried it too. Seeing all those fresh lobsters on display and the fresh vegetables it is not easy to resist. I will probably do it when back in Doha again.

The next day I was told by friends that the Fish Market Restaurant of the Intercontinental offers the best lobsters in the whole city.

Pity that I can give you all other information but I cannot comment on my dining experience out here although I know for sure that it would have been surely an expensive meal but totally satisfying.

Interior of the Fish Market Restaurant Live Lobsters on display Lobsters on display The Chefs in the kitchen and fish on display Fresh fish and expensive brands of wine

The AGORA -Grand Heritage Hotel's Restaurant: Turkish Family Dining Experience

by greekcypriot Written Jun 25, 2013

A few weeks ago I was on a business trip to Doha and we arranged with relatives who live there to visit the new restaurant of the Grand Heritage hotel. We made a reservation for 3 and it was nice to see friendly faces once again.

STAFF: Even if this review refers to the New Restaurant of the Grand Heritage Hotel, I have to admit that the staff of the hotel are all professionals and it is the kind of staff that all hotels and restaurants would wish to have.

SERVICE: Impeccable and Unparalleled service.

INTERIOR: What impresses you most upon entering is its noble and glamorous interior that travels and guarantees a unique dining experience.

CUISINE: The head Chef of the restaurant is a very charismatic and talented young professional whose origin is from Turkey. Emre Gok managed to unite cultures and cuisines on his enticing menu. The sophisticated Turkish cuisine is fused with modern Balkan, and Mediterranean flair. I have always loved the Turkish cuisine because it is rich in flavours and enriched by exquisite tastes.

MENU: The menu of the restaurant is interesting and the Chef has set impressive standards. I already know the other two restaurants of the Hotel ‘Flavours’ and the ‘Blue’ that they are good but I find this one Outstanding! People prefer it because the quality of the products and the cuisine are outstanding.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: I highly recommend it for a romantic outing, a special occasion or a friendly gathering. I found the menu superb in every aspect. I would call our dinner outing –a Delectable Banquet.

Thank you guys for the exceptional in every way night. See you all in my coming trip to Doha. Till then keep the good work up to the high standards that you have already achieved!
    You deserve a big BRAVO.

What we had - heavenly! Interior of Agora Turkish kebab

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Al Tawash: One of the big players at Souq Waqif

by Airpunk Written May 14, 2013

Not bad, but I probably not the place I was looking for on that evening. I noticed too late that I was underdressed for such kind of place. The atmosphere is very pompous giving you the feeling of dining out in an Ottoman palace. Staff is very friendly and welcoming.

The dish was well prepared, but had a taste I did not like. Unfortunately, I can't tell you which dish it was, I just remember that it was quite sour. And beside that, I ordered the alcohol free beer. Trust me, it has nothing to do with beer and not even with alcohol free beer as you can buy it in Europe.

I do not want to make this place sound bad. It is good for a fomal dinner, a romantic one, groups and families. But if you are not lucky ordering your dish and expect a different kind of atmosphere, you wish yourself back into the queue of a Shoarma shop. Still, I gave the restaurant a good mark - it was very good, but just not what I expected.

Anyway, just for information: Al Tawash means pearl trader and is not only a hint to the tradition of pearl trade but also to the prices. As the restaurant is located right in the middle of Souk Waqif, its prices are not the cheapest ones.

Al Tawash restaurant Al Tawash during dayime (right)

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Halul Café: Old Style Seaside Café

by Airpunk Written May 13, 2013

I hope that this unique combination of traditional café with a seaside view survives for a long time here in Doha.This place seems to be from another time when fishermen and pearl divers were the backbone of Doha's industry and they met here after a day on sea. Today, the audience still consist mainly of locals an immigrants from muslim countries. It is the kind of place where men meet to drink tea, have a chat and play backgammon. At the time of my visit, I was the only westerner and there was not a single woman. Still, I didn't feel out of place and were treated as welcoming as every other guest in here. I really recommend this place to get an impression of how Doha must have been a couple of decades ago. Have a cup of tea, enjoy the atmosphere and have a look over the old harbour.

Halul Caf�� Halul Caf�� View from Halul Caf��

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

AGORA - The New Restaurant of Grand Heritage Hotel: Don't Miss This New Signature Restaurant!

by greekcypriot Updated Mar 31, 2013

The “Agora” Restaurant is having its Grand opening in April, (a week from today).

The restaurant is the new gem of the Grand Heritage Hotel and the Executive Chef is a friend of mine.
    His name is Emre, he comes from Turkey and he is very talented.

Emre’s cuisine is unbeatable. My friend unites cultures and cuisines on his enticing menu, transforming Turkish dishes with contemporary twists.

During our stay at the Heritage we tried several of his dishes at the “Blue Restaurant” where Emre was previously working.
    As a Food fanatic that I am I urge people visiting Doha to drop by and dine here.

The cuisine is inspired by a blend of light spice from the Ottoman Imperial Court era, cuisine from the Black Sea region influenced by Balkan cookery, and there are also dishes with Mediterranean touches.

The new Chef who is the Manager of "Agora" is also named Emre but I don’t know him as yet.

The Executive Chef of the New Agora Restaurant

Al-Tawash: Local Cuisine at its finest

by mikey_e Written Nov 27, 2012

I know that I usual eschew tourist-trap restaurants, but the problem is that it is often so hard to find restaurants serving Gulf cuisine that aren't tourist traps unless you have lived in a country for a good year or more. This restaurant was not all that bad as far as tourist trap place go. That is, it was kitschy, but the food was tasty and fresh, and the wait staff were pleasant and helpful. It was a bit of a letdown that they served at tables (on the floor would have been more authentic), but at least the dishes and the flavours were what I had expected. The prices, too, were surprisingly reasonable for a touristy restaurant in the souq.

Favorite Dish: My favourite Gulf dish is maraq al-samak, or fish stew, but they didn't have it on the menu. Instead, I opted for the fish biryani, which is typical of the hybrid South Asian-Iranian-Arab cuisine prominent in the Gulf. The fish was fresh, the rice was not overcooked, and the only thing that it could have done with was a bit more seasoning.

Al Tawash Restaurant The dining room Reception area

Mamig Armenian Kitchen: A unique experience

by mikey_e Written Nov 27, 2012

The vast majority of Armenians in the Gulf countries come from Lebanon or Syria, and thus their food is essentially diaspora Armenian food. This means that the menu at Mamig contains a great many dishes that resemble Lebanese food, but that have a specific twist to them. Mamig is a bit of a show restaurant, and the reason for that is its location in Katara, amongst a variety of other establishments that are wholly intended to be frequented by tourists. Of course, this is Qatar, not Dubai, and so the set-up is meant to be tasteful and elegant, with a bit of kitsch.

Favorite Dish: I am a bit believer in sujuk, which is a spicy sausage made from lamb and beef; try it with humus. Also, as a main dish, try the ra'as al-asfour, or the head of the sparrow. It sounds disgusting, but it's actually kebab in a cherry sauce, and combines the savoury richness of beef or lamb with the tart sweetness of cherries.

Mamig Restaurant The wheel out front Sign for Mamig Mamig in Armenian

Armani Café: Luxury Cuisine

by mikey_e Written Nov 27, 2012

Yes, it's true that the main reason for visiting this particular restaurant is to say that you've been to the Armani Café. After all, this is owned by a fashion house, not by some famous chef. Despite that, the Armani Cafés (I've been to one in Doha and one in Saigon) offer delicious meals with quality ingrediants. After a disastrous meal at Nando's Chicken (where the chicken appears to have been frozen since Gulf War I), I decided that I deserved something slightly better quality. The wait staff were curteous and the menu had variety without having too much variety. The interior of the café (it's too hot to sit outside during the day) affords beautiful views out onto the Marina and the Gulf.

Favorite Dish: I had a carpaccio and then risotto. While neither was mindblowing, they were both well prepared and flavourful, which is already a big step up from most Italian food available in the Gulf.

Armani Caf��

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

The Blue: Amazing Cuisine, Impeccable Service, Classy!

by greekcypriot Updated Nov 24, 2012

The Blue is one of the two Signature Restaurants of the Grand Heritage Hotel with a classy touch of glamour and style. (The other one is the Flavours Restaurant). The Blue is very popular to local food lovers and it fames for its first class steaks and sushi. The guest has the choice of dining indoors or outdoors and during our 3 night stay we had the opportunity to try both.

The elegant environ of the interior has several features in blue which match perfectly with the oozing sophisticated charm of the leather seats and machogany tables. The blue here represents the colour of the planet Eath and this is how the restaurant got its name.

The alfresco is on the spacious open terrace lounge of the hotel and it is very popular during the cooler months of the year. It has a gazebo overlooking the neighboring Aspire Park and it is amazing how it is fitted out with perfect lighting fixtures enhancing the elegant Victorian architecture of this amazing Hotel.

The Blue offers diners the opportunity to preview the food before placing the order through the new iMenus.

The night we had our dinner there was no live music on but still the soft music playing was so pleasing to our ears creating a romantic ambience. Live music performances however from Carlo Bellini are on Tuesdays through Sundays starting from 8:00 pm.

Last year the Blue won the Best Sushi Award for its sushis and makis at the IHR Food Exhibition. I surely wanted to try some makis so I did and I got the most amazing presentation in a crystal narrow platter with 7 different ones. I started tasting but I could not leave behind not even a bite for my husband to taste. I loved all of them as each was unique in its kind so we had to ask for a second platter that night. Qr.110.

Another night we sat at the open terrace with the scenic view of the Aspire Park which was full of lights and players were out there playing.
    Earlier I had a stroll in the park and I was amazed of how birds were singing out there. Well, this second night we had the Pumpkin Curry soup for a starter which we found delicious. I love curry but I had never imagined that I could have all that flavour in a soup. This costs Qr.45.

We had the Salmon salad for Qr. 65, and accompanied our food with a Panna (large) Qr.25, and a Tom Yam drink for 48.
    My husband had the fillet for Qr.195 but I asked for the Seafood Platter which I found superb. It was accompanied with an asparagus salad and red grilled peppers …another amazing dish full of colour and taste.
    This costs Qr.250. I finished with a glass of fresh Orange Juice for Qr.35.

Throughout our stay at the Grand Heritage we had the opportunity to try the Flavours restaurant as well. I admit that in both restaurants every dish was exceptional with superior ingredients of the highest quality and taste. The service was impeccable and the waiters one better than the other. All dishes were nicely cooked and prepared right the moment of the order, - not to mention the nice presentation which at times the plate looked like work of art!

If you are after good food, the highest quality and taste this is the right spot for you. Enjoy every bite and let the menu and music travel you.

The Blue restaurant overlooking the Aspire Park The Seafood platter View of the Aspire from the Blue Fillet and Jacket Potato Dining at the Blue

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Three Sixty -Torch Restaurant: Dining with a Difference-It has it ALL!

by greekcypriot Updated Nov 24, 2012

The Aspire Zone is the triumphant symbol of Qatar’s sporting heritage. It is a huge site (250 hectare) and I could easily refer to it as the majestic Sports city of Doha. You can walk, have a stroll or dine next to Top star international athletes! In this area there are two of the most popular yet very different in style between them hotels.

The Torch sits on the very heart of the Aspire Zone and we had the opportunity to visit it both in the day and also at night with all those lights on. It is a haven for the discerning traveler, the sportsman, businessman or the one who seeks tranquility and relaxation in luxury and wellbeing.

Located on the 47th floor of The Torch the Three Sixty revolving restaurant offers a panoramic view that simply takes your breath away and it is unlike any other in Qatar. It is not more expensive than other 5* restaurants in Doha and definitely it’s worth coming up here even for once. Indeed a bargain to what it offers!

If you plan dining at the restaurant I suggest making reservations especially if you plan coming on a Friday or Saturday. These two nights the restaurant keeps really busy.

The list on the menu was long, and there were several promotions like the Norway Trout with appetizers and main courses, or the Italian Regional Food promotion based on platters from famous regions of Italy like Toscana, Lazio, Campagna and Sicilia, and the list went on and on with anything you can imagine.

It was our last night at Doha and we decided to have some Oriental food at the beginning so we asked for the Oriental Mezzeh platter. This was at Qr. 65 and there were appetizers like hummus, tabouleh, aubergine salad, staffed vine leaves, marinated feta kobebeh, samosa and garlic shrimps. The platter was so beautifully presented that I could not resist take a picture of it. The salads were freshly cut and the ingredients of the highest quality.

My main course was the Parmesan Chicken for Qr.95. It was delicious. The Pan-fried chicken breasts were accompanied with parmesan cream sauce and mushroom risotto but I asked for some asparagus which were added as well.
    My husband was delighted with his Spaghetti Carbonara. I try to avoid creamy and fatty staff but out of curiosity I tried it and found it irresistible. Qr.90.

We finished our meals with a platter of all kinds of fresh berries for me, so nicely presented that looked like piece of art and a sweet dainty morsel that my husband appreciated a lot.

Every single dish we had in this accolade quality restaurant was of superior ingredients. I believe a meal out here guarantees nothing but the best. Before leaving I felt that I had to meet the chef and congratulate him personally for his amazing cuisine. It was an exceptional dining experience and I also met the f&b manager who joined us for a while. Both Mr. Mohamed and Mr. Zaid Jana make a dynamic team and there is such a good climate among the people in the cuisine he was telling me, simply because they love what they do, which in turn creates this high level of professionalism that delivers results.

Have in mind that no alcoholic drinks are served out here but there is a variety of ‘moktails’ to meet the need and preference of the most demanding guest. I am very picky when it comes to wine and I match the right wine with the appropriate dish but honestly I did not miss the wine this time. The ‘moktails I had were of exquisite taste…. just as good.

The service was impeccable, the restaurant had a classy touch of glamour and style, the atmosphere romantic with the piano playing classic ballads, and from up there we had the most stunning view of the town. What else could one want! It is a restaurant that has it all.

The platter with the fresh berries! The restaurant in daytime A dainty morsel The chef with us The Aspire park and the Torch -afternoon stroll

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

The Lagoon - Ritz Carlton: High Quality Cuisine!

by greekcypriot Written Nov 20, 2012

Well, Wednesday the 31st the day of the Halloween celebrations and here at the Ritz there is this holiday atmosphere. We come down the stairs and the first thing we see are happy children dressed up in their costumes, faces painted and a lovely seating dining corner with colourful chairs and little tables. Children seem to have finished their meal and they were all around having fun…luckily not in the Lagoon!
    A happy and festive atmosphere indeed and even waiters were in their costumes with lots of makeup and colour on their face.

The Lagoon restaurant is by all means impressive. The design and décor the colour …everything. The room is huge and it is very high with huge flower pots scattered here and there. Light was very faint matching with the day….halloween!

When it comes to accommodation and I am travelling I am out for the very best and as far as food is concerned I can try everything (even a bite) just for the experience but again I expect the best quality and taste coming out of fresh ingredients. The nice presentation is also the other factor and at the Lagoon this special Halloween night everything was exceptional and exceeded our expectations. Indeed a lavish buffet one that I will remember.

The Admiral’s Club is more on the a la carte menu but it was booked for a private party that evening. Its seafood platter of lobster, prawns, fish and squid is outstanding and that was what I would have picked if I were there. It costs Qr. 260.

The Halloween dinner we had, even though it was a buffet it included sea food as well. What a nice surprise!!! You see there was a chef behind the bench in an open fire and he would cook for you anything you wanted to have out of the platter of fresh seafood (lobsters, prawns, squid or fish).
    The cost of our meal was (Qr.240) or Qr.315 with bubbly. We had 3 glasses of wine instead so it cost a bit more. (Kids under 4 can dine for free while for the ones who are 4 years to 12 the cost is Qr. 120.

There are several affordable packages for the coming Christmas holidays with special Theme nights for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve. I would certainly return if I were in Doha.

Buffet -salads Children's dining corner Lobster, prawns and salad Dining at the Ritz Carlton The chef at the Lagoon

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

"La Sahtaine" -Hilton: Dining here is an Experience You Will Cherish!

by greekcypriot Updated Nov 18, 2012

The dinner we had at the Le Sahtain restaurant of the Hilton is one to remember. The smart and chic La Sahtaine brasserie has a sophisticated atmosphere with live piano music and a tempting a la carte menu influenced by modern French and Mediterranean flair cuisine.

We booked for this specific meal much before we get to Doha while still in Greece. The Hilton has only recently opened its doors here in Doha and it is located in the heart of the Diplomatic district on the Corniche. A friend of ours who dined at the La Sahtaine a couple of weeks earlier recommended it to me because he knows how picky I am on food and how I love the fine wine. The new Hilton is only a 15 minute ride from the International Airport of Doha.

The hotel is impressive with style and glamour. The restaurant is on the upper floor with a sophisticated atmosphere and comfortable seating. As we were going up the stairs we came across an all-glass wine cellar which was really impressive. I have never seen something similar in other restaurants. The sommelier was telling us that the selection of wines is extensive here.

The lady playing the piano -some steps on the lower level by the glass cellar was playing throughout the evening some of the most beautiful pieces creating the perfect ambience for a romantic dinner.

With all the above it was a guarantee for an amazing outing and because we wanted it to be that special I asked to see the Chef of the cuisine who would recommend tonight’s dinner. In a while Mr. Beermann who is German showed up and greeted us in Greek. What a nice welcome and a surprise that was!

So our dinner was based on Seafood and as a very picky person I asked for a variety of “nothing but the best” and relied totally on the chef. (Prices are in Quatari Riyals per person).

We had a glass each of fresh with fruity notes sparkling French champagne. (The NV. Nicolas Feuillate, Brute Reserve from Epernay). The cost was 90 per glass.
    For a start we were brought a platter with varied bread rolls and crisps along with a nice creamy dip to accompany our champagne.

To accompany salads we had a bottle of Sauvinion 2011 blanc wine, (Nederburg) from South Africa for 225. We had 5 different signature samples of salads brought in a platter. Each one was of fresh superior ingredients of fine flavor and color, unique in its kind and so nicely presented! Mr. Beermann is an experienced chef coming from an industry where appearance and taste is paramount and has an eye for detail. We had the “Capress” salad for 55, Glazed Green Asparagus for 75, Poached Lobster Tail and Tiger Prawn for 95, Crab, tomato and Avocado Tian for 95, Thyme and Rosmary Flavoured Potato for 55.

I really love soups so next we had the Veloute Soup with fried garlic and fried sage leaves for 45. It was yummy!

Our Seafood platter included the Herb Crusted Fillet of White Snapper for 120, Chilean Seabass (A) baked in thyme for 160, the Fresh Mussels (A) 120, and the Butter Poached King Prawn with braised green celery, gratin potatoes and vanilla saffron sauce for 170. The taste, presentation and quality exceeded by far our expectations.

We had a bottle of Etheral & Delicate Wine. It was an exceptional 2010 Baron Phillipe de Rothschild, Mouton Cadet. –A Sauvinon blanc of fine taste which I can still remember.

Oh well, for dessert we had each the amazing Banana & Toffee “Napoleon” for 40. (Crusty puff sheets filled with toffee cream topped with caramelized banana slices). The second dainty morsel was the Mixed Berry cream Mess with “Meringue” Strawberry sauce for 45. Sugar was balanced and both dishes were unbeatable.

We had a sweet alcoholic beverage (Croft’s Tawny Port) for 35 to accompany the above desserts but we thought not to leave without trying at lease the Chocolate Mousse Cake that we always love so we had one that we shared. I felt for a moment guilty for the extra calories but the moment I tasted it I felt pleased that I had it.

From the style and ambience of the elegant dining room, to the delivery of unparalleled service, dedication to detail, makes every Le Sahtain experience one you will always cherish.
    I highly recommend it for both business and romantic outings. Guys, keep the good work up….you are the best!

Our Seafood platter Our Salad platter Celebrating a special date at the Sahtain -Hilton Dainty Morsel The La Sahtaine
    • Wine Tasting

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

"NUSANTAO" Restaurant - Four Seasons: 6 Region Cuisines of Exceptional Quality & Taste

by greekcypriot Updated Nov 16, 2012

I have always loved traditional cuisines and we had the opportunity to do it through Nusantao again this time in Doha. You see here one can experience the authentic traditional cuisines of Japan, China, India, the Middle East, Thailand and Indonesia. The Pan-Asian menu of the Nusantao places an emphasis on the traditional cuisine more than on novelty dishes, thus one can experience the very best of these 6 regions at the same restaurant even on the same day.

For those of you who wonder what the name of the restaurant means… Well it is actually a combination of the word ‘nusantara’ which means Archipelago. ‘Tao’ on the other hand is a Chinese word signifying way or direction –evokes the seafaring heritage of early Arab traders of pearls, gems, precious woods and spices, returning to the Gulf with luxurious goods and legendary tales. The fragrant spices at the “Sea Kitchens” of Nusantao are alive here with the rich culinary traditions and theatrical cooking techniques of the Far East.

We did want to explore all six cuisines ourselves and I thought to point out one or two vegetables I like more and then relied completely on what Mijonur recommended. From the moment I referred to what I like he knew exactly the appropriate dish suitable for us. (I am probably spelling the name wrongly) Mijonur and the rest are a group of professionals well versed on how to recommend the appropriate dishes depending on the likes of their guests. I find this incredible! We asked for different dishes in smaller portions so that in a way have the opportunity to taste as more as possible. From that point on we let the menu travel us. We did the same for wine and let the sommelier check the menu and bring us the one matching best.

While our dinner was being prepared I had the opportunity to walk towards the kitchens and watch all this theatrical cooking behind huge glasses with the busy professional chefs performing and working miracles behind their bench. It was as if I was having a trip to different spots of the Far East, in different cuisines and different restaurants at the same time. I have never come across something similar in any other restaurant I visited….and indeed I can count so many through my travelling experience.

We were asked if we preferred, to sit outside at the covered lush with tropical plants patio which looked like an oasis –something like an earthly paradise. This is how I felt the moment I stepped outside and saw all this beauty, the relaxing atmosphere, the live fire, similar to which I have never seen in my entire life! While going through the patio the soothing soundtrack carried me away for seconds to some dreamy shore in Asia. I would have preferred to sit outside but it was quite humid and warm so I decided to remain indoors which was just as good.

The interior is by all means modern and glamorous with leather textiles in colours of bronze amber and silver with flashes of turquoise. Tables are quite small and we had to add a second one to get all the different dishes we had on the table.

The menu included some Japanese Appetisers which were the Chawanmushi (foie gras, egg custard, wasabi) for Qr. 30, Mizuna salad (Mizuna leaves, Myoga ginger, Yuzu dressing) for 50, Crispy soft shell crab salad for 60, and the Ebi tempura (tiger prawn tempura, Yuzu pepper sauce) for 60. The main course was the Yuzu pepper sea bass (Japanese Yuzu citrus flavoured grilled sea bass) for 110.
    Out of the “Chef’s Selection” we had the Susi and Sashimi Platter that comes in 6 pieces of Sashimi, 3 pieces of Nigiri, 6 pieces of Maki rolls for 230. (we had a smaller portion)
    We had the Thai Som tam malakor appetisers (green papaya salad, peanuts for 40. Our Indonesian dish was the Gado gado salad (Kang koon, peanut sauce) for 35.
    From the Chinese cuisine we had the Wok vegetables (bok choy, water chestnuts, shimeji mushroom and asparagus) for 50.

We accompanied our meal with a bottle of Luiji Bosca wine coming from Argentina for 300 that the sommelier recommended and he was so right.

For dessert we had the Mixed Fruit platter, a Mango pudding and the Nama chocolate. Each was rated 40 and all the above prices are in Quatari Riyal.

Each and every dish was exceptional, fresh ingredients and of the highest quality and taste, exactly what we expected to get out of a Four Season’s Restaurant. Everything was nicely cooked and prepared right that moment. The white wine we had was soft and well balanced with the finest taste matching with all the above we had.

If you are after the highest quality and taste this is the right spot for you. Let the menu travel you as it did to us. I highly recommend it by all means!

Sushi and Sashimi Platter Dining at the Nusantao -Four Seasons, Doha Crispy soft shell crab salad Chefs behind the huge glass window Our dessert

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

The Bon bini Restaurant -Sealine Beach Resort: Amazing cuisine, Impecable service.

by greekcypriot Updated Nov 14, 2012

The Sealine Beach resort is 50 minutes drive from Doha in the southern part of Qatar near the city of Mesaieed. I can say the drive up to a certain point is amidst sand dunes of the Arabian desert expanding out to the sea but the way is not that interesting. As we approach some trees can faintly be seen in the distance at some point; a kind of an oasis in this dessert land.
    The closer we come the greenery is tangible with an abundance of plants, trees and shrubs. After the drive of only dessert sand dunes we look forward to explore this little oasis. The resort’s garden seems idyllic within the first view.
    My review here however is mostly for the “Bon bini Restaurant” and not for a stay in this hotel even though we spent a whole day out here.
    We have to show our passports and pay something like 20 euros each to enter the resort. Members have a discount but the fee is flexible depending on the day and the package one has.

After a quick stroll in the beautiful gardens for some pictures we get to the restaurant for lunch. The staff is very friendly

The Bon bini Restaurant is by the lobby and the cuisine here is international with a choice of buffet and a la carte menu. Our table is already set and is nicely decorated. The buffet itself looks colorful with a nice presentation with great variety of all kinds of salads, exotic veggies and fruit. These are actually what I like to have more than anything else. The aroma of the international cuisine of sweet and exotic scents of fruit and veggies is in the air and it is very pleasing.
    I am very picky as always and I am amazed how everything looks so fresh. Usually I choose my food and if something is exceptional I do return for more. Indeed I returned for some more salads which were outstanding and it is obvious that the ingredients are of high quality.
    The buffet is so rich that I wanted to skip the main course but out of curiosity I had a bite or two just to be sure of the quality
    We had a platter of the Oriental mix grill. Well, I can say that meat tastes and smells differently from any European meat and I am more or less a vegetarian but still I try one or two bites just for the experience. (I preferred the grilled chicken). Other than the chicken meat, the rest have a strong flavor and a peculiar taste but the locals love it.

The Oriental mix grill consist shish taouk, shish kebab, kofa and lamb chop and it costs Qr.135. The Sea food fiesta which is the most expensive dish in the restaurant consists of grilled half lobster, prawn, salmon and hammour fish and is at Qr. 234.
    The grilled half chicken costs Qr.68

Non alcoholic beverages cost Qr,45 and any beer is at Qr.38
    With the Champagne of course being the most expensive and it costs Qr.1700.

Now desserts vary from Qr. 34 to the most expensive one –the Blueberry cheese cake for Qr. 44.
    There is a choice of ice creams (2 scoops Qr. 34)
    Cappuccino costs Qr.21.

We enjoyed our meal, the service was impeccable, food was fine and I highly recommend it. The gardens and sport facilities are ok and the beach is supposed to be one of the best in Qatar. The changing rooms were not what we expected and they surely need renovation, however I will try to book earlier if ever back in Doha and spend a few days out here at the resort. This time we were unlucky as it was fully booked due to the Eid Al Adha holidays.

Buffet at the Bon bini restaurant Buffet at the Bon bini restaurant Buffet at the Bon bini restaurant Dainty morsel -at the Bon bini Restaurant Enjoyin our lunch at the Bon bini Restaurant

"MYKONOS" in Doha: No End to the Delicious flavours -A ‘must Visit

by greekcypriot Written Nov 12, 2012

What a nice surprise to come across a restaurant in Doha that shares the same name with the most beautiful island of the world! Yes, for us Greeks the island of Mykonos is the most beautiful island worldwide and I also urge through this review anyone who has never visited it to do so.
    Being a Greek I inevitably felt that we had to visit it as its name was a challenge. We made reservations for dinner but we had to change it to lunch because we had to catch a very late flight back home later that evening. Of course when we found out that the real programme with music, dancing and singing…even with plates thrown in the air is on every single night (just as in Greece) I felt disappointed because we were going to miss all this.

The restaurant which is part of the Intercontinental Hotel was almost full the moment we arrived but we preferred to sit inside to avoid noise and heat. The hotel is located approximately 2.6 km from the city centre of Doha.

It is obvious that the owner of the Intercontinental who was enjoying his lunch only a few metres away from us by the pool has bonds with Mykonos and the Greek Mediterranean cuisine. This probably explains the name of the restaurant!
    What a relaxing and friendly atmosphere! Pity that it was our last day in Doha otherwise we would have surely be back another night to have dinner here.

I was curious to see what the signature dishes here are and they are mainly three.
    The Confit of lamb shank Qr. 110, the Beef stew “giouvetsi” Qr. 85 and the Hammour fillet Qr.90.
    Side orders cost Qr. 25 and these are -the Greek salad, Rocca salad, Mashed potato, Grilled vegetables, Potato wedges, or White rice.

For the curious ones who want to know the price of the Traditional Greek Mousaka it is Qr. 75, and the most expensive dish in the catalogue is of course the Lobster Linguini. It is served in light tomato sauce, basil and extra virgin olive oil and it costs Qr. 135.

Not long while we were looking at the catalogue the chef comes out to welcome us as he heard that we are Greeks. That was another surprise for me. Mr. Panos told us that several products like wines, olive oils and different other delicacies come from Greece and he even asked if we wanted to have some ouzo. Amazing! Being in Doha and in a Greek restaurant!!
    I urge people visiting Doha not to miss this restaurant with the myriad Mediterranean tastes. The catalogue is long and the chef guaranteed that everything offered is of the best quality with fresh ingredients.
    We got acquainted with the chef and the Greek people there and when asked what we wanted to have I explained that we preferred something light that day. I decided to rely completely on the chef for our menu.
    We did not have to wait long for the food to be brought to us. We accompanied everything with some fine pink ‘rose’ wine and this time Mr. Tsiknas was the one who decided for this.

Now as to what we had …We had the Traditional Greek Spinach pie for Qr.40, the Mykonos Greek salad for Qr. 65, the Zucchini Patties for Qr,50, the Staffed wine leaves “Dolmadakia” for Qr.45, the Marinated Octopus Salad for Qr. 75. All these were actually ‘mezzedes’.
    The main dish we had was Grilled Tiger Prawns which were mixed with green leaves, tomato and caper vinaigrette. Qr.126.

I did not regret that I let the people of Mykonos decide for our menu. Everything was exceptional, fresh and so tasty. If we ever go back and I think we will be back in Doha soon we shall come here for dinner for sure. You will get a complete different picture compared to other restaurants, with guests getting excited with the bouzouki music, the singing and dancing.

I highly recommend Mykonos by all means – A ‘must visit’ before going anywhere else!

Grilled Tiger Prawns Mykonos restaurant Cheers to all from Mykonos in Doha Octopus, Zucchini patties and Greek spinach pie The Greek

Instant Answers: Doha

Comments

Doha Restaurants

greekcypriot's Profile Photo

The majority of Signature Restaurants are found in Luxurious 5* hotels.

HAVE IN MIND: Qatar is an Islamic state, which prohibits drinking alcohol in public other than at licensed...