Desert Safari, Doha

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

The Glamorous Pearl Island District!

by greekcypriot Updated Feb 9, 2014
    The glamorous Pearl district

No trip to Qatar would be complete without visiting, shopping or dining on the glamorous Pearl Island district.

It looks like it is becoming the new face of Qatar.

The walk on the boardwalk of the Marina takes your breath away looking at the magnificent yachts parked all next to each other.

• With its high-end boutiques, refined marina and elegant restaurants, the Pearl district is a perfect spot to enjoy dinner and take a stroll around afterwards.

• Fishing

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo

A full day interesting venture!

by greekcypriot Written Dec 10, 2012

From the Desert Safari

The Desert Safari is a full day excursion and is another nice venture.
    It costs $ US 75 per person.

It is a journey to the In-land-Sea about 80 to 100 kms from Doha. I am just giving you pictures from my own experience but I have no intention of promoting any Company.
    When you come to Doha you will come across several such companies that undertake similar safaris.

Inclusive are the 4X4 vehicles, BBQ Lunch/Dinner
    Soft drinks, Tea, Coffee and Mineral Water.

• Safari

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Great time !!!!

by jlanza29 Written Mar 19, 2012

had a great time !!!!

When in the middle east do yourself a favor and either take a camel ride or if you done that rent a atv or a dune buggy ..... we choose to rent a atv .... just be careful going up and down the sand dunes ... sand shifts with the wind ..... be smart about it and you'll be ok .... we paid 100 dinars for 60 minutes .... more than enough time to wonder the desert, but be careful and know which way is which getting lost is very easy !!!!!

• Desert Safari

by Fra.da. Written Jul 26, 2006

Up and down the dunes

Desert safari in Qatar is an awsome experience. I have never seen such big desert dunes! Trips are organized by local agencies... You'd better book a trip rather than going on your own: you could easily get lost and the desert seems soooo big!! Highly recommended.

• Safari

• Sand dune racing

by bangkokjim Written Jul 22, 2006

This is a fun thing to do with local guys ( at the time I was in Qatar, only Qataris could have a 4 wheel drive Landrover type vehicle- although some westerners had one via their sponsor's title) My Qatari friends would take me driving to some dunes of sand, ( like sand mountains!) and would drive crazily and skid and twist and all kinds of racing and rocking whilst driving on the mountain of sand. Once we stopped on top of the mountain of sand and I hopped out of the car and tried to run down the mountain of sand. Very difficult - I slid down most of the mountain until my friend rescued me with the landrover. ha ha .
    At night we tried it another time. The cool evening air was a nice blend with the still warm sand from the day's heat. Picnics on the sand dunes were fun too ( We also smoked some "funny" stuff since there are no police to be seen around those places at night!) A real treat and experience of a lifetime!

• Adventure Travel

• awladhassan's Profile Photo

drive the dunes

by awladhassan Written Oct 15, 2005

Qatar dunes

If you have a 4x4 vehicle a trip out to the dunes is worthwhile. The dunes are large and many people like to drive up them, though we exercised our legs and climbed up. From there there is a view over the oil and gas fields.
    We had fun writing messages in the sand and clambering up and down.
    And did my legs suffer!