Been here? Rate It!
Hop-on hop-off tourist bus of Doha
One of the newest additions to Doha’s tourist scene!
The First Tourist Bus of Doha.
You can tour around the city’s most famous spots riding an open-top bus. Trundling from the airport end of the Corniche all the way to the Pearl, the route takes tourists on a tour of Doha’s past, present and future.
Stops include Souq Waqif, the Museum of Islamic Art, Salata Park, Katara, the Pearl, and City Center and Lagoona Malls. The bus plays a recorded commentary about Qatar in seven different languages.
Buses arrive at each stop every 20 minutes, meaning that you can hop on and off whenever you want. Tickets cost QR 180 (€36.00) for an adult, QR 90 (€18.00) for children from 5-15 (under 5s are free)
There is a family ticket – for two adults and two children – costs QR 455 (€90)
- Arts and Culture
- Museum Visits
- Business Travel
Driving over Sand Dunes
One of Quatari ventures is dune bashing and the unforgettable rides.
The fun begins when the 4X4 Wheel Drive vehicles start the dune bashing over the golden sands where you get the real meaning of fun.
It is not that cheap however, considering that you have to pay $ US 62 per person!
- Road Trip
Road trip from Dubai to Qatar / Doha
Recently i had planned for a road trip from dubai to doha in my car during holidays (18th December to 21st December), but i could not complete all the formalities before the holidays, hence i cancelled my trip.
1) You must have a valid UAE residence visa
2) The car must be registered in your name, if financed by any bank then you must obain a no objection certificate from the bank.
3) You must obtain Certificate of Tourism from Road Transport Authority (RTA), documents required may be your passport copy, NOC from bank if the car is under loan period, orginal registration card, driving licence etc.
4) You may apply for saudi transit visa after getting the certificate of tourism from RTA, there is one private agency who does this in deira (Bilaad Al sham - Deira)
5) Qatar consulate confirmed that visa can be obtained at the border depending on the profession of the resident. (eg: Professionals, managers, accountants etc... are allowed)
I think all these paper works will take 7-10 days, therefore plan atleast 2 weeks ahead if you are planning for a road trip to Doha from Dubai.
The procedures can change from time to time, so better take an idea from the above and reconfirm with the authorities before you travel.
- Road Trip
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Doha Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Assateague Island Hotels
- Algonquin Provincial Park Hotels
- Grapevine Hotels
- Male Island
- Bangladesh Hotels
- Lloret de Mar