Places to eat in Baladiyat al Khawr

• Restaurants

Most Viewed Restaurants in Baladiyat al Khawr

CIAO: Italian Restaurant

by mikoykoy Updated Sep 27, 2007

Pasta and Pizza restaurant in Al Khor.

(Update) I already posted this restaurant long time ago although I have not yet tried eating in this restaurant.

Yesterday was my first time. We held a farewell party to our section managers and some senior Japanese staff whose stint here in the project is already done.

We tried several types of pasta and pizza. I cannot even remember the name of which pizza flavor I tried.

The food is quite good but not that great.

Pizza Hungry Pasta

Nayong Filipino: Very own Filipino Restaurant

by mikoykoy Written Sep 27, 2007

As the name of the restaurant alone, no doubt that this is a Filipino restaurant. Named after one of our tourist spot in Pasay City (although the spelling was changed - Filipino instead of Pilipino), the restaurant serves not only Filipino dish, but some Thai food as well.

The place is located at the second floor of the Food Court (this is the name of the building) and is the most busiest tenant in the the second floor. They cater not only Filipinos but other nationalities as well ( I saw Koreans,our Japanese colleagues and white guys which I don't know from which country they came from).

Since as I have said the the place is very famous, waiting time for you to get your order served sometimes takes 30 to 45 minutes, but still worth waiting.

Try visiting the place at 8pm and see the people in queu to get their orders. These guys are Filipinos craving to eat our native foods. Kare-kare (beef cooked in peanut sauce), bulalo (stewed beef bone marrow), embutido (jumbo sausage with sliced hotdogs, raisins and carrots), daing na bangus (fried milkfish seasoned in vinegar and garlic) and others.

Favorite Dish: Sisig, bulalo, sizzling seafood.

Store Front sizzling vegetables
    • Work Abroad

Papa John: Pizza in Town

by mikoykoy Updated Jan 23, 2007

Being the 4th food shop to open in Food Centre, people were still curious about the taste of pizza from Papa John. As of this writing , I have already eaten there thrice. My favorite is their garden salad pizza as there are minimum amount of bad cholesterol to add in my blood streams.

One thing I liked about Papa John is the free mozarella cheese, garlic sauce, pickled jalapeno and their special seasoning. This spice up the flavor of the pizza.

Taste of pizza is comparable to Yellow Cab Pizza.

We always order their cheeze bread (pizza crust topped with mozarella cheese). For QR12, budget conscious eater will already be satisfied.

Large Pizza - QR 48
    I forgot the prize of the solo and medium sized pizza

Store Front Logo Billboard Papa John's Special Chicken Barbeque

DAIRY QUEEN: Grill and Chill

by mikoykoy Updated Jan 23, 2007

We tried last night the newly opened Dairy Queen in Al-Khor. I am not sure if we were one of the first 100 customers because it was their soft-opening.

Located on the second floor fast food court, DQ serves burgers and various deserts. Since it was my first time eating here, I tried their Mushroom Swiss Grilled Burger. By the way, fries and bottomless soda is included for every order of burger.

For those who wants to gain weight, they have a half-pounder grilled burger. However, my colleague said that it did not look like as half-pounder.

The store manager gave us complimentary ice cream as part of their opening promotion. She even took our picture in front of the store as souvenir shot.

Store Front Grill and Chill Dairy Queen

Kentucky Fried Chicken: Fried Chicken

by mikoykoy Written Jun 27, 2006

The store itself is small considering the population of the area. Approximately, it can accommodate 40 persons.

Same as with other KFC store, choice of chicken can be original or spicy.

Chicken sandwich, desserts and Kiddie meals are also available.

They also have this new meal called Rizo, rice topping which chicken fillet served with special sauce (see picture).

For delivery contact (9)410-410

Favorite Dish: No other that fried chicken (original recipe).

Store Front Customers at the counter Rizo Bucket Meal Desserts

• mikoykoy's Profile Photo

Hot Chicken Cafeteria: Nothing else...

by mikoykoy Updated Apr 26, 2006

Place is small but the variety of food that can be ordered are plenty. There are Indian, Chinese and Arabic foods to choose from. They also got delivery service

Favorite Dish: Hot chicken, mixed fried rice. Don't forget to order fresh fruit juice.

2 piece chicken meal Mixed Fried Rice The Hot Chicken Boys Menu (in English)

Pizza Hut: Another Pizza Restaurant in Town

by mikoykoy Written Jan 23, 2007

Newest addition of restaurant in town. I have not tried yet eating but I am sure the menu are the same with that of their branch in City Centre.

Store Front

Instant Answers: Baladiyat al Khawr

Comments

Baladiyat al Khawr Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Baladiyat al Khawr restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baladiyat al Khawr sightseeing.
Map of Baladiyat al Khawr