Requirements of a Quality School
The board should believe that the function of formal education is to provide a foundation for lifelong learning and to enable each student to participate effectively and responsibly in a changing world. The board should recognize the critical role of parents, businesses, and the community in helping individual students and the school to meet educational goals.
A successful educational program also depends on innovation at the individual school level.
In addition to providing a basic education program as prescribed by the Board of Education, the board should believe that the educational program also must strive to provide each student with the opportunity to:
• Develop effective communication skills;
• Learn to be responsible for and accept the consequences of one’s conduct and academic performance;
• Acquire attitudes and practices that foster good physical and mental health;
• Develop the capacity to examine and solve problems;
• Develop creative skills and an understanding and appreciation of the arts;
• Foster respect and appreciation for cultural and ideological diversity and differences;
• Develop the ability to be productive in a team environment;
• Learn and acquire the skills necessary for a lifetime of continuous learning and adaptation to change in the workplace and society;
• Prepare for challenging curriculum beyond school;
• Acquire the skills needed for technological literacy in a rapidly changing world.
• These goals and objectives of the educational program will be used to guide administrators, teachers and the board in all of their duties, including curriculum development, selection of materials and issues related to instructional time
The school should modify the curriculum and instructional guides as a part of the school improvement plan. The superintendent, or designee, to ensure the continuity of the educational program, must approve any modifications.
Fondest memory: Required Mission Statement: - To establish a reliable, dependable and affordable quality school in Qatar, with an objective to impart knowledge, through highly trained teachers who acknowledge their profession as a vocation.