Places to eat in Qatar

• Smashing of dishes on the stage and dancing
    Smashing of dishes on the stage and...
  • The Night of Bouzouki at the Intercontinental
    The Night of Bouzouki at the...
    The Murgh Makhni Stew soup

Most Viewed Restaurants in Qatar

• Saagar's Profile Photo

Airport transit restaurant: Doha International Airport

by Saagar Written Nov 12, 2011

This restaurant, more like a fast food outlet mixed with cafe style food is not top notch. I wouldn't have expected that either, but the cost/quality balance isn't there really. Unless you end up as I occasionally do - having long transit hours there and there is nothing to do unless you get out and into Doha proper.
    There is a daily main hot dish for transit passengers, and those in long transit get a voucher (available from a desk in the cafe seating area) so they get this for free with a soft drink. Nice actually, but leaves something to be desired if you have to pay for the same. There are various snacks and drinks (soft/tea/coffee/beer) to be had. The staff is mostly Nepali.
    The airport will be renovated, so by the end of next year I hope this restaurant has found a replacement.

Favorite Dish: Chose something spicy if you have a choice. The Indian dishes in my experience are quite good, lamb in particular.

• Business Travel

• Le Mer: Ritz Carlton

by Mawson Written Dec 11, 2006

Le Mer is a sumptious French restaurant at the top of the Ritz Carlton in Doha. The food was fantastic, the views over the city at night were beautiful and the service was truly first class.

Favorite Dish: I had a scallop and tomato starter and i could have eaten it all night. Beautiful fresh scallops. My fellow diners also enjoy their meals, one having the fillet of beef and the other had Turbot - the king of fish.

• Spa and Resort

• dannyffz's Profile Photo

New Star along Rayyan St. near Al Bidda St.: Barbeque Chicken

by dannyffz Updated Sep 19, 2005

The restaurant is typically arabic/ indian in food , ambience and surrounding. As you drive to the parking lot, an usher will show you the way to the restaurant. The restaurant caters arabic/ and indian foods. The pictures of the menu are actually painted on a billboard at the ceiling. You can choose the food you like by pointing the food to the waiter. Most of the waiters understands English.

Favorite Dish: The favorite dish is the barbeque chicken with kabosh/ fries and vegetable salad. The barbeque chicken is the best I have tasted so far in my entire life. The mixture of spices which marinated the chicken prior to being barbequed brings an exotic taste to the chicken. Truly different.

Brightly Lighted in the evening - New Star Restaur

• Al-Majlees Al-Arabi Restaurant: Try having your meal on the ground

by Mayda_Melhem Written Mar 12, 2005

While driving to the restaurant I expected an old man with traditional clothes would open the door for me and give me the Arabian coffee as bidding welcome. Also I expected to find the restaurant full with guests, since it is well known at Qatar and most of the royal families visit it usually. The restaurant is consists of two stories, first one for men and the other one is for women and families, also it is sectioned for smoking and non-smoking areas. It has rooms which are decorated in Arabic style where you can have your meal on the ground. When you see the restaurant from out side you would think that it is a very normal one, but in fact, when you go inside it, it is covered by plants, coppery, wood decoration and special tables for multi purposes. Not to forget the separated rooms where you can have your family meal in a separate rooms to maintain privacy to its customer.

When I entered the restaurant I was surprised by amount of the plants which covered every thing, also the wood, which gives the restaurant an easterner décor. I felt relaxed and wanted to take a picture with the lovely plants that they fill the place

From my experience of visiting this restaurant, I noticed multi-national guests starting with Qatari families, European businessmen, and ending with Middle East group's guests.

As fast as I went to the second floor, a smile young man dressed in a clean & ironed clothes was waiting for me, saying “hi , welcome to our restaurant Miss” in a pleasant way. He seated me in a quiet table and took my ordered after going through the menu which consists of different cultured meals. The main dish took 15 minutes to be prepared, meanwhile I was enjoying the soup. When I asked about the check, I had it after 3 minutes.

Arabic Jalssa

• tiirrep's Profile Photo

tiirrep's Restaurant Tip

by tiirrep Updated Aug 24, 2002

While walking around Qatar I noticed a butcher shop with a carcass hanging in the window. I figured it would be an interesting photo so I took one. One of the 4 individuals who were eating inside noticed me and asked if I wanted to take a picture of his shop. So I did. He and three other guys were siting in a circle eating lunch at the time.

• ina.thomas's Profile Photo

Maxim's restaurant and bar at...

by ina.thomas Written Aug 24, 2002

Maxim's restaurant and bar at the Ramada Renaissance Hotel.
    Exquisite service and atmosphere. Much more better (and cheaper) as in Sheraton Doha's Al Shaheen Restaurant.
    A must for every Qatar visitor

Favorite Dish: Steak Diana (prepared directly at your table)

• ina.thomas's Profile Photo

Fisherman's cove - but only...

by ina.thomas Written Aug 24, 2002

Fisherman's cove - but only fridays (=Qatari sunday)
    When the weather conditions are good (that means in Qatar its not too hot!) you can sit outside at the harbour.

Favorite Dish: Breakfast (all you can eat Buffet)

Qatar Hotels

Instant Answers: Qatar

Comments

Qatar Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Qatar restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Qatar sightseeing.
Map of Qatar