Al Qatif Local Customs

Best Rated Local Customs in Al Qatif

• anees's Profile Photo

Collective Wedding Party (Up To 32 couples)

by anees Updated Jul 15, 2007

Its been fashionable in the past 15 years for many people in Qatif, Dammam, and Al Ahsa of Eastern province of Saudi Arabia to plan their wedding parties to be collective one with several other couples.
    In some wedding parties, We've seen up to 32 couples celebrated their wedding together aiming to reduce costs, and to have more people attending their party.
    Since 1990, its been frequent event happening in Qatif towns, when large number of people, decide organizing mass marriage ceremonies for a large number of new Honeymooners up sometimes to 32 grooms and brides.
    Saihat, and Safwa were the most active in running a very sucessful collective wedding parties.
    Qatif collective marriage ceremonies repeated, annual and sometimes twice a year where each couple to pay fees far less than the cost of the normal marriage ceremony. (5000 in collective cermoney compared to SAR 30000 in normal one)
    A huge tent will be sat for the party which can be attended by any one wish too

• Festivals
    • Music

• freddie18's Profile Photo

A Wedding Celebration - Arabian Style

by freddie18 Updated Feb 26, 2008

These are some of the photos I managed to have during the wedding celebration of a Saudi officemate. I did not even have a glance of the bride, and no one ever will. As it was my first and last wedding event, I did not have a clue on how the ceremony took place. It could be very private with only the close family members and relatives present.

It doesn't matter to me as I have learned and understand the culture and tradition in the Kingdom. What I can say is that it was a big reception with the groom and his guests have a separate outdoor dinner and the bride with her guests in a separate big reception area indoor. It doesn't make any difference. We all enjoyed it as I have eaten food that I do not normally eat. It was so special.

• Work Abroad
    • Religious Travel

Instant Answers: Al Qatif

Comments

Al Qatif Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Al Qatif local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Al Qatif sightseeing.