History and Cultures, Jiddah

Know about this? Rate It!

Souk Al Nada,Jeddah Downtown
    by S_J_Miller
  • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Multi-cultural city!

by DunaKal Updated Jun 6, 2003

Favorite thing: My favorite thing about Jeddah is that it`s a cosmopolitan city,you will find many people here sharing the same green Saudi passport,yet come from all races,this had enriched our culture.
    In Jeddah,local people are a lot more open towards foreigners.

Fondest memory: Hosting many dinners for pligrimages from all over the Muslim countries in our house,we had visiters from Tunis,Lebanon,Indonesia,Iraq and lots more.

I remember once our door bell rang(I was about 10 years old then)and when I opend the door there was a group of 20 people or more wanting to use our toilet and have some water to drink beacause their bus had broken down (I remember they were from Turkey).And my mother,though she was sick at the time,,but she welcomed them all..she knew that Allah(God)must reward her for her generousity.

Souk Al Nada,Jeddah Downtown

• mahmedou's Profile Photo

If you are a muslim, Makkah is...

by mahmedou Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: If you are a muslim, Makkah is only 70 km where you can make an Oumrah and pray at the holy Mosque.
    If you're not, Jiddah can enchante you with its traditional markets such as Bab Makkah which I like very much. You can visit the musuems in Sahat Al Mazloum or the different beach resorts offering varieties of excitment including horse riding, boat sailing, gulf car driving and scuba diving.

Fondest memory: I miss Ramadn - the month of fasting - in Jeddah. We used to go around with all the traditional lampaderes and food small shops. The taraweeh prayer in Mosques. The suhur announcement just before Fajr and many other memorable stories in Jiddah

Instant Answers: Jiddah