Al Baik, Jiddah

Al Baik fast food Restaurant
    by majed81
  • Al Baik
    by patatina
  • Al Baik: u have never taste any broast like albaik

by imran786 Updated Feb 1, 2005

i was lucky when i use to live in jeddah and almost every 2nd day i go to albaik the service is amazing the quality and the main thing u will never taste any chicken like albaik i have been almost half of the world i eat some fried chicken but none of them like albaik i would love to eat again.

Favorite Dish: chicken and fries and the i love the garlic sauce hammmmmmmm

• Al Baik: Putting KFC to Shame

by Digi Written Feb 16, 2004

Chicken al-Baik is a well known Fried Chicken chain in Saudi Arabia. I had never heard of it, and was satisfied with eating halal KFC. However, my uncle introduced me to the chicken from al-Baik, and KFC cannot compare. The chicken is excellent, juicy, crispy, and the garlic sauce is magnificent.

Its no surprise to see extremely long lines in Al-Baik restaurants.

Favorite Dish: Fried Chicken with Garlic Sauce

• Al Baik: Be careful

by DKNYjeddah Written Jan 31, 2004

Saudi Arabia obviously sells all Halal items,but Al Baik is an exception .Al Baik used to be Halal pre 1997 when it was owned by a Palestenian businessman -the tycoon who started this business.Unfortunately it was taken over by a Saudi prince whom I dont want to name in 1996.I dont want to say anything further but you may be wondering where the raw chicken comes from.It used to come from Al Fakieh poultry farms before 1996 ,from 1996 to 1997 it came from South Africa(proved Halal)and from 1997 onwards it started to come from France(nobody was able to prove that the chicken was Halal until date) .
    Although the chicken is well tasty and tempting to eat,I would not if I were you.

Favorite Dish: Used to be half spicy chicken with coleslaw.

• School Holidays
    • Work Abroad
    • Singles

• Al Baik: 7 years later and I wish I could go back

by ne1se4 Written Oct 7, 2003

I grew up in Jeddah from '82-'96. My favorite food was the Broast / Al-Baik my dad would bring home afterwork. That chicken is the best in the world and the GARLIC SAUCE is also excellent. My family has tried to recreate both since we moved, but to no avail. A family friend who still lived there brought me some here where I live a few years ago. Even though it was 2 days old and cold, I practically inhaled it. Al-Baik should open up stores around the world.

P.S. I put "about average" down there compared to other Jeddah restaurants because it was SO INEXPENSIVE THERE. Sodas were, converted, 25 US cents.

Favorite Dish: I GET THE CHICKEN (DRUMSTICKS AND THIGHS), BREAD, FRIES, GARLIC SAUCE. The chicken is juicy inside yet crispy on the outside. KFC's Crispy pales in comparison. The fries are okay. Definitely edible, but not what I crave. The sesame buns I didn' t start eating until I was about 12 because as a kid, I wanted to leave room for more chicken and garlic sauce. But I started to make these garlic sauce, chicken, and fries sandwiches. This place is definitely not for the health-conscious.

• Work Abroad
    • Business Travel
    • Religious Travel

• Al Baik: food ... foooooooooooood

by amna_alshamsi Written Sep 30, 2003

They service excellent kind of food, either sea food or other kind for fast food . I do not know if i should characterize it as a fast food restaurant or not. It has perfect food. some people think it is like KFC , personally i think it is hmmmm,

Favorite Dish: All kind esepcially sea food

• fouads's Profile Photo

Al Baik: tasty food

by fouads Updated Apr 8, 2004

jiddah

The Food here is so tasty and clean with quick servise .

Favorite Dish: there is chicken dishes with potato , cola and Jambari also .

Instant Answers: Jiddah

Comments

Hotels Near Al Baik
4.0 out of 5 stars