Java Lounge, Jiddah

sign outside javalounge
    by TomorrowsAngel
    by DunaKal
    by DunaKal
  • Java Lounge: nice atmosphere BUT...

by Manyana Written Jun 7, 2007

i have been to this place three times. it's well-know as a dating spot for students. the music play is arabic and it's nice. it comprises of two floors with nice couches and dim lights. the menu is international including pastas, sandwiches, seafood, steak and the dessert of course.

however the biggest disavantage of this place is the customer service. it is absolutely degrading and very bad. last time i had been there was arriving at prayer time where they had to close for the prayer retreat. there was absolutely no one to take our orders and we waited for 45 minutes only to take orders. i asked a waiter if he could take them, he just said after prayers, and so the rest of his team! my girl friend was so angry and my other one felt so upset as she was tired. so we had to to leave. the door guy didn't let us leave in the beginning. actually he just responded in a very negative manner and criticised my friend's reaction to the bad service as if he was doing us a favour.

we just left to the restaurant next door. pleased us, we had a very good service compared to this mistreament we had earlier.

Favorite Dish: usually i have the fried calamari.

prices are a bit more expensive than average, around SR80-SR120 per person.

• Luxury Travel

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Java Lounge: Java Lounge

by DunaKal Updated Nov 5, 2003

Java Lounge

This one of the newest restaurants in the city,you will need reservations if you`re planning on dining there after 8:30 p.m.
    The restaurant has two levels,,the lower level serves food and Shisha.
    The upper level serves only drinks and desserts as well as shisha.(water pipe).

• TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo

Java Lounge: javalover

by TomorrowsAngel Written Sep 16, 2003

sign outside javalounge

The restaurant is divided into downstairs, which has tables for large groups and a 'bar'. And upstairs has alcoved and non-alcoved tables.
    The decor is really cool - the alcove walls are silver with blue and purple lighting. The rest of the lighting is muted. The chairs are all soft and comfy, and the tables big enough to fit all the fashionably oversized plates on.
    Service was excellent - it should be for an 18% service charge.
    The toilets are really cool - but why have the guy’s ones upstairs, and the girls' downstairs?
    My verdict on javalounge is: awesome restaurant, but best saved for a really special occasion.

Favorite Dish: I started with a smoked salmon and sweet potato salad, it had curried yoghurt dressing and heaps of crunchy coz lettuce. My mates had: shrimp spring rolls - all were different lengths and served in a glass (an original touch), and calamari breaded and fried, served in a bread case thingy.
    Mains we had: lebanese chicken salad rolls (served with guacamole, sliced tomato and garlic sauce, wrapped in lavash bread and grilled like panini). And t-bone steak with mushroom sauce that apparently 'melted like butter'.
    Desserts: I had raspberry cheesecake. The others had java teardrop (raspberry and mango layered sorbet), and white chocolate ice cream profiterole tower (it was ginormous).
    The food was amazing, and the portion sizes were big, but then so is the price!
    The drinks were good - but pricey, anyone out there wanna pay SR 30 ($US 9) for a non-alcoholic cocktail?

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Java Lounge: Impressive Decoration

by DunaKal Updated Jul 9, 2003

Java Lounge

Here`s another Picture taken from the restaurant`s entrence,I was lucky I arrived there very early to reserve a table to celebrate my sister`s birthday.
    Reservations are required only for dining after 8:30p.m.And Children will not be allowed in after 5:30 p.m.

Instant Answers: Jiddah

Comments

Hotels Near Java Lounge
29 Opinions