Starbucks Cafe, Jiddah

by TomorrowsAngel
    Starbucks Tahliya street
    by DunaKal
  • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Starbucks Cafe: YES! The Starbucksssssss!!!!!!

by DunaKal Written Oct 19, 2003

Starbucks Tahliya street

We have atleast 6 Starbuck in Jiddah,The first one open at Jamjoom Center.
    The picture is taken at the one in prince Mohammed street(formely Al Tahliya).
    The one in Le Mall has 2 floor ,an upper for the families and ladies.The lower floor is for single male section.

Favorite Dish: A Tall Frapachino costs about 12 Saudi Riyals,that`s about 3$.

• Starbucks Cafe: Relaxing

by Manyana Updated Mar 16, 2007

i gotta tell you it's my favourite coffee shop to hang out around, not to drink coffee, i'm not a coffee or tea drinker. but i like this place so much for two reasons; the cosy sofas they have and the quiet music they play, both overlooking the seaside, just amazing.
    i've been to different starbucks in jeddah though i haven't been to the biggest one yet ie in Tahlia st. the staff are always nice anywhere.

the tahlia branch has wireless connection so was told

big starbucks can be found in Tahlia, Iceland and Corniche. there are very smaller ones in city plaza, Hera Mall and other places

Favorite Dish: my favourite cold drink was vanilla frabaccino but i quit drinking it as it made me sick each time i had it:( though i used to like it a lot
    usually i have chocolate brownies or muffins; and they have those chocolate bars with marshmellow i think which is good too

• TomorrowsAngel's Profile Photo

Starbucks Cafe: predictable but nice

by TomorrowsAngel Written May 30, 2004

Ameer Sultan St Starbucks

Starbucks is basically the same the whole world over. It's nice here to sit and have a coffee and a wee snack during prayertime.
    Some people are boycotting it here because of the whole anti-American thing.
    There are about 15 Starbucks in Jeddah - standalone and inside shopping malls and even in bookstores.

Favorite Dish: I always get a venti espresso frappucino. In cold places I get a gingerbread latte (latte with ginger syrup) YUM.

• Starbucks: POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

by kyleallure Updated Jun 30, 2011

The Starbucks branch in Sari Street here in Jeddah (beside Jarir Bookstore) has a very poor customer service. There is one staff there named Victor, a black guy with an average height, should undergo a customer service training so he will know how to respect and treat customers appropriately to meet customers' satisfaction. Incident was, girls are only allowed to dine at the 2nd floor of the coffee shop (family area) since girls are not allowed to mix with the guys. Me and my friend just asked from him if he could give us a "tissue" so we don't have to go down and get it, since the condiments section are in the male area; However he answered us in a very rude way. "You go down and get it by yourself." I answered him like we're just asking a little favor from you as such and even said "please"; besides its not a hard thing to do to give us what we need. He said, "go get by yourself no problem". -WTF is that?! Where the hell did he get that kind of response to a LADY customer??! This is my very first encounter as a customer;You asked nicely but the crew responded you in a very rude way. I even haven't read any "self-service" sign as what they are claiming. And even if it is in their policy, is this how they should treat their customers?!

I wrote a complain in a small paper before i left the place. I even left my name and contact no.there.I hope appropriate action will be given for such rude behavior..,not just for me, but for the other customers as well. That if you guys will still have them..with that kind of customer service you're practicing and tolerating? Goodluck. Thanks.

Favorite Dish: Caramel Coffee with cream.

Instant Answers: Jiddah