Been here? Rate It!
The Gulf Royal: chinese
We arrived outside the Gulf Royal Restaurant off Thalia Street to be greeted by doormen and red carpet. The exterior ande interior of the restaurant in decorated to look kinda antique-cum-asian style.
Each table is surrounded by a frosted glass booth, so women can take off abbeyas and couples can sneak in here with relative ease.
The menu is way long. It's divided into categories: starters/soups, fish, prawn, chicken, beef, vege, rice, drinks/desserts. The menu isn't pure chinese, there are some japanese dishes too, like teppanyaki chiken/shrimp. So, in total, there are over 100 dishes to choose from - a good idea is to quickly look at starters, place an order, because the food is ready really fast, you can then eat and peruse the mains section at leisure.
Favorite Dish: This is what me and my two friends ate:-
- starters: squid rings, spring rolls, tom yum soup
- mains: keiko (can't remember exact name) shrimp, keiko chicken, mushrooms w/ bamboo shoots, chilli-type beef dish, vege/egg fried rice
- dessert: apple turnovers, banana turnovers, banana split.
The portions are aren't really big, we were 3 girls and managed to eat all of this quite easily!!
The Gulf Royal: Chinese food
This restaurants is one of the biggest chinese chain in Saudi Arabia and Cairo.
Boasting an extensive Chinese & Japanese menu of over 75 dishes offered daily, including sea fish, prawns, lobster, shrimps,meat,chicken,and vegetables.
The one located in the Al-Rawdah Dist,,has private rooms for privacy.
It has two sections for families(which means only families or single females are allowed in)and a single men section.
Favorite Dish: Most dishes are very good,but personally I never miss the Hot and Sour soup.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Jiddah Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Iloilo City
- Tortola Hotels
- Vickers Hot Springs Hotels
- Freeport City
- Saddlebunch Keys Hotels
- Riverdale Hotels
- Nea Kallikratia